Fanatec Community Manager introduction

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DomB, May 22, 2018.

1. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    I suppose I should have added a smiley at the end as it was meant as more of a joke, obviously doesn't take too much to send you off on a rant.

2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +823 / 0
    He would 't have complaint. It's all a matter of excersice or talent.:p

• Like Like x 3
  3. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    It's off topic to this thread, but that video is insane! If one of those drivers goes just slightly to the edge of the track, they are going to hit at least 1/2 dozen people!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0
    I use CSR Elite pedals as my daily pedals (they have a load cell) and work directly in base or straight to the PC just fine !
    CSR not Elite dont have load cell !!

5. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    @DomB Thomas said in the Forum something about an Podium wheel adapter. Can you tell us something about that?
    Is this a new designed Universalhub or just the base of the Porsche Wheel ? And when will this be released? :)
    01.png
    1.jpg

6. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    To answer the question by myself incase anybody wondered as well xD ....

at 02:24 Thomas said everything will be avaiable seperately. So podium adapter is basically the same as the universalhub adapter.
    The buttonplate is not fixed to that.... would be nice if this buttonplate will be produced in different sizes :)

7. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    Yes the Podium Wheel Adapter is this part:
    PWA.jpg

It's not exactly a direct equivalent of the ClubSport UHX. It's not Xbox One licensed, and the quick release section is also a separate component. So you need a minimum of the Podium Wheel Adapter and ClubSport Quick Release Adapter in order to attach a random wheel rim to one of our wheel bases. Unfortunately I can't give you an ETA on this product.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    @DomB Just a quick question, is it normal for a service center to receive a set of pedals for repair and not communicate anything at all to the customer 11 days after them arriving. Apparently I am waiting for a e mail to inform me about any payments that may be needed before any work can even begin on the repair, which I assume means nothing has been done so far after 11 days. First time dealing with a Fanatec service center so no idea what sort of time scale for repairs is normal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    Hi Neil, I've sent you a PM.

10. Jonathan Young

Jonathan Young New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I updated my Fanatec rig to the latest drivers and firmware for my CSL elite base and Mclaren wheel, in order to get it working correctly with the latest build of ACC. That worked, eventually, but when I went back to Raceroom for the first time in a while, the FFB was all over the place. Does anyone know if either Raceroom has changed something recently or if there’s any sort of issue with the latest Fanatec drivers and R3E?

11. Alwin Reid

Alwin Reid New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @DomB Hi! I have reinstalled R3E in anticipation for Group C, however my csl elite pedals will not be recognized. I am using a v2.5 base with formula black rim, the pedals are plugged directly into the wheel. In the past this wasnt an issue but I cannot seem to solve it this time around. The current solution I am using is the pedals are mapped to throttle/brake when I go to race I get the warning that no pedals are connected if I click continue they work in the car. Any ideas?

12. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    I've just tested RaceRoom on the latest drivers and I didn't run in to any issues. It's possible that you were using different Tuning Menu settings before you updated the firmware, and the firmware update will have reset the values back to defaults, which may have affected the way RaceRoom behaves.

Hi Alwin, if you're seeing the pedal inputs correctly in the Fanatec driver, this might be related to a RaceRoom setting rather than being a hardware issue. In any case, it might be one to discuss with our support team.