Problem Fanatec DD1 not detected properly ingame.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Exiled Scotsman, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Hi

I'm having an issue with binding my Fanatec DD1 wheel ingame, rendering the sim unusable (The wheel works perfectly in all other sims)

The issue can be seen in the attached images. Basically it isn't being detected as it should be. And when testing within advanced settings, it only moves the right hand 50% of the steering bar (See pics).

Fix methods tried:
    • Only wheel connected
    • Different USB slot (All types)
    • Deleted all self made and preset profiles
    • Verified game cache
    • Reinstalled game
    • Reinstalled Fanatec drivers
    • Many reboots/shutdowns between each method.

As mentioned, the wheel works fine in all other sims (ETS2, AC, RF2, ACC, DR2.0).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Sorry you're having problems. The DD1 default profile are my own settings, so we know it definitely is compatible.

So, to be clear, are you saying you can not assign steer left/steer right if you select the DD1 profile, then go to the edit assignments screen?

3. Exiled Scotsman

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    The wheel is definitely compatible. I had it working fine last night.

I can assign the controls, it accepts them fine.
    The problem is the steering is not centred properly. In the picture, the bar shows approx 50% right lock, my wheel is actually centred at that point. When turning my DD1 lock to lock, it only actually moves the right 50% of the "Testing Zone" bar.

New info: Putting the wheel into CSW 2.5 Compatibility Mode fixes the issue completely.

4. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    OK, thank you I'll investigate.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Exiled Scotsman

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Update: I seem to have fixed the issue in so much as I can run my DD1 in PC mode. However, R3E is convinced that it's not connected, weirdly it shows it in both the "Missing Devices" and in the "Active Devices" list?!

Not sure what's going on there.

EDIT: Just in case anyone is having the same issue with having to use CSW 2.5 Compatibility Mode, I had to run R3E as admin.

6. Killg0reNL

Killg0reNL New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have about the same problem.
    Device shows in connected, and in not connected.

I can manually edit/bind the settings, and then the wheel works. Not sure on the FFB working properly.

But the missing controller message is starting to anoy...

In CSW2.5 i believe i also had the controller missing message.

(New to raceroom, so clean install, fanatec 335 drivers 64bit installed, and in use with DD1 Ps4 unit. V3i pedals and BMW rim)

7. Anthony Smith

Anthony Smith New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Junk its rubbish I have same problem for 6 months now still not sorted out comple waste of hard drive space how can any other sim not have a problem but these clowns can't fix a issue and don't give me all that rubbish unplug this unplug that it's stupid sort your junk game out

DD1 detected as active controller and as missing controler can't assign steering inputs will not detect steering left or right

8. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    What you guys need to do is open the button assignments menu.

Scroll down looking for any assignments which say <device missing> and clear them by hovering over and clicking on the dustbin which appears.

I know about the problem, know it's annoying and am working to resolve.

9. Anthony Smith

Anthony Smith New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

10. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    I have a DD1 every and we have lots of other users who use DD1s without any issues.
    That points to something on your side.
    I understand why you'd be frustrated, but you're an exception to the normal user experience.

11. Anthony Smith

Anthony Smith New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

there are at least 50 people I have spoken to with the same problem and had same advice from probably 100 people on sim racing facebook groups telling me to unplug anything that is connected to your PC via USB to get it to work because that is what they have had to do to get it to work which is ridiculous and obviously an issue

just stop and think about what you are saying there is something wrong at my end yet I have no problems with anything else £15,000 set up over 20 racing games and about another 50 other types of games that I don't have to unplug anything from my PC to get controllers to work on them that's 70 games with no issues!!! just raceroom there are at least 20 forum threads with the same or similar problem on here I only looked at a few pages so probably loads more also a full page on google about missing controller devices controllers not being detected properly your denial is why this problem still persists and I'm not frustrated I have plenty of other better sims than raceroom to use I just thought it is about time someone says it how it is

it is very amateur for consumers to have these sorts problems and you would never get away with it if the game wasn't a free demo to try before you buy the extra content

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    OK great, so if there are 50 people having the same issue there must be something in common. Hopefully some are willing to come forward and cooperate then we can finally resolve it once and for all!

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Exiled Scotsman

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Anthony,
    • What are your PC Specs?
    • Have you tried the DD1 in CSW 2.5 mode?
    • Have you tried running the sim as admin?
    • What Firmware version for the DD1 are you using (the number saying the latest doesn't help)?
    • Are you using Fanalab while trying to run R3E?

14. bob pardoe

bob pardoe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the same issue (June 2020) but only for the Fanatec Porsche 918 wheel. The Fanatec Clubsport v2 wheel is fine.

15. grrrrr_8

grrrrr_8 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i need help. having the same issue. I need to switch to compv2.5 to be able to use DD1. im using latest driver from fanatec.

RESOLVED. -- I just uninstalled Fanaleds and used Fanalabs. DD1 is able to work on PC mode now.

MISSING DEVICE AGAIN! even with fanaleds uninstalled I'm still having issues with missing device on my DD1.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  16. MadDog SimRacing

MadDog SimRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a PS4 DD1 (running on PC) using BME, APM on 911 wheel. Up-to-date firmware/drivers from Fanatec two days ago. Windows 10 recognizes the device properly as 'Fanatec DD1'. BTW, the wheel also works fine in PS4 mode.

The device shows as 'missing' in R3E. Same outcome as first post on this thread from December 2019.

Fanalab shows the PS4 DD1, the pedals, BME without a problem.

Switching PS4 DD1 to Comp 2.5 let's me use the wheel and is recognized by R3E.

It is September 2020 and I just downloaded R3E. I would like to know if anyone is having the issue or if it's 'my problem'.

Thank you.

17. rme

rme New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi MadDog,

I have a Fanatec DD1 and Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R. I have the same problem you mentioned when I have that wheel attached to my base. I have only managed to get it working in the compatability mode, not in pc mode. If I go into the settings of the profile (when I am in PC mode) then I am not able to configure left and right input of the steering wheel. So, I gave up using this steering wheel with R3E. The same set-up works with ACC.

I use my Fanatec DD1 with my Fanatec F1 2020 steering wheel in R3E, and that goes without any problems. I hope one day I will be able to use my Porsche Steering Wheel. I really like this racing game, but up to now I am still using the free edition. I would really like to buy this game, so I will have more tracks and cars, but at this moment I find it to risky since not all my equipment is working with R3E.

Greetings, René.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  18. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    What are you missing by using it in comp 2.5 mode you think? I have a DD1+FormulaCarbon and I also use it in compability-mode but I don't really feel I miss anything compared to the games/sims i use it in PC-mode.

19. MadDog SimRacing

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi René,

My issue is that in PC mode in R3E I receive "no device detected" when starting R3E. The device is correctly listed as an active device (and yet shows as a "Missing Device" at bottom...) but will not associate with wheel profile until I switch to comp 2.5. Very similar to Exiled Scotsman screenshot post. Same results with my 911 or F1 (blue PS4) wheel.

R3E is a great sim. Lots of cars/tracks and great sound. I have it setup on my rig with Dolby 5.1 and it is awesome.

I have no problem in PC mode using ACC and AMS2.

If your F1 wheel works, it may be that it has older firmware then the 911. I cannot remember anymore since I have tried so many different option but I believe my F1 worked in PC mode until I updated firmware.

Bonne chance!

[​IMG]

20. MadDog SimRacing

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi S. FREDRIKSSON,

My main problem it that Fanalab does not give me all the DD1 options I need if I start in comp 2.5.

AMS2 and ACC work in PC mode without an issue.

Also, my profile in other sims such as AMS2 will not associate to a comp 2.5 profile since I defined a DD1 profile within AMS2.
    So, if coming from R3E race then going to AMS2, I need to restart AMS2 if I forgot to switch wheel to PC mode. Not a huge deal but a pisser that something as simple as a driver is not working correctly.

Good luck!