English ESR

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by ::SKRO::, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Nice stats....TC cars taking home the bacon.

2. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    My F-jnr setup improves stability and has produced top results at Norisring, Brands and others. I'll share it. I figured if we were to create a write-up then having a setup which includes the ideas would be required.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  3. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    We will be scheduling more session Chris, what time would be convenient mate?

4. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Wonder why.........us slow guys in the DTM's aren't getting the points you TC drivers are reaping, plus there's more of you lot, lol ;)

5. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    He's actually in a DTM... and @Öberg is chewing up his bacon too!

6. TodlichesKraut

TodlichesKraut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Would be much appreciated!

7. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    And here I was thinking all the DTM drivers were the slowest, naughty me!!! (smacks wrist!) :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    The next available day I have is tomorrow, but not until 12am my time. I will have most of Saturday and Sunday I am booked all day.

9. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I am slow...when in the DTM :D

Actually now that I have new pedals I am a mess. Thanks @::SKRO::

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Build from the pedals up they said ...

11. John Galus

John Galus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    You guys use pedals? I've been using a guitar hero controller this whole time! :confused:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. chrisnj

chrisnj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Whammy bar E-brake....... You may just be onto something :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    I did that and I'm still 2seconds behind, lol:rolleyes:

14. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    The ESR-DTS server has been launched in it's own thread, found here for all those wishing to get some assistance with their race craft or just learn how to find the best racelines.

If your keen to help with the training please let me or @::SKRO:: @MeMotS know via PM, and we will start a training conversation so we can organise schedules to suit everyone, your help is very much appreciated guys.

If there is anything anyone would like to add, or think needs to change please let me know so I can get onto it asap.

This weeks sessions.
    ----------------------------------------
    Beginner @ Rookie.
    Tuesday April 26th 9.00pm EDT (1.00am GMT->Sat ) on ESR-DTS: Password:dts
    F-Jnr & NSU @ Norisring ( P=Morning )
    Session:120min
    Teamspeak:TBA

Amateur.
    Friday April 29th 8.01pm EDT (0.01am GMT->Sat ) on ESR-DTS: Password:dts
    BMW DTM & TC @ Bathurst ( P=Morning )
    Session:120min
    Teamspeak:TBA

----------------------------------------

I'm thinking of running a separate TS server (unless we use the ESR one), need advice on setting one up if anyone can help, would be much appreciated.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  15. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0

Clapper's R3E Garage Tuning Tips for the Formula RaceRoom Junior (FR-JR)

This is a excerpt from my forthcoming training guide for ESR. I have over 530 hours of R3E driving time and almost 1000 replays saved -- so this just comes from experience. Your mileage may vary.

Oversteer vs Understeer Setups
    My preferences is for a neutral to understeer handling vehicle. I find that it's easier to lift the throttle or tap the brake to correct an understeering car than to counter-steer to correct an oversteering car. If you prefer oversteer, just perform my recommended shock changes and skip the spring/ride-height changes. Many times, I've increased understeer and have produced faster lap times because I can push the car to the limit easier without making mistakes.

How to Drive My Setup

I focus on a setup that allows me to get the throttle on early at the apex and allows me to hold it on without major corrections. I drive using a Logitech Momo with 190deg of rotation and find corrections are easily made. If you have a G27/G29 or a wheel with 270deg of rotation, you might have to increase the shock rebound to help stabilize the car.

How to Test a Setup
    1. Take the Default setup out for 5-10 laps and try to get a few consistent laps in a row so you know what it's capable of.
    2. Make my recommended shock changes and test drive again -- you'll see the car turns very well but is probably oversteering a lot.
    3. Make my recommended spring changes and test drive again -- you'll find there is some throttle-on oversteer.
    4. Make my recommended ride-height change and test drive again -- the car should be fairly compliant to anything you throw at it and is race ready.

Setup Change #1 - Shocks
    No matter what car you're driving, I start by changing the shocks front 2/3, rear 3/4. This makes the car turn into the corners and be compliant over curbing, but it might get a bit twitchy. You can try 2/4, 3/5 to reduce twitchiness.

Front Bump: 2 Rear Bump: 3
    Front Rebound: 3 Rear Rebound: 4

Setup Change #2 - Springs

Some cars don't need an increase in the front springs, but the FR-JR does. Set it to 141 N/mm. If you are setting up a car 30 seconds before a race, just increase the front spring one click.

Front Spring: 141 N/mm Rear Spring: 141 N/mm

Setup Change #3 - Ride Height
    You can tweak the ride height to help correct slight oversteer/understeer issues. For the FR-JR, it needs more weight toward the back to help plant the rears and prevent oversteer. Set the front ride height to 3.8 cm.

Front Ride Height: 3.8 cm Rear Ride Height: 5.0 cm

With these 3 changes, and brake-pressure to 100%, I was able to clock the fastest Leaderboard laps at the following tracks. Challenge my ghost to see my break-points and driving line.

Brands Hatch - Indy: 48.847s
    Norisring: 55.657s

I hope someone finds this useful, I know everyone likes to drive fast. I just ask that you pass me clean.

See ya on the track.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
  16. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Clapper. Will give your suggestions a try.

17. Genghiz Kahn

Genghiz Kahn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    keep this in mind when setting up other cars:

A front-wheel-drive/front-engine will have inherent understeer and the front wheels are taxed with both steering and putting the power down.

A rear-wheel-drive/front-engine will have inherent oversteer, but good traction out of the corners.

A rearwheel-drive/rear-engine will have loads of mechanical grip, because its engine will press the rear wheels into the ground. FR-JR. is here

A rear-wheel-drive/mid-engine will be inherently twitchy, but has more balance than the others.

credit for this info: Race Car Setup By Georg Siebert, found in @Insaneozzy post
    Here

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pastor_Chris

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I had to restore my computer, is there anyway I could get the TS server password?

19. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Guys the race might be in jeopardy tonight. i cannot register the server with raceroom. AGAIN ... @#$%%$@#%^#

This bug has started recently on my main server and now it seems to be impacting Amazon server too.
    I did their fix and still does fuicking wotrk

Edit : i got it ... after 5 try ... ugh

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Pastor_Chris

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Noooooo