Fake VR for small pockets :)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by n01sname, Nov 17, 2017.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    As I will definetely wait until they throw VR at you for peanuts (which will definitely happen some time & if I consider getting it at all) I found that little juwel . You can order it directly from their UK shop.

http://www.delanengineering.com/shop/

Also a good alternative for those who might get motion sickness from VR....or those who are waiting for look-to-apex in vain (I already smell bad - started to rot in the process :D )

2. Dirk Bachmann

Dirk Bachmann Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Tried something like this (called Track IR) for years ago , doesnt worked for me.
    Not of sickness, cause of the "translation ratio" from your head movement and you still have to look on a Monitor infront of you.
    It simple hasnt fit or feel good for me.
    Think this VR Thing is the upcoming way, would be really interesting for me to try it out in near future.

3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I guess Delan is much more efficient than Track IR from what you can see via some vids about it...

4. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Try ED-Tracker ;)
    much more feisty

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Only for your wallet.

Its not something new its just a head tracker clip with IR leds. Track IR is still king, but pricey compared to Delan + webcam.
    It also no close to VR, its just you head movement translates to camera movement ingame.
    VR is not only headtracking but the whole package.
    Its an upgrade for sure, but not a VR replacement.

Although I have a Track IR I wouldn't buy one now, VR is the future imho.

6. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

7. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    ...or get yourself an ED-Tracker and live happily ever after...
    It's not a substitute for VR, I know, but when it comes to headtracking, there actually is no way around Ed-Tracker.