Fanatec General Discussion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DomB, May 22, 2018.

1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Yeah looks like you’re going the same way as I went.
    Just ask a refund and forget the wheel, it is a real disaster if you ask me. My new shifter also has problems and is send back again. I don’t know what they are doing but it looks like they are going downhill product wise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Crap really ! That suck , i thought that shifter was bullet proof !
    I need a formula type rim with heaps of buttons though so maybe Fanatec will give me another from their range as a replacement ! I dont know , all i do know is this McLaren rim (as nice as it is) has issues with the snapdome buttons .
    There is a magnetic solution https://www.simracingmachines.com/webshop/gear-shifter-upgrade-for-mclaren-wheel that looks brilliant and would save this wheel but at $250 its a big ask to fix a rim that should work from the start ! If Fanatec built something or somehow got these their rim would be near perfect . I could live without the N and P buttons if they failed (again) but the shifters , obviously not !

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    No words about the podium software, which should be available in april for the beta version.

It's no problem that it isn't ready. The two values in tuning menu are good to go.
    But do a screenshot. Tell us a little bit, what this software can do. Let the people do suggestions while they waiting.

I think, this is not such a good for the reputation of Fanatec. (Or it confirms what same think already)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I had a similar problem as you when I first got my McLaren rim last year with missing shifts.
    I actually turned out to be a driver/software issue in my case. I followed their instructions on how to thoroughly uninstall the drivers and then reinstalled the drivers and that the problem went away

..but in saying that my rim has been back once for the dreading broken pin and know when I get back from holidays I'll be sending it back again due to a faulty funky switch :(

I love the versatility of this wheel but I'm seriously worried about it's durability as the 12 months warranty runs out in September. What happens then :(

5. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Fanatec have just offered me a refund.
    I have to say their service is really good and prompt especially considering we are corresponding from Australia to Germany.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    yeah there service is very good and fast; it's just a pitty we need it LOL
    DomB is great to have around these forums as well. When I've PM'ed him he always replies the same day.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    @2ndLastJedi How long have you had your McLaren rim for?

8. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Since September last year. Repaired twice and now needing a third rma, so good of them to offer this refund although I would really rather have the wheel than the money as it's perfect for what I need it for.

9. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like you got it around about the same time as me. I'm the same as I don't really want a refund because when it works it's great! But I just can't trust it :(

I think I might ask them if they would extend the warrenty since mine will have been sent back twice during the warranty period.

10. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    @2ndLastJedi I believe I have communicated with you privately through a different forum, but I am acknowledging your comments here too.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    The aftersales is great indeed. No complaining from my side on that. I got a refund without any problems. Only the time and not be able to use your gear is not cool.
    My new shifter has been shipped today as I'm correct. lets hope it does not break again. I really like the shifter and is miles ahead on the Thrustmaster I had.
    I'm looking for a F1 rim as well but first I need to safe money again after upgrading my Cockpit.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    @DomB can you check on something for me, the new R300 rim that comes with the uni hub can you check on the weight of it, it doesn't say on the web site and the webshop team say it is 3.5kg which surely can't be correct the BMW rim was just over 2kg.

13. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    My Universal hub and D shape is just under 2kg, so unless that rim is made from lead it can't be 3.5kg.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    From their site:
    • Podium Steering Wheel R300 weight: 1776g (subject to production changes)

15. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh thats the Podium one I'm on about the Clubsport one.

16. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  17. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone know if that big ugly white xbox button on the funky switch is a cap and does it come off?

18. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Good question, I have rhe older one that the funky switch is just black, well it is now after the printed writing wore off.

19. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    It is not a cap, and it is not designed to be removed. However we do provide a special sticker in the box that covers the Xbox logo (it makes the FunkySwitch look similar to the discontinued model). Alternatively you can disconnect and remove the whole FunkySwitch module from the Hub, and use the D-pad at the 'top' of the Hub instead.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Got a refund on my Mclaren rim and paid the difference and got the Formula v2 [​IMG]ordered today .

Fanatec were really good about it and 2 repairs and 11 months later they refunded it !! They paid all shipping for all repairs and free delivery of the new rim coming [​IMG]

Gotta love the service , even the coms between Australia and Germany was smooth other than when they actually called me (phone called) at 1:13am (morning), He "forgot" about the time delay, lol

If anyone is considering buying Fanatec I can definitely recommend them, i have all Fanatec gear and love it and any issues (only one product for me) are promptly dealt with in a fast and professional manner.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1