Fanatec CSW v.2.5 Settings WIP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tarik Userli, May 11, 2017.

1. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    ok i tryied yours but i need to say thats not what i have expected. Its rubbish and i have no idea what my car does..

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Are you guys using the same wheel? It can make a big difference if you one use the GT2-Wheel and another one the Formula-Rim - to gave the extreme-example...

3. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    <- BMW Rim

4. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    To each their own:D I love it. I set in car DOR to 900 and steering Lock to 20 (<--- Can be adjusted to taste) all cars turn Butter Smooth like this and you Never turn your hands past what would be the normal steering lock range for any given car ---> also I use on wheel DOR @ auto ---> The wheel DOR settings in the Game suck with the v2.5 They are not correct at all ---. No way to keep the tires from scrubbing in corners... The Auto DOR settings with the v2.5 seem to Reduce/ Condense steering Resolution to a point where being Smooth in corners become almost impossible.

Post your settings i will be willing to give them a try maybe i can learn something new;)

also i use the Porsche 919RSR or Fomula black rim Depending on car.

Edit: also I drive All cars Stock Suspension and use No Assist ---> My Current test track is Laguna Seca because of the wide variety of corners and Fast curves ---> i can post videos that will clearly show that auto DOR causes major tire Scrub VS Setting your DOR to 900 and 20 steering lock ---> same car same stock un-tuned suspension auto DOR kills my lap times due to sooo much scrub in the steering ---> with My steering and FFB settings i can get the stock GT3 Ruf to 1:24.9xx --> 1:25.4xx consistently Lap after lap.

I am very eager to give your settings a try to see if the FFB/Steering Feel can really Be made better because as it is right now it feels brilliant....please post them so i can try them out.

I don't like dragging and dropping files so if you could just snap shot the FFB settings screen so i can put them in that would be great.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  5. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Here it is

Wheelsettings are:
    Sen:540
    FF: 100
    Sho: 30
    ABS: off
    dr1: -01
    For: 100
    Spr: off
    dpr: off

Ingame ffb multi at gtr3 cars "1000" all others how you want.

i have always the ffb meter ingame enabled.

Attached Files:

6. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I tried your settings and while i wont be so Self Centered to say that they are Rubbish i will just say that to Each their owno_O My Preference in FFB is very Different than yours;)

I also Drive with the FFB Meter up most of the Time --> I use the Stock/Default suspension and Stock/Default in car FFB Gain and i Get No Clipping:D ---> for Me each car handles well with Stock/Default settings and also Each car remains with its own unique Handling Characteristics with a wheel weight that feels right per car.

Im Very Happy that the option to tweek the FFB to personal taste is a Option because if i had to drive according to the settings posted i dont think i would Race and enjoy R3E as i do ---> Id prob just be back on Pcars:eek: or AC:)

For Me R3E and My FFB settings feels Spot on and Really Shines bright as My Go to Sim Racer;)

Thanks for taking the time to share your settings but they are No Good for Me:)

Edit: Note --> With My settings i use on wheel FFB 50% --> For Me that is more than enough No matter what Car/Car Class --> On wheel FFB 50% with My settings while being pleanty strong it also allows Me to Quickly + or - FFB Strength at the Wheel per car without having to leave track and go into the Garrage to tweek the in car FFB gain if I feel i want to beef things up a bit.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  7. Jörg Menzel

Jörg Menzel Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    But these settings are a joke. Very bad FFB settings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    hopefully not mine ;D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    @Tarik Userli @Gopher04 @GrimeyDog @Paul Darke @Jörg Menzel

Are you getting any road feel in raceroom? I don't, feels like driving on polished marble. I can feel everything else except the surface and no i dont mean the SHO-effects (shock) you get with some of the wheels. In AC it`s called "Road effect" and has it`s own slider. Is this possible in any way in to adjust the feel of the road surface in raceroom?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Like you the road feel doesn't seem to be there..

11. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    I share my settings later, in my opinion there are effects :)

12. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
  13. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
  14. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Hm, Strange. Could be that you better copy the FFB lines out of mine to a copy of yours. This should work.
    If not I can upload my settings via screenshot tomorrow.
    But hopefully it work with the copy paste thing. Best you use notepad++ for that

15. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to change the subject here but have a couple of questions somewhat related. I have a csw v1 and don' have alot of feel or feedback with this wheel. Similar to comments above the wheel feels kinda mushy to me with no road feel such as understeer etc.

It' an older wheel and i believe the ffb motors are weaker or on there way out.
    Is there much of a difference with a v1 compared to a v2.5 ?
    Would you recommend an upgrade to the 2.5 or maybe wait for a direct drive wheel ?

16. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Ok! Will try later today.

17. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
  18. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    is the wheel working ?
    cause my thrustmaster works well but if i change for fanatec are you sure it works ?

19. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Yes it's working as it should both in AC and Dirt rally. It works in Raceroom too, I can feel everything the car does, but I can't feel the road.

20. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    with my thrustmaster i feel more with R3E thab AC or PC2.
    so it doesn't work well i will pass this will i don't like AC