Problem Fanatec DD2 random weird feeling

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by STISH, Nov 12, 2019.

1. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Also, share here the .rcs file you use. Is it the default or did you make changes?

If you have a custom one, can you try and see if you reproduce using the default profile?

2. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I drive very often with the FFB meter displayed, and with my settings (which are those recommended by Fanatec with some adjustment), I almost never go above the red line.

I have the original file, i just assign my keys. The game create a custom file as soon as you bind the keys?

3. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I'll share it here as soon as I get home, just in case

4. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Here is my rcs file;

Attached Files:

5. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I do not know what to do, even with the V345 drivers, it's still the same random thing...

6. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I drove a little more in ACC and everything seems OK. Something is happening with Raceroom. Nothing new @J-F Chardon ?

7. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    @STISH - It is being investigated on both sides, to see if we're doing anything weird with the Fanatec SDK that the driver wouldn't like.

No news for now other than it's being looked into to trace the origins of it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your return!

I'll be patient, I'm sure you'll find a solution.

9. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    For now though, it appears that turning the wheelbase off and on again and restarting the game should help with getting the FFB correct. There are conflicting reports about that, some saying the wheelbase restart helped, some that the game restart helped, and some saying both are required, so take it with a pinch of salt.

10. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I will try that when it's occur, it doesn't cost anything to try.

11. Shodan

Shodan Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I came looking for this problem on the forums as well. I also had this problem yesterday with alpha Romeo WTCR 2018 car. I do not have a fanatec, but a Thrustmaster T300 wheel. When first starting the game it's ok, but after a while my wheel suddenly starts shaking / vibrating almost constantly. This is with offline race btw.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  12. Shodan

Shodan Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    To elaborate a bit. All WTCR 2018 cars seem to have this. I tried other cars (wtcr 2016 volvo for example) there is a tiny bit of vibration in the steering wheel, which I guess has always been there, but it is not really noticable. With the WTCR2018 cars you feel it when taking a corner. There is no constant force on the wheel, but more a high frequency on /off effect that you experience as a vibration/wobble in the wheel.

Just to see if my wheel was ok. In Assetto Corsa I do not have this vibration, but a nice constant force. I also updated firmware of the wheel. No effect.

13. Shodan

Shodan Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Issue is resolved by disabling slip effect. The slip effect is for some reason making the wheel vibrate, also when driving in a straight line. Although it is much more apparent when taking a corner. Does not work well with Thrustmaster T300 wheel it seems.

Edit: Reducing it to 20% is already ok. Everything is perfect now! Time to enjoy racing!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019