eSports WTCC - Round 2: Hungaroring

Discussion in 'Esports WTCC' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, May 2, 2017.

1. Traction

Traction New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Igor Example of "respect" for the pilots and the limits of the route
    This is for the admin....not here.

2. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    The rules are, as stated in the rulebook, that everything that is legal on the leaderboard is legal in the race, unless you skip entire corners.

3. Traction

Traction New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    **The rules are, as stated in the rulebook, that everything that is legal on the leaderboard is legal in the race, unless you skip entire corners.**
    Robert. ,Not exactly, in race the auto cut detection is turned off so it is 'open to scrutiny' by the Stewards.
    I understand the rules but I asked what are the track boundaries. It's a simple question. If you cant answer the question just say so, np.
    I would like to know instead of guessing how much can I cut if any at every turn-in point. The stewards must have a baseline to judge from.
    Knowing this, will benefit ALL racers and R3E.
    I'm not here to give you any problems I just have a question that needs answering.
    Thx Mal

4. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Well, drive on the leaderboard to figure it out. The cutrules on Hungaroring are designed that it is always legal when you have 2 wheels on the kerb, so this is a legal move. But they differ from track to track at this stage, and that is why I decided to use the leaderboard rules in the races too.

I also wanted to point out that there has not been a single report about tracklimits yet apart from this one, so it doesn't seem to be such a huge issue

5. Traction

Traction New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Now we are getting somewhere thx. Just to clarify, any 2 wheels on the kerb, so therefore 2 on the kerb and 2 on the grass is OK.
    btw I'm not concerned with any reports as long as the stewards scrutinise the races. I have seen some drivers cut the track several times, but if nobody reports them, they get away with it. I am surprised Igors move is legal.. wow..
    I am concerned about interpreting the rules correctly and driving accordingly.
    thx Mal
    Happy you will use the auto sys in race as well. Same rules for all. :)

6. Gerald Whyley

Gerald Whyley Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i may be on my own here, but for everyones sake of cutting the tack, maybe the slow down penalty should be implimented for the next race, it would stop everyone from cutting the tack..
    I know it does not look good for the online stream, but at the end of the day track limits should be kept too.
    The thing is that, if you get punted off by another player who brakes late, tries to stick one down the inside, this may lead to more reports for Robert to have a look at.. etc etc

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    The problem with slowdown penalties is that they sometimes instantly slow down your car, so in a fast corner, you will not be able to apply throttle to stabilize the car. It led to many interesting accidents when I tested it in Monza. Therefore, slowdown penalties will not be used.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Gerald Whyley

Gerald Whyley Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
  9. Roman TRT

Roman TRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0

eSports WTCC | Division-3 / Round 2: Hungaroring (7.05.2017)

• Like Like x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  10. Faith

Faith New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I dont have a lot of racing experience so far, but i hate this slow down penalty. I was driving a while in the ESL and for example one incidence happened:
    Before a s-curve I got pushed out of the track from the driver behind me (he didnt got any dmg thanks to no dmg option) but i got an instant time penalty for "cutting off the track" and the race was over for me. I got fined for a mistake which i didnt caused, when the automatic penalty is off, i would have just cut the track by force but I still got my position.
    If there are active admins, they can still fine the drivers after the race, but you cant take back an ingame race penalty.