Fanatec CS shifter stick has popped off

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RJ_94, Apr 24, 2018.

1. RJ_94

RJ_94 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone!
    As the title suggests, the stick on our shifter just sort of popped off, and now we're unable to get it back on again. We're still not 100% sure what the actual damage is, or what we can do to fix it, which is why I'm making this thread.

I took a look at it this afternoon, and I noticed you know, threadings in the stick, threadings on the bolt, boom, easy peasy, just screw it back on. Not quite, absolutely nothing happened as I tried to screw it back in, no resistance (apart from the spring), no nothing, which is when I noticed that the bolt in the base just sort of slides in and out of the stick. I've investigated the threading on the bolt, and it seems intact, so my conclusion is that the stick's threading has been damaged. Then again I've got my thumb somewhere in the middle of my forehead so I may just be retarded trying to put it back on incorrectly.
    Yet again; why I'm making this thread ;)

Here's a video which hopefully makes the problem a bit more clear:

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Iggy_82

Iggy_82 Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    It looks like the threads inside the shaft has been stripped out. The bolt in the base seems to be ok.
    A new shaft and some threadlock should do the trick. I'm a bit surprised to see a threaded joint at that position, it's like begging for it to happen. Did you feel any play in the stick before it came off?

3. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    If it' the threads inside the shaft it's an easy fix... you can order the shafts off eBay and there real cheap.. just make sure you have the right thread (metric)