Question Fanatec CSW V2.5 Only please

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Andy Blade, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Okay I have tried the default ffb as posted here https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-guide-december-2019.14067/

Tried with 2019 Gtr3 Porsche as it's the newest car/ffb I believe ?
    I ask that anyone with the same setup, I have BMW GT2 rim please post wheel settings and in game settings for me to try , I don't need advice/big rants, no BS just your settings so I can play this game again , I thank you in advance for any help or settings offered but if this fails I give up as of right now base/default setiings I get no road feel, no idea what the rear end is doing until too late and I spin, the ffb just feels dead no road feel(except the odd bump) no ffb feel from the rear end on slides it just feels ..... Dull/mushy like not clean if I raise the in game ffb intensity it just feels more dull and messey , it may be just me but it is a game changer and one I can not drive anymore like this, so I will move on and run different games within our community, so if you can help please do.
    Thanks

As you can read I am not alone https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/657/raceroom-pc-fanatec-recommended-settings/p2

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well don't have a Fanatec wheel but had a similar issue after deleting my old wheel profile post update. All I can say is my FFB settings are far removed from pre update settings, with regards to road feel, for me (T300) the vertical and lateral seem to control how much of the road I feel. The lower the setting the more I feel, I counter the loss of force by upping the overall forces (can't remember it's name) the second overall power setting which goes above 100% and by also jiggling with the individual car multiplier. Not much help I'm afraid Andy but I too was originally disappointed but now, now with an hour or so of fine tuning I'm finding the new FFB superb, in fact I would go as far to say I believe I'm a bit quicker as things happen as expected. Bit of perseverance I'm afraid m8 but well worth it, well with my T300 at least, have saved more oversteer catastrophe's this past 2 weeks than the last 7 years. There's great FFB in there somewhere, just needs some love man!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Wow so someone else that can not read ? You do not have the same wheel or setup and yet ................. awesome
    To anyone else I do not give a sh@t how great it feels for you unless you have the same setup and post your settings. Why people can not read is beyond me ?

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  4. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Yeah it’s strange that people are have these different experiences!
    I have the same CSW v2.5 rim and the only adjustment I did was lower the overall force and maybe just +5 to the vertical.
    I’m loving the new ffb; especially with the 911 gt3 club Porsche. The ffb is amazing and what blew me away the most was who the simulate the a locking wheel. I can feel which wheel is locking.

so my point is I’m not sure if it’s the game or your hardware or you hardware drivers.

I’d start by deleting your r3e profile and starting fro scratch. The default should feel pretty close out of the box.
    If that doesn’t work it maybe worth while reinstalling/updating the firmware for the wheel base. I was have trouble with the McLaren gt3 wheel and whilst trying to solve the problem I reinstalled the firmware of the base...it was the same version but for some reason the feedback was incredibly better!

EDIT; I use the CSW forza rim but that shouldn’t make much difference. If I switch to my lighter gt3 mclaren rim all I have to do is lower the ffb due to it been a smaller diameter wheel

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    There has to be more people with this setup ?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Good luck finding help with your attitude, you are behaving yourself like child.
    Maybe start listening to what people say instead of attacking them.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    hmm okay , how so ?
    Who have I attacked ? I asked for specific help and ..................... trolls .............

9. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    There are several ways to ask things, or reply on posts. I agree with RoccoTTS.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Like I care ?
    I asked for specific help and get this ?
    Not sure what else or how else to ask ?
    So many people with an opinion that do not own this setup ?
    Yet they feel obligued to answer ?
    All I asked was someone with same setup to post settings ? Difficulct no, obviously yes ?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  11. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I gave you some advice that had valid suggestions and you dislike my post and you say people are trolling you !
    It’s so obvious that there is more going wrong than just adjusting a couple of in game sliders as people that have your base are fine with it

I had two more suggestions for you to try but I’m not gonna bother now

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    if this thread continues in the same sense from Andy ill lock it as its just not worth it s, so please be nice @Andy Blade

Andi

13. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Wow!
    Someone didn't get what they wanted for Christmas. :rolleyes:
    I'd wrap this one up Andi Goodwin as this could get messy, not too sure he deserves any help either, talk about throwing ones toy's out of the pram, oh well happy New Year Andy Blade good luck sorting out your lack of feeling.