eSports WTCC - Questions

Discussion in 'Esports WTCC' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Timo Heyden

Timo Heyden Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    So for example if I'm on place 43 in division 1 I'm not qualified for the multiplayer race. But if I'm on place 20 in division 2 I'm qualified for the multiplayer race?
    mmh... I understand that you will have races with different qualities, but so I try to get a top place in one of the divisions. Then I have more fun instead of the last places in the better division and I'm not in a multiplayer race.

2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    One time you lose, one time you win. That's life. Then just try to get on the top 24 of division 1. But it's good that less good drivers can participate as well. I like the system.

• Like Like x 1
  3. testdriver69

testdriver69 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    well this is normals like in boxing, better to be top in cruiserweight then eating at burger king and sliding into heavy weight and get scrumpled up badly

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Yes if you're not very fast like me, it's better to have a time attack strategy. :) Don't try the Div1 if it seems too hard, try to manage a time that matches another Div, even if it's not your best one. ^^

5. jacall11

jacall11 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    if the top drivers wait to set there time to much later in the competition, you strategy would be much more challenging:wink:

6. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    That's exactly, what I was thinking about, when I asked for sandbagging.

7. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Like I said in my post before, it is a risk to implement this system, but I will watch the leaderboards and the posts closely to see how it plays out. And we won't be afraid of making changes if it doesn't work out.

8. Pursang

Pursang Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I have a little experience with Chevy Cruze 2015 in Nordschleife (7:09). In competition wtcc esports in Monza , cars 2016 seems that are much more dificult to control, especially in hard brake. Is it for you?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. red_leader83

red_leader83 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok so i just joined today for this competition and I obviously don't know how anything works but when i try to select Get Real as the difficulty level, it won't let me. I literally have zero hrs in game. Is this why? Novice and Amateur have a green bar so i assume they would be selectable but i don't want those. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Sorted it. Was trying to launch it through the website. Up and running now.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    maybe WTCC should broadcast a random division for every race. So the players don't know until the very end and it's not always the same guys (and I think it will always be the same when only broadcasting Div 1). And maybe taking it further to take a cohesive group of 24 drivers in a division :-D so for example 330th to 354th in division 2 (that would be me :D )

Edit: Well, maybe for future events. It could attract more people if they would know that even if they're 3 seconds off the pace, they can race in a broadcasted race. Of course you should make sure to not have wreckers or total dumbfucks in the broadcast. Maybe set up a specific lap-time range that you have to hit to be count as "generally competetive".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  11. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Question for the organisers: yesterday I could see the points, now it's gone. Did it happen accidentally that you removed them?

12. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I guess they have been removed on purpose since there is no leaderboard for the hotlap competitions anyway.

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Yes, points have been removed on purpose. The championship standings of the multiplayer races will be displayed on the competitions page instead.

14. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    I like this idea. We will definately think it through, in case of future competitions or if we are forced to make changes.

15. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    An idea for the future, instead of taking the 24 first players in divisions 2-4, you can take one every X rank.
    First it will create a larger gap between the P1 and P24 (they won't be close as 0.050 s).
    Second it will avoid behaviors like the one I use: I'm waiting to fall outside Div2 to improve my time. :)

16. Aelcio Junior

Aelcio Junior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, has the rules about grid formation changed, o keep the same?
    I see that there are some fast guys trainning strongly but not to make the fastest possible lap, but to make a lap that allows them to stay in a division.
    This will not balance the competition, because many fast guys are administrating their speed.

17. davidantx

davidantx Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    How are ties of identical times handled in the hot lap portion of the contest? For example in Division 3 we have several ties of identical times through position 26 ... so who's in who's out -- how do ties work?

18. Herman He

Herman He Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Well that's a shame.

As 90% of the drivers will not be participating in the multiplayer races, I think you run the risc of losing much of the drivers very quickly. Keeping the hotlap pointsystem up parallel to the multiplayer races (even without any competition prize) might keep the intrest alive for the drivers that are not competing in the multiplayer races (like myself).

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    AFAIK the driver who set that time first is on top, and so on...

20. davidantx

davidantx Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Ok so just bettered my time, and it was clean, took within the game and gave me an instant new standing position, and when I return to the track that new time I just set is referenced in game as the time to beat. But leaderboard not updated. Wtf?