Resolved failed to load effect - game crashes

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by SunnySunday, Jan 4, 2018.

1. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Been playing raceroom heavily for the past month without any issues, starting yesterday the game now crashes every time I try to start a race. I haven't done any changes to my PC nor have I installed any new hardware etc. The only thing I can think of that might be a source of issue is that my SSD only has about 2.5 GB of free space left, can that have an effect? Raceroom isn't installed on this SSD but on a HDD which has much more free space.

So when I first boot the game I get this error message>

raceroomerorr.png

The game then starts but when trying to start a race it crashes. Crash dump file attached.

I've tried validate steam files which let to one file being unable to authenticate and then got downloaded and reinstalled. I then restarted my PC but the error came back. Would be very thankful if someone could think of a solution. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Alex Wurst

Alex Wurst RaceRoom

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    The game crashes because the file in the error is an Animation used on tracks for the models of the people in the audience.
    Could you try disabling your antivirus? it might think its something bad and block or delete it.

3. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your reply, unfortunately disabling firewall and anti-virus has no effect. Re-did a steam validation again and all files are ok.
    Guessing next step will be to reinstall the game. Which is too bad because i'm in the last two races of a pretty long going offline championship, so that would get deleted. Unless you can manually keep the save file somehow?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  4. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Ok reinstalled and now it works. Even my championship was saved

• Like Like x 1
  5. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    please change pre fix to solved thanks