Fanatec brake calibration with v2.5 base

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neil Bateman, Mar 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I have had my v3 pedals a month or so and this week I just got my v2.5 wheel base and connected the pedals to the base instead of direct to pc via USB.
    When I had the pedals connected via USB and used manual calibration I had to push real hard on the pedal to reach maximum during calibration, BTW I use the brake performance kit (13 red and 13 green), now the pedals are connected to the wheel base the brake is totally different, hardly any pressure or travel needed to reach maximum during calibration.
    Still trying to get things set up but the brake as it is at the moment is useless, am I missing something in the wheel settings that has changed the feel of the brake this much.
    Any help appreciated.

2. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Just to be sure, you already tried to tone down the loadcell with the potentiometer at the pedals? I guess the v3 beak pedal has one, as my v2 does have it...

Edit: Another thing hat just came to my mind is, that you could try out Derek Speares calibration tool DIView.

3. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    No what you mean bud, I normally have mine connected via the USB, but until S3 sort this problem out with them I have had to connect through the base as well to stop the disconnects, and yes your correct the brake doesn't work the same this way, you can still adjust the amount of travel through the Fanatec config using manual as before, also because you are connecting through the base you will have another setting on the wheel called BRF,
    Also I've found I have to adjust the brake pressure more in setups.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Neil Bateman

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for reply, I had the pedals set up perfectly for my taste and was really happy with them and just assumed that nothing would change once connected to wheel base.
    The only thing I did do after plugging them into the wheel base was to run the update clubsport base firmware tool.
    I have tried setting the potentiometer at the lowest and highest setting, with the brake performance kit the max is only 2.5 I think as per the instructions that came with the kit.
    @Gopher04 thanks will try the BRF setting and if need be just go back to usb connection.

5. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    @Neil Bateman If you go back to the USB, and you start getting disconnects your have to go back to the base again, it's a bug that seems to exist at the moment, well long moment actually with Raceroom.

6. Neil Bateman

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Had the brake force setting at 100, set it to off and brakes back to normal.

Thanks guys.

• Like Like x 1