Problem Error 503

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Semus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    @Kollo,
    you have to add traffic of the forum;), its INSANE today:D

2. Semus

Semus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    For new customers, this doesn't instill a whole lot of confidence.

3. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    its nothing to worry about. You have to give a little in the game....bc of that it might not be for you.

4. Semus

Semus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Not sure I understand... "You have to give a little in the game" ? What does that mean? Sorry, it just confused me.

Also, allow me to elaborate as to why this upsets me...

In your own words, you said that a server upgrade was "long overdue". That leads me to believe that this is an ongoing issue. If this is an ongoing issue, then it needs to be resolved.

Every single paying customer has a voice. Use it. Tell Sector 3 studios that these sorts of problems (not being able to play a game we just paid for because too many other people are playing right now) are unacceptable. Period. How fast do you think these issues would be resolved if everyone who ran into error 503 suddenly stopped giving money to Sector 3? Pretty damn quick.

That's how you use your voice. This is how you change things. If I don't like something, I speak up. If this has been going on for a long time, it needs to change, and this is how you do it. You don't just deal with it.

But hey, you're probably right. This game might not be for me. I don't particularly like games that make you pay money so you can wait for others to stop playing so that you can have a chance at actually logging in.

5. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Nothing really confusing about it. It is like a relationship. Somethings are good about it something are not. You either accept it and stay with it or move on.

There are a lot of things overdue in the game, like many other games. The fact remains, I and many others still really enjoy the game and, it took a while, accepted what we have. S3 is a VERY small team. This is a modular game that continually gets updated and improved upon. It is not a full release game, it has a completely different development cycle. So, with almost all games that are constant wips, there are good things and bad things with it.

I've really had no problems today but for an hour at peak time...so if anything this is way better than things have been.

6. Semus

Semus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You basically just made my point for me. Things keep getting better. Why? Because paying customers like me give their feedback. This is how you improve your product. You listen to feedback, and your product slowly gets better over time.

I don't expect error 503 to be resolved overnight. I do, however, expect it to be resolved. I do, however, expect to never see this error ever again (at some point). But this is how fixing things gets started. You make a STINK about it. That way, they know it's affecting people. If no one ever spoke up, nothing would ever get fixed.

You haven't had any issues today. Well, congratulations. You're one of the lucky few who just happened to be able to play, while I've been trying to log in ALL DAY, with ZERO luck. After paying over $100, I expected to at least be able to play it. Patches are one thing, and downtime to install those patches are expected. However, that has come and gone. At this point, I should be able to at least log in. I can't.

I don't know about you, but the fact that others are playing the game right now, and I have to wait my turn is a little upsetting, especially for a brand new customer that just paid 24 hours ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    S3 knows their patching has been poor. No one needed to let them know or vote with their wallet. So, just like buying anything you should read about the company and product you are buying into. You would have been fully aware of how S3 works, how their parent company operates. I tried to let you know the reality of things here. You thinking you are saying anything new here? S3 isn't going to say wow we didn't realize how bad it was and be something they don't already know or have commented on in the past. S3's parent company dictates what and where their money and resources will go which is dictated by their business partners.

Anyhow clear your cache see if that helps. You should be able to connect unless you have iffy internet. Where are you located? turn AV/FW off, try a vpn. Lots of people were just on, so you seem to be in a minority...which sadly will be more difficult to isolate the issue.

8. Semus

Semus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just because Sector 3 isn't looking at this thread and thinking to themselves "Wow, we had no idea, let's fix this asap" doesn't mean you can't speak your mind on a product you just purchased. I paid money for a product, and I expected to use said product. This particular issue is preventing me from doing that, and therefore I made this thread.

You and I got into this discussion because you brought up certain points, and I brought up certain counter points. That's what a discussion is all about. I voiced my opinion. You have voiced yours. I do appreciate the back and forth, even if you think otherwise.

Clearing cache? What are you referring to exactly?

I created exceptions for all R3E exe's for my firewall. I don't run AV. I also verified my files through Steam, and nothing has worked. I still cannot log in.

EDIT: I'm still getting the popup that keeps telling me that RRREWebBrowser.exe has stopped working.

EDIT2: I have excellent internet. No internet issues at all.

9. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    verify steam cache
    delete r3e cache. C:\Users\**********\Documents\my games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\"-Folder is a Folder called Cache or GameCache

try again.

I would turn off your firewall for testing, go naked. it really sounds like its something on your side, bug or something blocked, network issue.

10. Semus

Semus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Done, done, and done. No dice. I tried everything you suggested. I even tried uninstalling the game, deleting every file associated with R3E, and then reinstalling the game on a different hard drive. No dice. Error 503 persists.

Now what?

EDIT: That message keeps popping up that says "RRREWebBrowser.exe has stopped working". It pops up 3-4 times every time I try to start the game.

11. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    odd. I have never gotten that or seen it.....obviously something isn't right but I don't know what.

help desk tix maybe.

You have gotten in the game before right?

12. Semus

Semus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Nope. I have never played this game before. I installed the game, tried to start it, and I get Error 503 with those web browser pop-up's.

Listen, I appreciate the effort you've put into helping me out here. I really do. If this does turn out to be on my end, then my sincere apologies go out to Sector 3 (I'm big enough of a man to admit when I've made a mistake). With that said, I don't know what else to try at this point.

There's only one other thing I can think of, and that's opening all exe's as "administrator". Other than that, I'm at a loss.

13. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I had it intermittently, but trying again worked. Obviously not for yourself. I'm sure it will be fixed today.

14. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Yeah try admin.... something is blocking you.... and I don't mean that you don't know what you are doing or anything. :) This game is really sensitive with network connections. At one point lot of routers and ISPs in germany did not like the protocol r3e uses...I had that issue for a while. Then I used a vpn and that worked for me 100% of the time, since my outgoing can't really be blocked by my isp. Try that maybe. It could be downstream from you, isp etc...

I would put in a help desk tix.

15. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
  16. Semus

Semus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    OK, so it looks like changing all of the files to open as admin did the trick.

I had to navigate to the game folder, right click on all the files, and then check the boxes that say "Run this program as Administrator".

Again, my apologies to Sector 3.

I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro, and I've had a few programs act funny before I changed them to admin, so I don't know why this didn't click before now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Cool. Enjoy

18. Michael Frey

Michael Frey New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi,
    i get since yesterday the 503 error code.

router > fritzbox 7490 > firmware update
    firewall > disabled
    steam > verify integrity of game cache
    deleted profil > mygames/simbin

doesn´t help

19. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I havent been able to get in for 2 days now? Keeps bringing me to the login/DCL display and of course 503 after you try. Latest was last night around 8pm. Trying to show a friend the sim. Same issue Tuesday night. Figured then there was just an update underway.

20. [SQ.R.T]_VaXoU_FR

[SQ.R.T]_VaXoU_FR Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Same here ! Error 503 until 2 days ! I have a race tonight ... but with that sh.... no

Fix it pls