Fanatec CSL Elite LC Pedals show up as a Missing Device after latest update

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by raulcan, Dec 23, 2019.

1. raulcan

raulcan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've been using my Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and Load Cell pedals in RaceRoom for more tha 6 months with no issues but since the latest major update a couple of weeks ago the pedals constantly show as a missing device. I've run auto-detect several times, checked the files integrity in Steam, updated the Fanatec drivers all to no avail. Interestingly it worked the first time when I used an old existing hardware profile. But after following Sector Three's instruction about deleteing your old profiles I can longer drive the game. It won't allow me to create a custom hardware profile either as it's only seeing the wheel now.

Anyone have a solution? I'm now unable to drive one of my favorite sims!:(

2. raulcan

raulcan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone from Sector 3 read these posts? My issue is being ignored, should it be posted elsewhere?

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Do you plug in the pedals separately via USB or are they into the wheelbase?

When you go to control assignment and press the pedal nothing is registered?

• Like Like x 1
  4. raulcan

raulcan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your reply.
    They are plugged into the wheelbase as they always were before the update. The control assignment screen says they are disconnected and the profiles screen sees the wheel but not the pedals.

5. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    So even before when they were plugged into wheelbase they were seen as a separate device?

Can you plug in directly via USB and see if they work then?

• Like Like x 1
  6. raulcan

raulcan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dont recall if they were a seperate device ut they were always recognized and usable in the game unlike now. The wheelbase only has one bespoke USB connection which is plugged into the PC and the pedals are connected to the wheelbese via an RJ45 looking cable. ARe you saying the pedals have a separate USB port other then the RJ45? They are hard mounted into my rig and I can't easily see underneath at the pedals moment

7. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I believe the box that comes with the LC brake can be plugged directly into the PC via USB yes.

Anyway. Regardless of whether it says disconnected. Can you go into the control assignments page in options, where you get to throttle brake etc, double click on one of those and when asked for input press the appropriate pedal. Do this for all 3 pedals.

• Like Like x 1
  8. raulcan

raulcan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    RJ12 cable not RJ45. I just found this on Fanatec's website, could this be the issue even though it always worked before and still works fine in every other game?
    • With installed Loadcell Kit, the pedals are not compatible to the ClubSport USB Adapter. Please use the included USB connector (PC only).
    I bought pedals and wheels second hand so I'll have to search for this "USB connector"

9. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    They should still work via the wheelbase, I think they have just become unassigned. Rebinding them with the appropriate controls in game should fix this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. raulcan

raulcan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Double clicking on the input assignment (even though it was grayed out) worked. Brilliant!!
    Problem solved, thank you so much for your help!!!:)

11. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    No problem. Glad to help

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. JAM_Racing

JAM_Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Raulcan, I see you got it fixed, but for your information, yes there is an RJ12 and a USB port in the module underneath you're pedals. I'm having a similar issue with my brakes going out as well. I have always plugged them into the wheelbase with the RJ12 cable and I was able to really fine tune the brakes with the BRK FC setting in the wheel. Now I have no pedal function when plugged into the wheelbase and that setting is missing completely from my wheels options. I have to run with it plugged into the USB which kills the fine tuning of the brakes now. you mentioned that you double clicked the grayed out input assignment.... Where is that assignment that you were speaking of, and di that allow you to have your pedals plugged into the wheelbase and adjustable again? Just a heads up, I bought another module for under the pedals because I thought it burned up. I worked for a couple days and then went out again! UGH!!

also, I'm using the Club Sport V3 Inverted Pedals, the Club Sport V2.5 Wheelbase, and the Formula 1 Limited Edition Wheel

Thanks,
    Jeff

13. MiguelP

MiguelP New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

We are in April 2020 and i´m steel having this problem when starting the game. I have everything updated, i install and reinstall 50 times the game, the drivers, i change the USB ports, I connect the pedals direct tp PC I did everything that I read everywere in the Internet. I paid the game, extra content I enjoy it but like this is impossible to play it. I should ask a refound because this is not admissable.

Thank you

14. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    What problem?

15. MiguelP

MiguelP New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Paul,

Probably, this is not the wright post because the problem is with my steering wheel/base. The pedals are connected to PC and they are ok but with my steering wheel is always showing the message "device not connected". It gets ok for a few days and then no doing anything it shows again not connected. I edit all the buttons again but then shows or duplicated devices or not connected. I have done everything to correct this but with no positive resolution.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    Thank you

16. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    I had a similar issue with my pedals. It turned out to be a faulty cable.

17. Andrea Perugini

Andrea Perugini New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi guys
    maybe it's not the right post but i have a new CSL ELite V1.1 + pedals and loadcell (that are fantastic) that are not recognized by the game, of course i have only plug my wheelbase to the pc, because pedals are pluged to the wheel...and i have updated everything...it's really strange, because before the game was updated i usually played with my old T500 with no issue...and i usually play on AC with my new setup now
    Thanks in advance
    Andrea