eSports WTCC - Questions

Discussion in 'Esports WTCC' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Apr 5, 2017.

1. davidantx

davidantx Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Ok something definitely broken with leaderboard as it hasn't updated in over an hour. I have bested my posted time several times now and it won't update. Also in the game my ghost car is the fastest of those new times I have set but leaderboard not updating. So it's as if the service knows the newer (faster) times are mine as they are represented in the actual game and ghost car, but not reflected on the portal.

and yes, I am launching it all correctly from the competition page blah blah.

2. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Oh god I think I made it into division two. This is so huge.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. davidantx

davidantx Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    looks like leaderboard finally updated. Must be on some sort of delayed queueing system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mohamed Raafat

Mohamed Raafat New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i have a few questions,
    first, i assume that only times set with the "get real" difficulty counts am i correct? meaning if i am 25th but a few guys above me are driving with aids they get bumped off and i get bumped up?
    second: i don't exactly understand what the prizes are

5. Yuri Bascope

Yuri Bascope Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
  6. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
  7. Mohamed Raafat

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @Robert Wiesenmüller you mixed up the pics for div 3 and div 4 :D also do times done under "amateur" settings count? because i am 25th but i did the get real settings like the rule book said

8. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Pictures are fixed.
    What happens with the drivers on Amateur mode will be confirmed tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    In division 2 are two guys that don't use real names. So the rest will move up two places?

10. Philippe Leaune

Philippe Leaune New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, last night you wrote that the times on monza for the championship esports wtcc end at 12 o'clock, and now at 10 o'clock does not work any more, I did how,

thank you.

Philippe

11. Philippe Leaune

Philippe Leaune New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Last night on your games it was written that the chrono was open until 12 o'clock this morning, and the most nothing, it is not normal,

Merci beaucoup

12. Mohamed Raafat

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    same thing with division 4 actually, what's the verdict on those guys?

13. Giannis Christod

Giannis Christod Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Lost the Division 3 entry by 0.001 of a second, so that's a bummer.... In all seriousness now, this system makes the entry completely random (well, apart from div 1) so I hope the organizers will rethink the system.

P.S. I was one thousand of a second faster than the top div 3 time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    No use in complaining.
    Rules were set and known, when you entered the competition.
    It would be unfair for winners of timelap competition, to change the rules now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Giannis Christod

Giannis Christod Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I am not complaining, and of course I am not asking for the format to change for this round. Robert said that they will re-evaluate the format in due course. I am just stating my opinion that using this way of qualifying makes the entries completely random appart from div 1. You were extremely fast to jump into conclusions that i didn't imply in any way.

Edit: I cant quote because I am on my mobile phone, but see post #9 in this thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Missed out on Div 2 by being 0.002 to fast, bummer but the old fart at least managed to hold on to a Div 1 position, whole point of the rules is to maintain an even spread of abilities without the capability to manufacture one's own placing, fairest way to do it, admittedly faster drivers could hold back but I'd like to think the competitiveness of the sport would make this a very rare occurrence.
    Seems to have done the job though, as in promoting the Sim, noticed a lot of new names at the top of the leaderboards (some well known one's as well), bloody depressing seeing someone with 4 hours in the Sim a second plus quicker and there's me with a paltry 122 days floundering at the bottom of a Division I have little chance of being remotely competitive in! :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I also think leaderboard part is too much about luck, for Div 2 to 4. I had only 90 min to train this week and it was the last 90 min of competition ^^ so I did nothing, but to be in Div 2 I had to do a time comprised in a 55ms gap. It's only luck. :)
    Even if I'm not fast, I would find better to remove the luck part and let the 24x4 fastest drivers be in Div1 to 4. At least you can improve yourself trying to be in the best drivers, instead of using an average time strategy to stay in Div 2 to 4 like I did (it was easier for me to stay with my average driving and aiming Div2 than to improve my driving and try Div1).

In one sentence, make people trying to be faster instead of trying to be lucky.

Like Giannis, it's just my opinion, I know the actual leaderboard give a chance to every skill level, but it also promote laziness for Div 2-4. :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
  19. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    The problem is if you only award places to the first 100 drivers then about 2000 other drivers will completely lose their morivation because they know that they will never make it up there. The current system is not perfect but for a competition like this, there is not a better system.

20. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    I just wanna say about this discussion too, that certainly I have been thinking about other systems. The regular top 96 or random-based systems. But everything has advantages and disadvantages. Keep all the feedback coming, I read it all and think about it, but remember that in the beginning, we will also give the system a chance to truly evaluate what is happening. So for first 3 rounds, it will not be changed.

• Like Like x 1