Esports WTCR OSCARO 2019 - Round 3 Zandvoort

Discussion in 'Esports WTCR' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Sep 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the first race at Zandvoort?

1. Gergo Baldi

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Bence Bánki

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Alexander Dornieden

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Emre Cihan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Nikodem Wisniewski

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events Beta tester

Ratings:
    +987 / 0
    Zandvoort hosts the third round of the Esports WTCR OSCARO 2019, and slowly but surely, the championship gets into a more serious phase. This was already evident in the last race at Slovakia Ring, where several incidents occured throughout the field.

The race direction spent a long time reviewing the incidents, and most notably, Jack Keithley, Nestor Garcia, Tim Jarschel and Alexander Dornieden have received penalties. As a result, Bence Bánki (SDL eSports by Logitech G / Honda) now has a 14 point lead over EURONICS Gaming CUPRA driver Florian Hasse, with his teammate Julian Kunze moving up to third.

[​IMG]

In the Dutch dunes at Zandvoort, we might see another driver at the front though: Gergo Baldi. The Hungarian routineer, runner-up in the 2017 Esports WTCC, has struggled with the TCR cars ever since their release, but he managed to top the pre-qualifying session in his M1RA Esports Hyundai, ahead of Bence Bánki and Alexander Dornieden (FA Racing Esports / Lynk & Co), with Emre Cihan (Honda) and Nikodem Wisniewski (Williams Esports / CUPRA) rounding out the top 5.

Niels Langeveld had a tough pre-qualifying on his home track, but will once again be on the grid – this time in the third server. Judging by his past race performances, a race win could be on the cards for the real racing driver.

Once again, the races will be streamed live this Sunday, with Niels Langeveld’s race starting at 15:45 GMT / 17:45 CEST and the top server at 17:30 GMT / 19:30 CEST:

2. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +987 / 0
    Need some tips and tricks where to pass tomorrow in the Esports WTCR race? Niels Langeveld and Nicky Catsburg have some suggestions:

3. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +987 / 0
  4. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +987 / 0
    Esports WTCR OSCARO is live at Zandvoort!

5. towelie_86

towelie_86 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Server 2:

So, that was my very first eSports WTCR race and quite honestly, I am a bit disappointed. Not only by my speed (hats off to the Server 1 aliens), but also because of the behaviour of some drivers. Being on Server 2 (aka top 60 worldwide) I expected more respectful driving, but people tend to divebomb or use you as their brakes. In race 1 everything was okay (P3), in race 2 I was blocked by an Audi driver whom I got past eventually, just to be torpedoed into T1 because I guess he didn't even bother to try and hit his braking point. Lost "only" 4 positions but still very unneccessary. I think P11 in the end. Congrats to Alex and Klaus for the wins!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  6. Dirk Knatz

Dirk Knatz Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    The Esports Wtcr oscaro has reached a very high Level this year. Thers are many profesional E Sports Teams on the grid.
    I think maybe 20 Drivers allways have the pace to get in Server 1, and then maybe 25 Drivers are in a leaderboard battle
    to get the last spots. Thats is amazing ... and for a "Privatier" frustrating, but thats the challenge of esports.

Server 2
    The Quality of Server 2 has become a new Level, many Drivers were last year in Server 1, so the pace is high and
    many Drivers are on same racepace. Overtaking is difficult, specialy whithout contact.
    After a bad qualify P17 and a Crash in front of me i went into the gravel ...last.

Around my positions in both races the fights were hard an clean, thanks to the Drivers.
    But in the field are some guys looking for a gap that no one sees.
    I am shure that is getttin better and better in upcoming races, cause any fight over the Limit costs both Drivers good lap times.

Grats to the Podium finishers.

KEEP RACIN

7. Richard Dobsa

Richard Dobsa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi!
    I think you are referring to me with that R2 T1 crash. I am terribly ashamed about it, I misjudged my braking point by a few meters. I am open to admit it to you and everyone, I made a mistake and I'm very sorry. In fact I made a report to the R3E staff regarding the crash, owning full responsibility, even before I read your post.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  8. towelie_86

towelie_86 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    @ Richard: I think you were in that area and might have been the "torpedo", so thank you for the open words and the excuse. Never mind my post now that I know it was a mistake and not rude driving :innocent: In fact, I also saw the live stream now and I stand corrected re what I said about the behaviour. In general, it looks really fine and racing is hard, but good like it should be in touring cars :relaxed:

9. (ACR) Mr. Van Ommen

(ACR) Mr. Van Ommen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wait, was there a stream of server 2?

10. towelie_86

towelie_86 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Indeed, with German commentary. See "Esports WTCR OSCARO 2019 | R3 Zandvoort GP | Server 2" on YouTube (I can't post links bc I don't have enough posts)