Fanatec General Discussion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DomB, May 22, 2018.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
  2. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Damned. I’m about to buy a Formula F1 v2 rim myself. good luck with the RMA etc.

3. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! I really like the rim, and the V2 looks nice! This rim is at least +4 years, but will be interesting to see what it will cost to fix, hoping in a reasonable range, so I don't feel it's better to just get a new rim..

• Like Like x 1
  4. LTC Gaming

LTC Gaming Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Can someone tell me how it works if you'd want to attach Clubsport wheels to a CSL Elite wheel base? Is it as simple as buying the Universal Mount?

5. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    AFAIK you don't need anything. It will fit.

Just take a look at the CSL and the CSW - the wheel mount is the same on both. Even the Podium bases have the same mount. Same diameter, same notch, same holes for the balls.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. LTC Gaming

LTC Gaming Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Ah yeah now that I look more closely I see it - they also sell a set with the CSL Elite base + Clubsport F1 wheel. Thanks!

7. Andrea Perugini

Andrea Perugini New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi guys
    i have a new CSL ELite V1.1 + CSL pedals and loadcell + Clubsport F1 rim (fantastic products!) that are NOT RECOGNIZED by the game, of course i have only plug my wheelbase to the pc, because pedals are pluged to the wheel...and i have updated everything and tried everything but they are still invisible...i need to drive on RR asap 8)
    Thanks in advance
    Andrea

8. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi Andrea, i've also had problems with the CSL Elite PS4 + Clubsport V3 pedals + eSport F1 wheel. I had to delete all my profiles, but even then no specific profile was created after restart... fortunately all the functions could be reassigned though. These steering wheels might not be officially supported i'm afraid ?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    RaceRoom has an existing profile for the CSL Elite PS4 though:

2020-04-15 13_05_22-Window.jpg

And it has been updated with the last patch:

10. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Yes indeed it worked fine when i had the P1 wheel connected, but the problem comes with the F1 esport wheel. Anyway i managed to get everything back so all good, i hope that Andrea will have the same luck ;)

11. Andrea Perugini

Andrea Perugini New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thank you Arthur, i've got it in the folder, but in the game still does not works...probably the problem is the F1 esport rim as wesker6664 said, maybe i've to wait a firmware or game update..hope so...thank you guys!

12. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
  13. Anthony Smith

Anthony Smith New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I've had all my fanatec stuff for 8 months no issues so far podium dd1, v3 peddles f1 Clubsport wheel, podium r300 wheel and a couple of podium hubs with podium paddle shifters for other rims and had no issues so not everyone having problems and nearly everyone I've spoken to that has had problems fanatec have sorted it out for them so way I look at it if you get a problem at least you know they will fix it that's the main thing

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Conclusion and repair of my Fanatec Formula Black rim

15. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Fun fact : "Made in Germany" was actually introduced by the winning parties of WW I to mark german products as "NoGo" after demanding harsh reparations....well....:)

16. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Rotating red lights around start button

Used CSW v2.5 wheel and Formula Black for about two hours continuous use, took a break and left game and wheel on. When I came back steering input worked but all buttons, paddle shifters and pedals (CSW V.3) did not and light around start button was alternating on/off in a clockwise rotation.
    Steps taken
    1. Reboot wheel
    2. Reboot computer
    3. Check Wheel Properties and Windows identifies the unit is connected but the international sign for NO is drawn through the wheel
    4. Ensure latest driver and firmware installed
    5. Checked tightness of steering wheel hub and wheel yoke hex screws
    5.a. this was recommended by Fanatec Support when I had a previous issue with intermittent connection (about a year or so ago)

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 (JS20700784)

PC - Windows 10 - 64 bit

17. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    its not registering the rim
    if you have a second rim try that
    you may have a broken pin
    if its not the pin then the internal ribbon cable from pins to board my have a broken cut wire

Andi

18. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Thank you @Andi Goodwin for the info, I inspected the pins and they look to be fine. I don't have a second rim and don't remove rim unless of an issue (so pretty much never) so perhaps the ribbon is to blame. One thing I did notice several weeks ago that while it was going through the calibration at start up a definite 'click' when it rotated to the left. Is the ribbon a terminal issue or can this be a DIY repair?
    Anyway I created a support ticket with Fanatec as well so I will post their response once I get one.

19. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    you can diy repair it , its fiddly but possible ; the ribbon just gets cut sometimes ; it takes a few minutes to see if it is the ribbon
    sorry had a brain fart , check the ribbon inside the wheel base as that is the one that gets cut

@ducman888

Andi

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 9, 2020
  20. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0

Upgraded my old Formula Black with Ascher Racing Paddle Shifter.
    To be honest, the upcoming Porsche 911 RSR from Raceroom is the biggest reason for that xD...