Bug "Extended" race in ADAC GTM 2014

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Gerbuho, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I was doing the second 30 min. race at Nürburgring in ADAC 2014 championship and something strange happended.

Everything was quite normal till the end: I was third and here comes tha last lap, the timer reaches zero, I got to the finish line and the race doesn't end, it simply goes on. So first I thought I was mistaken, this had to be the "real" last lap, I get to the finish line and nothing, race goes on and I realize the car that was second had pitted, so now I'm second. The race continued till I overtook the first, he pitted and I won.

In the end, there were three or four laps extra after the supposed lasta lap.

2. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hm, that sounds very odd.
    I assume you've never run into anything like this before?

3. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    First time in deed.

The first "last lap" that didn't end I thought maybe you had changed the way races end to make it less abrupt but no, everything went on three more laps untill I was first and the other cars were in pits.

4. merlin59

merlin59 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Ran into this myself not to long ago. I finished the race after the last lap message and figured the computer would take over to bring me into the pits as usual. It didn't. I ran three laps with the message checkered flag at the top. I thought I'd go into the pits to see if that ended it but no go. I got a DNF! Okay I wasn't doing well but I did finish. I went and opened a support ticket on this and another issue. Know it doesn't help but your not alone. Would love to see it fixed. I was in a BMW Z4 at Red Bull Ring.

5. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Have not had time to try and reproduce this yet, but it does sound very interesting. I wonder what keeps it from transitioning from the "Race"-state. So for both of you this didn't end until someone entered the pits?

6. merlin59

merlin59 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Yep, that's right. I entered the pits after maybe three or four extra laps. That's when I got handed the DNF. Up where it normally states Final Lap, it said Checkered Lap for the rest of them. I only pitted because it didn't seem it was going to end. I kept waiting for the computer to take control as usual. I haven't had time to run a race since but when I can I will.

7. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Mine ended when I got to first place, the second entered the pits and then I passed finish line.

8. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to try and replicate this. Can you both make sure I have your settings correct?

Gerbuho, which car were you driving?
    30 minute race
    Nurburgring
    Pitstops on

Merlin
    BMW Z4 at Red Bull Ring
    how long was the race and were pitstops on or off?

9. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    It was the second race at ADAC 2014 championship.
    I had the mercedes.

Actually, to make it worst, I think that champ is set with mandatory pit stop but pit window never opened and the AI didn't pit 'till that strange end.

• Like Like x 1
  10. merlin59

merlin59 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    BMW Z4 and Red Bull Ring. Pitstops were on because that's what I was testing. At Hockenheim the game wouldn't let me pit so I was testing another track. It did let me pit by the way. The race was 1 hour length with 19 cars. I did not run qualifying or practice because I wanted to see if pits worked. I think I started in about 15th or so. Hope that helps! :)

• Like Like x 1