Problem Error Code 2

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Jack Mitchell, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Jack Mitchell

Jack Mitchell Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys - have been a big fan of R3E but have recently left it for a while. In this while I changed internet provider to BT.

Now that I'm trying to get back on (got an itch for some Group 5 machines) I get Error Code: 2 when trying to start the game. It only pops up with the little starting video without opening the game.

Firewalls are off, home network etc etc. Everything (I'm aware of) looks okay - Has anyone else come across this or knows what exactly code 2 is?

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Code 2 usually is a "file not found" error, so it is recommended to verify the games cache files in steam (right click, properties, local files). Also make sure game updates aren't disabled for RR so the game is up to date.

This might also be caused by Internet Explorer operating in offline mode, which changes some settings that are needed for RR to function properly. So make sure there's no dial-up connection set up (unlikely) and check IEs internet settings for the offline option.

If that doesn't help, report back please.
    Good luck.

3. Jack Mitchell

Jack Mitchell Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Thank you @Christian Moreau - I never use internet explorer but I loaded it up. Everything looked to be online, do I didnt change any settings. Strangley, Raceroom now works - maybe it just needed explorer to be woken up?

All good now though!! Thanks again

• Like Like x 1
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yea, you don't really need to use it, but some portal functions require that IE8 or higher has been installed properly at least once. So you can ignore IE in the future and keep using your favourite browser.
    It should even be ok to disable IE now, I've done it some time back and RR works as expected on my end.

Anyway, great that you sorted it, have fun.