Problem Fanatec CSL Elite LC pedals not detected

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by JonmanGWJ, Jul 1, 2019.

1. JonmanGWJ

JonmanGWJ New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and CSL Elite Loadcell pedals have been working fine for ages, but recently, the pedals stopped being detected. Screenshot here.

Screenshot attached.

I've deleted the controller profiles from My Documents/My Games/Simbin, and done a fresh reinstall of RRRE, I've made sure I've got the latest Fanatec drivers installed, and updated the firmware in the wheel base, but the problem persists.

Meanwhile, the pedals work fine in all my other racing sims.

The pedals are connected to the wheel base with an RS232 cable, then there's a single USB going to the PC. I've tried multiple USB ports on the PC with the same result.

Please help - I missed a race in my racing league due to this, and I don't want to have to miss the next one too.

Attached Files:

2. Triplexbee

Triplexbee New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Did you find a solution to this problem? I am suffering it too only slightly different. I have just received my CSL Elite but with the Clubsport V3's. The game is saying that the Elite LC are missing and will not detect the V3's and there is no manual option to load them in.

I was ready to make RR my sim of choice and go all in but seeing how this problem (you, me and other reports) is just falling on deaf ears, I am not so sure.

3. JonmanGWJ

JonmanGWJ New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I finally got it sorted.
    • Uninstalled RRRE
    • Nuked all the folders, both from .../Documents/My Games/Simbin and .../steamapps/common/raceroom (apologies if those paths aren't quite correct - I'm not at my gaming rig as I type this).
    • Reinstalled RRRE
    • Still had the "Pedals not detected" issue, but going into "Edit Assignments", and rebinding gas/brake/clutch by double clicking on each, then pushing the appropriate pedal.

4. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    My club was not detected too, but igoring the "not detected message" and just doing the bindings under "edit assignment" solved my day :)

5. Triplexbee

Triplexbee New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks J, I now have them working after following your method.

Be nice to have official word on the subject though.

6. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Had the same issue with my v3... had to rebind 3 times after restarting the game

7. dave4880

dave4880 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I had this problem to but now my break pedal is all or nothing when I break. It does not do this in other games.
    I will try to explain so with mt foot off the break I have 0% but when I press the break it to 100% with nothing in between.
    Do you think I should try to rebind the break pedal?