Esports WTCR OSCARO 2019 - R4 Nordschleife

Discussion in 'Esports WTCR' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Sep 20, 2019.

?

How many cars will finish the first race on the Nordschleife?

1. All of them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 26-29

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 21-25

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. 16-20

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 15 or less

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events Beta tester

Ratings:
    +993 / 0
    The Nürburgring Nordschleife marks the halfway point in the Esports WTCR OSCARO 2019, the virtual racing championship on RaceRoom, which is still wide open with six winners from six different races.

Reigning champion Bence Bánki still heads the championship table ahead of the 3 CUPRAS of Florian Hasse, Kuba Brzezinski and Nikodem Wisniewski, but the „Green Hell“, the most challenging and spectacular circuit on the calendar, has turned championships onto its head before. 25,378 km of high-speed straights and fast and flowing corners through the virtual German forests await the simracers.

[​IMG]

Once again, Gergo Baldi topped the time sheets in pre-qualifying in his M1RA Esports Hyundai. The experienced Hungarian had his breakthrough podium last time in Zandvoort, but still sits only in 9th in the standings, which would not be enough to qualify for the LAN final in Malaysia at the end of the year, where the top 8 drivers get invited. Behind him, Jack Keithley was 2nd in his Williams Esports Audi, who won the opening race at the Hungaroring, has been a little bit behind his own expectations ever since, but is regarded as one of the fastest simracers overall on the Nordschleife. Wisniewski, Löhner and Brzezinski rounded out the top 5 for Williams Esports, while Bánki was 7th and Hasse 10th.

[​IMG]

Niels Langeveld scored his best pre-qualifying result to date with P38 and will compete in the 2nd server, trying to clinch his first victory of the season. Yann Ehrlacher also received an invite for server 4. Though he cannot attend this round, he still showed his potential, especially for the upcoming Asian rounds, where he was successful in real cars in the past.

Once again, the races will be streamed live this Sunday, with Niels Langeveld’s race starting at 15:45 GMT / 17:45 CEST and the top server at 17:30 GMT / 19:30 CEST:

https://www.facebook.com/WorldTouringCarCup/

https://www.twitch.tv/raceroomracingexperience/

2. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +993 / 0
  3. easy_kill_72

easy_kill_72 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    @Michael Rächl I'm verry sorry vor the punt on lap 1 race 2, I was out of control already and I hit you.
    Otherwise, both of my races were ok, but both races could've been much better without small mistakes from my part. And without a big top speed deficit :D
    But I'm still happy, I did twice P17 for my first time in server 1

4. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +993 / 0
  5. towelie_86

towelie_86 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    So, after almost no preparation I went into my first Server 1 event and it became the desaster it was also going to be against these aliens :sweatsmile: 3.6 seconds off pole means only P17 even on a 9 minutes lap, crazy competition here!

Race 1 was good until the NGK chicane, when a Cupra spun in front of me and I couldn't avoid him. Back to P27 I gained back some positions, but had a disconnect after lap 2, so also out for race 2. So not the results that could have been, but still happy to have been on server 1 at least for once now :blush: Nordschleife is my absolute favourite track, but as mentioned, I just couldn't find the time to really prepare for this race. No setup (just a normal setup with higher rear wing), maybe 10 laps on the leaderboard and another 10 on the practice server means you are going nowhere here.

Congratulations to the winners! Hope to join eSports WTCR again at some point :grinning: