eSports WTCC - Round 3: Nordschleife

Discussion in 'Esports WTCC' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, May 15, 2017.

?

Who will win the first race at the Nordschleife?

1. Julian Kunze

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Nikodem Wisniewski

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Alexander Dornieden

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  4. Norbert Leitner

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Jan Stange

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. another driver (post below)

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

The eSports WTCC season is already two rounds old, but the biggest challenge lies directly ahead: The Nürburgring-Nordschleife hosts the third race, the event of Germany. The Green Hell will push all drivers to the limit and test their skills like no other circuit in the world. In the real WTCC, BMW and Andy Priaulx have been the most successful duo in Germany, but that was all back in the day in Oschersleben. On the Nordschleife, Citroen has a flawless record, with four victories, three of them for José Maria Lopez.

[​IMG]

With the extreme nature of the track, the pre-qualifying results were much wider spread then in previous rounds. Remember the one thousand that separated Pedrazzoli and Gomez last time for first place? Forget about it. Julian Kunze stomped the whole field this time around in his Chevrolet RML Cruze TC1. The EURONICS Gaming driver was 1.4 seconds clear of his closest competitior, Polish driver Nikodem Wisniewski. Championship leader Alexander Dornieden rounded out the top 3, ahead of Leitner, Stange, Pinczes and returnee Tim Heinemann, who already won a race in Monza this season. The fastest newcomer was Levente Toth from Hungary, scoring 8th position and being the only LADA driver to qualify.

[​IMG]

Once again, James Kirk and Robert Wiesenmüller will bring you the action live on the WTCC YouTube channel, on Sunday, May 21st. At 17:00 GMT (14:00 Sao Paulo, 18:00 London, 19:00 Berlin), you can watch it live by clicking here.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Tanguy Pedrazzoli

Tanguy Pedrazzoli Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    That lap by Kunze is insane.

The nurb will be an occasion to get experience with the car, and then being stronger for Portimao.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Matteo Caruso

Matteo Caruso New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It will definitely be interesting. Tbh i'm a bit worried. I saw many contacts in the previous races and here that might make things a bit scary. For me it will be even worse since i'm in division 2 (i was in div 1 until the weekend, then i hadn't got the time to improve so...).

4. DarylBradyGP

DarylBradyGP New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    division 2 driver list?

5. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I'm also worried. :) And again more cause this is my first (and maybe last) D1 race and this is the perfect car/track combo to do unforgivable mistakes! ^^ But actually I'm more worried about myself than others... :D
    I need to freeze my setup and work on consistency. ^^

• Like Like x 1
  6. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    First round of invitations was sent out on Monday, second round will be sent out tomorrow. I cannot promise you anything yet, it depends on how many e-mails I get today, but maybe you are lucky and get in on the second round

7. Gerald Whyley

Gerald Whyley Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    LOL we cant be that bad in DIv 2 surely...

8. Matteo Caruso

Matteo Caruso New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I only saw the streams, this will be my first race. The impression was that especially behind the first 5 places, there were many contacts easily avoidable. I even saw contacts on the straight, which is definitely concerning.

9. Gerald Whyley

Gerald Whyley Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I see your point Matteo, but i can only comment on the one race i was in, and i think that was due to lack of judgement of peoples braking, i did see div 2 race on stream, and alot of instances where contact was made was going off track and rejoining , poss again lack of judgement, might just have to see how it goes bud..

but looking at some of it , they think the race is won at the first corner

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dariusz Wielgosz

Dariusz Wielgosz New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Good race in Div2 guys. Finish P10 but had better pace than everyone up to P5 so a bit of a bummer there. Entertaining

I disagree with the commentary team that it was my mistake with Lima though :). The road goes left all the time up to the hairpin so its not a full straight. I was aware where Lima was and left him just enough space on the outside but then he clips my rear and keeps pushing which eventually fired me off the track. I don't understand why he kept pushing. He clipped me rear thats why it looked like I was turning on him but I wasnt. I was just a passenger at that point. Great job though guys. Really nice streams

Sorry to Tommy Razeyre for a bit of contact though just before that incident with Lima. Nice race with Alexandre Rufino

• Like Like x 2
  12. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Big disaster for me... Crash in quali, several crashes in race 1, crash in race 2/lap 1, engine broke...
    I knew I was bad in races, that was the demonstration... :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Gerald Whyley

Gerald Whyley Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    same for me chat ... crash on lap 2 took out my engine.. oh well bring on portimo

14. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    Really bad evening for me: Laggy as hell and I lost 1sec in Qualy because of that minilags. It felt like the game ran at 20FPS, which leads to the big mistake when I clipped the curb, lost control in the first lap and totaled the car.
    Second race I had to start from the back and was 15th after a few corners. Interesting thing was, that I had no lags and spikes in the 2nd race. So my hunt continued and ended at Mr. Rebernak. I attacked him down to the Dunlop corner, but he changed lines under braking so we made contact. I really dont understand, why you gave me lots of flashing lights because the reason why we made contact was your move to the inside, but I already had an overlap.
    Best thing was that the finish flag came 2,5min too early and this leads to another mistake because I clipped a curb again and lost a position.
    I think, the racing comission really needs to think about this race (to cancel it or to give people a 2nd dropscore) because 3 people were unable to join, horrific lags in qualy and 1st race and the 2,5min too early finish flag in 2nd race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    In quali, connection/disconnection messages was disturbing, people shouldn't be able to join in quali.

In races I also had low FPS when lot of cars was on screen. I felt wrong with my driving except when I was alone in race 1, with good FPS. I lowered my graphical settings, it was OK against 29 AI 117%, but not there. Maybe I was just too much stressed and lacking a lot of concentration.

Also I was unable to remove players names in this race, is it normal? Usually works.

Not sure I'll enter a race again, at this instant I'm too disgusted, but at least I can do an humorous movie of my unique performance, let's enjoy a preview!

I never failed like this in training... :( I'm not even sure to understand what happened, and if low FPS can be related with this. There's a tiny left steering caused by FFB, with default steering sensitivity (720/20=540/15), and boom.
    At least it's funny to watch, parked like a pro! ^^

I'm a poor lonesome leaderboard driver...

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  16. Bergaufbremser

Bergaufbremser Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    The race in Division 4 was very laggy, too.

17. Matteo Caruso

Matteo Caruso New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Looks like the car jumped a little while you touched the brakes. The front tires landed first and the can spun.

18. Tanguy Pedrazzoli

Tanguy Pedrazzoli Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    More interesting, you dont brake here usually

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Tanguy Pedrazzoli

Tanguy Pedrazzoli Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Not very lucky here, I had a poor qualifying (I hit the wall) but after a lap and a half I was P5. I decided to be safe in the last few corners, and I lost the rear. Rip dreams.
    Second race, poor start, got pushed off wide, rip.

Putting pressure :D

And a nice fight !

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gerald Whyley

Gerald Whyley Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    nope i dont brake there either, could be the draft from the car infront unsettled the front