Exclusive Fullscreen is not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AlleyViper, Feb 20, 2018.

1. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

On my PC in the options Fullscreen doesn't seem to apply an exclusive fullscreen mode; screen doesn't reinitialize when you select/apply it or alt-tab out from the game, and windows overlay GUI (such as volume controls) is still visible over the game, so it's the same as borderless windowed mode at native resolution.
    This is on a single monitor with HD7870 and latest 18.2.2 drivers, but I seem to recall it happening for some time. Is this expected behavior?

On some slower setups as mine, exclusive fullscreen usually helps with reducing stutters while giving slightly higher fps, as less resources are shared.

Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  2. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Update: Under W10 1803, R3E runs under the new FS hybrid mode. So, it's required to disable Fullscreen Optimizations right in the RRRE64.exe (compatibility tab) to make it revert to true Fulscreen Mode.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  3. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Sorry mods, could you please move this thread to the Community Support forum where it belongs? Thanks!

4. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    If i enable that compatibility option my game wont launch at all

5. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    That's really weird, unless you have some third party overlay messing things up. True FS should be, by far, the more compatible mode.