Fanatec DD1 & DD2 FFB recommendations - (beta) Driver v381

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Alex Hodgkinson, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson Sector3 Developer

Ratings:
    +1,723 / 0 / -0
    So it's a notchy feeling which doesn't happen all the time, but quite often? Also happens with other titles? I see a few mentioned.

2. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    With DPR and SPR at 100 and post 352 drivers, this rusty feeling is present as soon as the steering wheel receives an FFB signal from the game. Nothing in the game menus.

This feeling is also present with ACC and RF2 from what I know. But I ride on R3E 99% of my time.

It is clearly a problem of driver / hardware compatibility with some bases.

With SPR and DPR at 0, this only appears with the effects of the "forcefeedback effects settings" part.

3. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Maybe @DomB can tell us more on Fanatec point of view for this issue?

4. Kayak83

Kayak83 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    DD1 base keep showing as "missing device" when RaceRoom has started. Button box on wheel works and maps fine but there is no steering input from the DD base. Works in compatibility mode, where it'll ask to create a new profile since it thinks its a new device. PC mode is not working- see below for PC mode "workaround." Using latest January 2021 - 402 driver.

Workaround it either using compatibility mode (CSW 2.5) or start the game with the wheel off the DD base and then attach the wheel after opening.

5. Kayak83

Kayak83 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Update: Have to run DD1 in CSW2.5 Compatibility mode in R3E. This is frustrating.

DD1 wheel feels like it's a constant battle of fighting wicked oscillations and ?high spring rate? (pulling towards center). Constantly tuning and tweaking the FFB in-game settings lateral vs vertical, etc to get a better consistent feel but to no avail. I'm nearly over it altogether. Latest Fanatec driver 402.

Regarding the 1st post here for recommended wheel settings, 100% FEI would result in DAMAGING "ghost" bumps. I have to turn it down to 70% in order to not randomly get SLAMMED with some momentary hit of FFB for no apparent reason. Maybe bad track mesh? Either way, it scares the hell out of me when it happens. Alex/devs, please take a closer look at this. Maybe it's tied to the Thrustmaster bug of flat wheel spots? I dunno...

6. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    did you check your FFB Multiplier in each car setup page ?
    I've been playing with a CSW v1 for many years and for all cars I had to increase that setting a lot.
    Now on a DD1, I had set it to 1

7. Kayak83

Kayak83 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Will do. I never touch the multiplier but might have a LONG time ago maybe? Care to share your FFB settings in-game and on-wheel (fanalab/wheel)- and do you have to use CSW 2.5 compatibility mode?

8. VFX Pro

VFX Pro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You don't need compatibility mode; you got it all wrong. A simple search on Fanatec site would have shown all the settings you need. Make sure you have all the latest drivers. Here's my DD2 file from fanalab.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  9. Kayak83

Kayak83 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I take offense to the "simply" comment. You are making the assumption I haven't already searched for some reason...Why else would I be asking here, if not for better help? Plenty of threads/comments on here, Reddit, the Fanatec forum, Race Department, etc with varying differences regarding FFB setup in R3E with Fanatec DD wheels. I mean, the link in Fanalab sends you directly the recommended settings...which are from June 2019 and doesn't even include the latest settings (INT, for example) and per-dates the substantial "16 bit" driver update. As I pointed out earlier, Alex's setting in the 1st post are out of date as well.

Had you read my comment just a bit above you'd see I'm on the latest driver. Actually, tried both 400 and 402 with no difference.

As for Compatibility mode- there is an issue regarding a "device missing" error for DD bases. I'll save you the search: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/fanatec-podium-dd1-missing-device.15892/ . Workaround is compatibility mode or take the wheel off before starting the game up and then putting it on after it's loaded.

Appreciate the fanalab profile- I'll give it a shot. Though, I'm also interested in seeing what others are running in-game these days.

10. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson Sector3 Developer

Ratings:
    +1,723 / 0 / -0
    If you're having to run in CSW 2.5 compatibility mode, the game is obviously not recognising your wheel as a DD1 so the profile recommendations on the first post of this thread don't apply. The best thing would be to remove the need for you to run in CSW compatibility mode. That issue is because we don't have a default profile for a DD1 (or 2) with a Podium hub. However, that can be rectified. What we need is a device ID for the podium hub.

Could you assign some buttons to a profile and then find the .rcs file and upload here please?

11. Cobra_AUT

Cobra_AUT New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Kayak83

I've never used my DD1 in Comp mode, not even in R3E, and it works fine in R3E. And I don't remove the wheel when I start R3E. These accidental FFB hits you received had nothing to do with R3E. they also occur in ACC when FEI is set to 100.
    I am using FEI 80 and it is not occurring. According to the Fanatec forum, the problem has existed for 1 year or more and has not yet been resolved. It occurs when you do not use the standard screen (Fanatec logo) on the OLED display.

12. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0

I just received my DD1 base (replacing a CSW V2 base)
    I had the same issue, wheel base not properly recognized by the Game, using a BMW GT2 rim wheel.
    I could assign the bindings but wheel was "all on the right", couldn't have any left direction, and the calibration wizard didn't work.

After some tries, I decided to deactivate the beta UI ( -webmenu in steam parameters) and after that it went all fine. Wheel was detected as it should and centered. Went back to new UI after and still working fine.

Maybe it's the same for you, if you're also using the beta UI.

13. Kayak83

Kayak83 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm not running the beta UI. I can get it to work if I start the game w/out the wheel on the hub.

Yes- ACC has the issue too for me and 80% solves it. iRacing, curiously, does not. First time I've heard it's related to the information screen. I'll give that a try. Although I'll say there's not a massive different between 80 and 100 FEI to be of much concern. My point is mostly that it's problematic with widespread recommended settings at 100% FEI- even in the Fanatec recommended setting post.

See attached. I've attached both the CSW2.5 compatibility mode that I use currently as well as the DD1 Podium Hub version. Thanks for looking into it!

Attached Files:

14. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Not using CSW compatibility mode. So far, I use the default ingame profile. I didn't try the alternative profile yet.
    And for the Fanatec part I add you a screenshot.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1