Problem Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 - Device Found without profile

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by thespeedracerx, Feb 19, 2022.

1. thespeedracerx

thespeedracerx New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Forum, I need help connecting my wheel. It connected once correctly and then stopped being recognized when I subsequently open the game*. I hijacked another thread and appreciate @Maskerader input; but, this needs a legitimate thread as I have cobbled together from other threads steps taken by others.

Here's some items you should know as you help me troubleshoot this issue.
    • Downloaded game from Steam
    • Ran the first time and found the wheel and pedals: Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 with CSR Pedals connected by RJ-11. I was able to go into Settings > Controls and make assignments.
    • Exited game and discovered that Fanatec had released a new driver and firmware, this is where the trouble started. After a successful driver install and firmware, the wheel went missing and I got the red triangle for missing device
    [​IMG]

Here are the troubleshooting steps I have taken so far:
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled the game.
    • Uninstalled and reverted the Fanatec driver to the previous version (from 436 back to 434). As part of this downgrade, I also reverted the wheelbase firmware from 689 to 688. This was the known working driver and firmware when it was detected the one time.
    • In Steam, I went to Library > RRE > Gear Icon > Properties > Controller and set from Default to Disable Steam Input
    • Deleted device_statistics from Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ which got recreated upon restarting the game
    • Edited device_statistics to set detected wheel to false where XML had it set to true
    • Copied Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 from Steam Dir\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\ControlSet to Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet\, not detected
    • Created a custom ControlSet from the CSL Elite PS4 and placed it in Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet\, not detected
    None of these troubleshooting steps have resolved the problem. When I start the game, I get Device found without profile. Start by choosing a profile template! I click on options and don't get an opportunity to select a new profile template. In game > Settings > ControlSets when I roll over the red triangle I get: Missing devices: FANATEC CSL Elite Wheel Base Playstation 4, FANATEC CSL Elite Pedals LC.

I'm at a loss. What are my next steps? What did I miss? Thanks!

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    But can you rebind your inputs like I suggested? Just because there's no assigned profile doesn't necessarily mean it won't work.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thespeedracerx

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Maskerader thanks for commenting. Here's the steps I took:
    • I selected the ControlSet for the wheel with the red triangle
    • I clicked on the Advanced tab and saw disconnected to the left of turn left and turn right.
    • I clicked the X to delete the disconnected, bad binding and then clicked rebind.
    • I had to move the wheel (either left or right depending on the binding) all the way till it stopped. Then, like magic, it assigned the new binding and the Force Feedback tab became available.
    I'll continue the bindings to the other parts of the wheel and other devices; but, for now, I think I may have it solved. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  4. thespeedracerx

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Maskerader any suggestion on how to keep the bindings once you quit and restart the game? I now have an issue where I have the custom controlset, everything is assigned and working great, run a race or two, quit, come back into the game and the wheel bindings all say disconnected. I then go about the same routine as above binding the wheel to that ControlSet. Should I delete the Controlset and try again? Any recommendation? Thanks!

5. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately I don't have any. I remember there was another report of the same issue (need to rebind controls every time) but I don't know if a solution was found...

• Like Like x 1
  6. thespeedracerx

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If it were Linux, I'd say permissions issue. Maybe I'll try that. Thanks!

7. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Are you maybe using OneDrive? I've seen people in the past having problems with OneDrive restoring older versions of files from the cloud or keeping RaceRoom from saving its files in the first place.

8. RacePit

RacePit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And what to do, if OneDrive is used?

9. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Not use it.

10. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Does OneDrive have settings? Can you tell it not to backup one folder?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Roland Horn

Roland Horn New Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0