Problem Fanatec CSW V2 + CSP V2 (with Fanaleds)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by 1978rocafella, May 14, 2016.

1. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    hi all, I am sure this has been asked but i searched and could not find a solution.

1) i have a CSW V2 + CSP V2 setup (running with Formula wheel)
    2) i started RaceRoom for the first time today and complete newbie
    3) i have kind of oscillation of the wheel (in AC and pCARS no oscillation)
    4) can someone be so kind, suggest/ recommend FFB and General setup details/ numbers how to setup CSW V2 properly? what values to use? also CSP V2 anything special?

thank you all, very grateful for your help in advance.

2. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    I have a clubsport v2 wheelbase with the cheap csl rim, it does not have the abs motors inside like the forumla rim. These are my current in game settings. You might want to reduce some of them for less tire feel, I haven't played with the settings since before the update. And most cars feel good to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For every car I go into car setup and then steering settings I think it is. And set it to 540. I've also been putting the lock at around 18-20. Some cars have odd numbers for some reason.

On my clubsport wheel itself my settings are:
    SEN: 540
    FF: 80-100 depending on car, what you set each cars ffb multiplier to will have an effect also.
    SHO: 60
    ABS: 50
    LIN: off
    DEA: off
    DRL: off
    FOR: 60
    SPR: 10 - 20 (I find using 20 can provide a smoother ffb, especially if you turn up SHO or FOR settings.
    DPR: off

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  3. DirtyriceTX

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    I have v3 csp but I assume they are pretty similar to the v2. One major thing is setting upper and lower dead zones for your pedals to ensure no cross talking is going on. When you go to control settings < advanced settings you will see three bars at the top, These indicate your input on each pedal. If you notice while not even pressing the pedals that one is flickering partially white, this means you need to set a lower dead zone to tune out that interference.

Also make sure when you press each of your pedals that the bar gradually becomes filled, instead of being completely filled or unfilled. If you don't see your input gradually in the bar you need to set upper and lower dead zones for that pedal. These are my current settings which reduced any crosstalk and made sure I can modulate all my inputs. The brake sensitivity is low because the brakes would lock up so easily, but I now find that adjusting brake pressure in your car setup is probably the best way to fix that. I'll have to play with turning it back up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fore warning I may have no idea wtf I am doing. But I feel like I feel everything I need to feel, and i've checked with the ffb meter that I am not clipping.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
  4. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    thank you @DirtyriceTX appreciate your posting and replying, any help is appreciated, will try out and report back/ give you feedback! god bless you and very thankful.

5. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    wonderful! worked out great! night and day difference! thank you!

6. DirtyriceTX

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Good to hear! you may want to tweak a little for personal preference, but I feel like it is a good base line.

• Like Like x 1