Bug Fanatec CSL Elite and Fanatec Mclaren GT3 v2 does not work

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Z3R040, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Z3R040

Z3R040 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi! I have a Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 wheelbase + F1 Esport steering wheel and CSL Elite pedals + LC...all good so far. Works fine even if Raceroom reports that the LC is missing even if it is not.

Now I got the Fanatec CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2, but then nothing works in Raceroom! Works just fine in Rfactor2, AC, ACC and AMS2, so it's not the steering wheel or the wheelbase that is broken.

One more thing, if I connect the F1 Esport steering wheel and start a race in Raceroom and then stops the car and change the steering wheel everything works like it should =D But if i quit the race and goes into a new one its back to showing all connected Fanatec stuff as missing =(

Any ideas or any staff here that can file a bugreport?

2. Art Takemiya

Art Takemiya New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem. Reinstalled Raceroom and installed all latest Fanatec drivers/firmware (PC, wheel base, and wheel). still not working.

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Just bind manually the buttons etc , does that work?

Andi

4. Art Takemiya

Art Takemiya New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No. The game does not even see the wheel/pedals. But thanks for the thought.

5. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Just select throttle double click it does the throttle register , if so repeat

Andi

6. Art Takemiya

Art Takemiya New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does not register. The game does not see the wheel, any buttons, or any of the pedals. May have put the original CSL Elite wheel back on to run Raceroom which would be a hassle.

7. Art Takemiya

Art Takemiya New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Finally got it to work. Had to enable CSW v2 compatibility mode in the Fanatec wheel settings. Still manually setup each binding. Also when setting the wheel binding you have to turn it all the way to the stop.
    upload_2021-1-29_15-59-20.png

8. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
  9. Z3R040

Z3R040 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi! And thanks for all the info! My wheel turned up as a new input device and as you say I needed to map everything manualy and then it works. But it's a shame that Raceroom works so poorly with one of the biggest manufacturers =(

10. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    It doesnt work poorly ,new wheel new id code .....

Andi

11. Z3R040

Z3R040 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Works in all other sims from day one, so why not in Raceroom? There was info about the wheel well before I got it.

12. thespeedracerx

thespeedracerx New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    New here; but, I think I got the same problem. I updated my Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 from 434 to 436 which also caused a firmware update. I went to RR which had previously detected my wheel and now I have a big, red warning triangle. Wheel appears in other games. I understand that this new firmware may cause a new ID update. How long before that patch should come out? Is there anything else I should try? I tried deleting the Control Set XML file but that didn't help. Any suggestions would be appreciated! TIA.

13. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Are the controls registered if you try to assign them on a fresh profile?

14. thespeedracerx

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Maskerader Great idea. However, I'm really new to RRE. I went into the game > settings and was unable find a new profile option. In ControlSets, I can duplicate the conflicting device but I can't remove it and kick off a new device discovery if you will. Could you give me some explicit sets? Thanks for the help. If all else fails, since I'm not vested in the game, I could do an uninstall and reinstall and see if it picks up the wheel anew?

15. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    If the game can detect inputs from your wheel, you should be able to bind them even if you load a default keyboard profile. See if it works. Although some settings won't be correct for your wheel (like, Speed sensitive steering - it should be 0% for a wheel, etc.).

If ID is really what causes the issue, you'll then be able to find it in this file: Documents\My games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet\Keyboard (2).rcs (or whatever your newly created profile will be called).

It's a text file and you can open it with Notepad or any similar program. Search for a line "DeviceId". If the ID is different from what you see in your old profile for your wheel (the old one should be 331447, I guess), then you can simply put that new ID in your old profile.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  16. Ade-Wrt

Ade-Wrt New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just a small thing that might help anyone who is as old and tech deficient as me (if anyone else like that exists), but when you rotate the wheel to bind the left and right rotation, you need to rotate the wheel until it stops for it to bind. I spent hours trying, and kicked myself when I worked it out :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. thespeedracerx

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely right. I did the same thing and then tried binding again with moving the wheel all the way in the selected direction I was binding and like magic, the binding got assigned! I'm talking full wheel rotation till you could turn it no more. Glad you mentioned it because it was not obvious to anyone imho. :wink: