News eSports WTCC

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Apr 7, 2017.

1. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I bet on better pilots to push me into Division 2, so I'll have a chance to do a race... lol

2. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    Mercedes-AMG GT3 release → 800over;)
    McLaren 650S GT3 release → 900over;)
    Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R release → 1000over;)
    Audi R8 LMS (2016) release → 1100over;)
    BMW M235i Racing release → 1200over;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    This looks great.
    But one week to set a nice time is to short for me. (it's personal i know :confused:)
    Ofcourse i wil give it a try an hope to join some races with people who are even slow as me but drive fair.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    @SVG BIOSPORT not really the good thread to post pic like that ...

5. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    For the non russian speaker (me) Translation from google : America will drown in its shit
    And we will find ourselves in this smell

@SVG BIOSPORT can you stop post things who are not related with the e-sport WTCC thread please ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Nate, J-F and me ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. davidantx

davidantx Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    How are ties of identical times handled in the time trial, hotlap portion of the contest?

8. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    We had a small problem about the leaderboard closing time. Leaderboard is open until 00:00 GMT, then I will take screenshots that determine the qualifying order. If you are from the Americas, you can drive now again. Read more here: https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...-important-news-and-updates.7648/#post-113183

About your question David, the order of the times on the leaderboard (or in this case, on my screenshot) is the determinating factor.

9. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
  10. Kostadin Kostadinov

Kostadin Kostadinov Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Looking at how the leaderboards are determined am I the only one who thinks this is strange ?
    So everything slower than 1:51.840 is Div 2, and if someone makes 1:51.5 for example he's in no man's land. Should you then be deliberately slower just to be top 40 in a lower division ? The matter isn't helped by the fact the cut-off time is dynamic according to the overall leader. That means that except the top 40 in Div 1, all the rest are determined mostly by pure luck.

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    One could make a very strong argument that specifically because the cut off time is dynamic, the chances for sandbagging and easing up are minimized.

If the target for div 2 or div 3 was constant... someone who knows they cant make the division ahead could go "just" fast enough to reach the stationary target time for the next division.

Since it is dynamic, you cant just aim at the target and be accepted as 1 of the top 24. You constantly have to be working to keep yourself in that group.

Frankly, there are always going to be complaints no matter how the competition is run because there will always be someone out there that wants the rules made to be in their favor.

The way this contest is designed is to give people who dont usually have a shot at the absolute top times of the leaderboard to compete. Why is this premise being frowned upon? Shouldnt we be looking to include more people and expand the competitiveness down the ranks... and below just the very top skill level?

And beyond that point, the 1st MP race hasnt even happened yet, so it cant be definitively known whether this format works as it is intended. It will likely take multiple MP races to know that. Just my opinion there though.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Kostadin Kostadinov

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the answer, I'm not judging the rules in any way, just asking for clarification. Generally rules are fair if they are the same for everybody. So once they are established, then all is fair game - even sandbagging.

I'm not looking for to have them in my favor. If for example they were made according to my definition of "fair" meaning Tier 1 is Div 1: 1-40, then Tier 2 is Div 1: 41-81 etc. (placing skill above chance) I would have no chance to compete since I can only make a lap at low 1:52s. And I do appreciate trying to make the competition accessible for drivers of all skill levels. Still it's in a way punishing people that are even 0.001 faster than they should be, which is messing with my head :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I was intending to speak more generally there, and not aim that portion of the comment at you.

These are fair points too that you mention. However, I like the overall premise of having different division splits based on time behind the overall leader. I think it gives a bit more incentive to continually try to improve your times for an ever changing target. Just my own opinion here of course :)

14. Kostadin Kostadinov

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, not looking to start an argument, I already got my answer and rules are rules. (last post on the subject and let's leave it as it is) But allow me to strongly disagree with the above sentence. Just for the record :)

15. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    For a while, I was in Div. 4, got a better time and moved "up" to the cellar of Div 3, then was pushed down to 3rd in Div 4 ( yay!), but ended up back in Div 3 cellar at the end. I'll just be trying to get my best time, or close to it. Just luck where you end up, but happy with Div. 3 this time.Trying to guess what time you need, unless you are in the top 20, is pointless. Just have a go and see what happens. The races run at 3am here, so best if I don't get in!

16. 33dren

33dren Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you can hide the leaderboard from view until the event closes?

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Bartosz Janus

Bartosz Janus Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

Go on gentlemen :D Wanna see you all there I am so proud to see a massive amount of true racers...have some fan and enjoy it :D

Everyone of you is welcome here :)

Greetings to ya all :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  18. dctoe

dctoe New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    That's what I found that happened to me and I think it was good because I was not good enough to be in that division. So the flurry of people that came in at the last day pushing me back down put me in the Division I thought I should be in. Division 7 by the way, which is where I think my current talent (based on practice time and track familiarity) is correct. So I take it as one of those "the Universe will straighten itself out kind of things."

And IMO, I think everyone having to race on "Get Real" is extremely fair and will be the great equalizer. Thanks for that Sector 3!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Eugen Sechel

Eugen Sechel Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Guys, this was awesome! I was expecting the race to be a crashfest but it wasn't. Just really good driving. I finished 9th but at the end of the race the table was showing 0 points (WTCC should be 2). I know they don't matter in this case, but did I mess up anything? Will there be any "official" results posted?

Thanks and a great evening to all involved!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Bartosz Janus

Bartosz Janus Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Wanna see you all here :)

WTCC and eSPORT simracing is awesome :D

Go go go ! :D

What a great fun :D

• Agree Agree x 1