Fallout 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Insaneozzy, Nov 11, 2015.

?

Will You Purchase Fallout4

1. Yes

26.3%
  2. No

47.4%
  3. Already playing

26.3%
  1. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    With the release of the much anticipated Fallout 4 from Bethesda studios, the idea of a thread to discuss it's Adventures, Pro's & Con's sounded cool, so here we are.

Ive been enjoying this series for years, although I didn't discover the franchise until fallout 3, I have all the fallout releases. I still play FO3 at least once a week as mods are still being produced for it and FO3 New Vegas. The Fallout series much like the GTR series has had a longevity most Dev's can only dream of, lets hope Fallout 4 has the same attraction and longevity as it's predecessor's.

Do you have FO4? if so, discuss your adventures here, but PLEASE no open spoilers some people want to discover the story ending for themselves.

Cheers

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Got it, playing it, gotta go back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Cool :cool:, is it what you expected, how are you finding it so far, I'm still downloading it at this point :(

4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Do to that I have started to study beside work and family life, I don't have much time over to play games for the moment..
    So all time I do get is spent in R3E. :)
    But will pick it up when things cool down in school, a bit hectic now before I get a hang on studying again..

Loved FO3 and New Vegas!!

5. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    This ^
    I've been reading and watching broadcasts a bit and to me it looks, sadly, disappointing. Looks too simplistic (no food and water like in the vanilla version of NV?), without level progression (power armor, minigun and companion at the very beginning?) and they probably tried to rush in the "build your settlement" thing. NPC are as bland as always with no personality. And lip sync? Gosh that's terrible. Landscape are nice but they are undoubtedly crushed by Skyrim's... I don't know... Honestly Bethesda should actually devolve part of their income to the modder community for their HUMONGOUS and superb work. Without them they're game would be probably just "ok games"

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    @heppsan Im a rev head through & through but I get frustrated when I cant seem to make any time gains when practicing and tweaking setups, so I play mindless games like Fallout to chill with :)
    @::SKRO:: I agree mate, from what Ive seen it's lacking compared to FO3 & NV, no survivor mode either I believe o_O

OK, finally got the game downloaded, only took 10hrs.

Bitch #1, why release a game partly on a single dvd disc, then force the buyer to download the remaining 19gb from Steam, Bethesda are getting cheap like EA, cant even produce the full release on disc for retail sale, must of decided it would save them production cost's, cheap Bethesda, very cheap.

Now to see how this edition of Fallout stacks up against it's predecessors, FO3 will be hard to top I think, but only time & game play will tell.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I'm back from my raid in the Wastelands and I'm loving it. Not that I'm anywhere near the end of the story but most parts of the game are amazing, just like previous installments. The building and settlement managing might get a little out of hand if you let it carry you away, but I guess you don't really have to do that if you don't want to.

Best bit about it hands down: Soundtrack. Music blends in so beautifully, creates so much atmosphere.

Aight, back I go.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  8. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    "AWESOME" that's Fallout 4 IMO, Im impressed Bethesda, not only have you finally given this game the stable engine it deserved, you have finally grasped and reproduced a half realistic post nuclear war scenario, love the fact you can finally mod weapons and armor, and all junk is valuable, after all "Necessity is the Mother of Invention" right.

The settlement side of things as @Christian Göpfert said could get very time consuming, then there's the actual running of the town, and to complicate matters, as the towns reputation grows so does it's population. Many hours gameplay just with this aspect of the game.

Im loving it so far and I'm only level 7, the fight with the deathclaw was sick, their actually harder to kill, making them even more dangerous than in FO3 or NV, glad I was in some decent Power Armor with a Minigun for the battle, I'll be avoiding them in future where ever possible. Haven't had the pleasure of a Mutie yet, but Im sure it's not far off.

If you haven't purchased this title yet your missing out on the "Open Map RPG release of the year" IMO.

9. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Great fun, been a fan since 3.
    Already at level 31, some really awesome side quests so far.
    I can't run it on anything other than everything on low but really happy I can run it with my rather old rig.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Just seen a female settler in one of my locations repairing a sofa with a blowtorch.
    Women...
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Playing since two days. Technically and visually it is more impressing than F3, and personally I like the settlement management simulation, although the lining up of wall-elements leaves so wide open gaps that I consider the current system as not fully well-designed. But the game world looks smaller to me, and I think the replay value also will be much smaller than with for example Skyrim. I also do not get hooked up as intensely as it was with F3. And what really struck me: the pre-play game before leaving the vault in F3 was more immersive, and finally leaving it and seeing the sunlight for the first time and the landscape, was a true Wowh!-moment in time. In F4, leaving the vault was more a shoulder shrug: "Hi again, long time no see."

Solid, good, in parts impressive. But not the Über-gaming experience like Skyrim or Fallout 3.

I read over 5 years in development, 12 million copies sold in the first week, 720 million coins sacked. Wowh - that is talking serious business!

The often made criticism of the graphics I cannot share, to me they look quite good. Not absolutely state of the art, which could not be expected with such a long development cycle, but really good.

The new ghuls are much more frightening than the old ones.

12. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Did I say replay value is low?

How wrong I was. LOL I play it excessively since I got it.

My point was that in F3 many places that got "cleaned", remained to stay empty for all rest of game to come, no matter how many days you waited. F4 has that problem not, also offers more details that keep longterm motivation high.

All in all a very good game. I love these Bethesda things, since I found them first with Oblivion, then Fallout 3, then Skyrim.

13. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I don't know about this, personally I'm not a big fan of it. For example, I was sent to the Corvega factory something like 5 times on those misc quests to get 5 different things that were spawned in the same exact chest. All this in a span of maybe 10-12 hours of gameplay.

I haven't played it in about 3-4 weeks now and I imagine I won't be until some additional content, DLC or more complex mods, come around. It's still a very solid game but not 10/10 for sure. It really helps, though, that there are not many other good games coming out, especially from triple A publishers. It just artificially bumps it up to the top tier of video games for 2015.

14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, balancing being the single biggest issue for me. In my endless hubris I started the game on survival difficulty. The problem was/is that I keep running into legendary opponents more often than not and about 30 hrs into the game I already looted an Explosive Combat Shotgun off of one of them. This thing is exactly as overpowered as it sounds because every pellet explodes upon impact, killing supermutants, deathclaws and pretty much everything else with 4 - 10 rounds, maybe 20 for the stronger kinds but hey, it can be upgraded to have a 32 shot mag. ;) Oh and did I mention the silencer you can slap on it? Hilarious.

15. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    240 hours, one level below Survival, but I do not have these issues. Third character I'm playing, bypassing the storyline. Legendary enemies that I stumble over, I am well advised to avoid - my level 25 character is no match for them, for I do not always carry Fatmans and such other heavy weaponry with me, because looting and carrying prey then would become too limited.

I'm not using "tgm". So, certain enemies I walk around, avoid, run away from. Serves my life better. Also certain "nests" and headquarters. Doing more sneaking and hide&seek, no use for power armor.

A wise man picks his fights wisely. Sometimes its better to refuse invitations for dancing, so to live and party on another day.

Random generated missions by colony inhabitants however are repetitive indeed. I tend to ignore them to 50%.

I already played Skyrim and Oblivion excessively, and for years. This one seems to become not different.

16. Spanner_76

Spanner_76 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Always struggled to get into Fallout 3 or even Skyrim as i couldnt get used the open world aspect having been brought up on on-rails shooters. I;m only a couple of hours in but it feels a liitle too structured tbh, tasks are very linear. Picked it up in Steam sale but then spent hours trying to gt it to work on 3 screens! Arrgh! Shame that dispite the improved graphics, its still running the same engine and bizarely seems hard coded for 16:9 monitors so have to run it on single monitor.

17. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Its an open sandbox world. Do what you want, and stay alive. Or start to equip a companion and have him running with you. I just learned that power arnmour given to them will not be invulnerable, they tend to get degraded even if worn by companions and must be repaired and maintained by the player. Note: if you see parts missing, you find them as broken items in the companions inventory.

Also note: companions have unlimited ammo for their default weapon only. If you give them another weapoin and make them equipping it, they will consume ammo you give them. If they run out of it and you do not replenish their ammo sticks, they fall back to their default weapon.

I had some nice huge battles with hordes of Synths in the subway recently, with Piper blasting away with an automatic laser. Felt good! But usually I prefer to roam around alone.

The main storyline as usual with Bethesda games is to be played once, and then never again. The overkill shoot-outs once the institute got infiltrated and attacked (in my case with the Minutemen), are immersion-breakers for me.

I would prefer to have less comic-like over-enemies (supermutants), and more ordinary infantry enemies. The enemy AI is the best i have so far seen in a Bethesda game.

Its like always with Bethesda games: either you get immersed in the game world, then you will invest hundreds of hours, or you get not.