Fanatec General Discussion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DomB, May 22, 2018.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    This is indeed strange. I also sometimes heard about the wobble, that can occur on the QR.
    Seems, i finally had some real luck with a component ^^'

Yeah, probably it's better then, to be on the safe side.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    I have the quick release on my McLaren rim and have had no issues with broken pins or wobble.

3. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, like mentioned, my Formula Carbon also sits bombastically tight on the base. (The whole experience with the CSL is miles better, when using it, instead of the default P1 rim, less springy, less wobbly, more detailed, "harder", faster, better [giggity]) That's why i find it strange, reading about broken pins and wobble on the QRs, this can't be the intended way of things, working.

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    New simplified QR on this new rim, lol quite timely to this discussion.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  5. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    In the video I linked Barry talks of the wobble that seems hit and miss for people, so much so that Fanatec are reinventing the QR!

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    And still it's plastic and only one ballpiece/grab-piece.
    I can literally see this break between some of the 4 gaps of the attachment-segments, that sit on the shaft. One of the weakest points on the P1 already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    The quick release is not a problem at all. No wobbly feeling whatsoever. I don’t mind to screw a little screw but with the original wheel without the quick release you have to use an Allen Key and that is just not fun to use every time. You have to squeeze the plastic ring around the shaft with one hand and with the other hand you have to screw with the Allen Key.
    I just want to click and go.
    The only mayor problem we all encounter is the different button layout on all the Wheels and thus we have to adjust the ingame button assignment every time. :(

• Like Like x 1
  8. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I use the Allen key screw every time i swap out wheels , its a little annoying and i sometimes will drive a tin top with the Formula rim in online races because sometimes there is no time to unscrew and screw on a different rim . That is annoying ! Overall it is a pretty solid connection and i mainly use the Allen screw for safety as i dont want to be sending my rim back for repair !!

One nice thing going from Formula to Uni HUB is the 9 main buttons on the Formula rim match 3 of the button clusters of the uni HUB so the button layout is pretty good with these rims .

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jens Schmidt

Jens Schmidt New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hallo @ all,

Ich habe folgendes Problem.
    Ich besitze eine Fanatec CSL Elite Base mit den CSL Elite Pedalen und dem Loadcell Kit.
    Hat immer super funktioniert.
    Jetzt hatte ich eine längere Pause, während dieser Zeit gab es einige Updates von RaceRoom.
    Während der Tage saß ich wieder hinter dem Lenkrad und sah, dass in den Einstellungen für Active Control Profile das FANATEC CSL Elite Pedals LC rot ist. Fehlende Geräte: Fanatec CSl Elite Pedale LC.

Die neuesten Fanatec-Treiber sind installiert und ich habe das von mir selbst erstellte Steuerungsprofil gelöscht und neu erstellt. Der Fehler bleibt bestehen. Mit dem Standardprofil sowie mit dem vom Benutzer erstellten Profil.

Das Lustige ist, dass ich im Spiel bremsen kann und wenn es um die Tastenbelegung geht, erkennt es auch die Bremse.

Wo ist der Fehler? Ich hoffe ihr könnt mir helfen.

Die besten Wünsche

10. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
  11. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    @Jens Schmidt There are quite a few people with the same problem, including me. No fix at the moment unfortunately.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jens Schmidt

Jens Schmidt New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay, thanks for your Help

13. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I think it’s the default data set for this wheel. It’s made with an per USB plugged pedal set. The S3 Team has to look at it.

14. y2kfred

y2kfred Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    I am planning to buy new pedals in the middle to high segment in the next 6 months. I am satisfied with Fanatec Podium so my question: are there any news/known plans about Podium pedals?
    Otherwise I have to buy Heusinkveld Sprint or the VRS pedals.
    Thx

15. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Update about the Formula-Carbon Rim:

The display and rev lights start flickering, even getting darker on my Formula Carbon rim now after driving a bit. I changed the O-Ring on the steering shaft and the pins are not broken or something similar, using the fixation screw also doesn't change much. Issue remains.

Seems, i have bad luck again.^^

16. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Ich hab das gleiche Problem ...

I have the same problem (error): when applying the pedal axes manually they get registered within the controllers profile, but every time I load into a race a message comes up, telling me one of my devices is missing.

The CSP V3 pedals are directly connected through the CSW V1.5 base and work flawlessly in every other game - and worked before some time in the past within R3E as well...

That's very annoying and getting me mad that every now and then S3 manages to kill something fundamentally that has worked very well before and it needs them then month or longer to get it fixed back if at all...doesn't make much fun to play that way and makes me not feel to invest more money into this after I already have bought nearly everything so far.

17. F1mre

F1mre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

what settings changes (FFB, other) do you advise for a Fanatec Clubsport v2.5 base with Clubsport v3 pedals and Endurance Module?

Currently, I am using the default ingame setup but I am curious whether it would be better if changes were made.

Am I able to change the Endurance Module screen? It is showing my position but nothing else. Either toggling between different data or just an other setting like laptime or interval would be welcome.

Thanks.

18. ERNos

ERNos New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  19. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
  20. RIZZI

RIZZI Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Let me give you my point of view on this subject.
    I have already tested the settings recommended by Fanatec
    These settings do not suit me at all, the FFB settings like the car setups are to be found by yourself, everyone has their own way of driving, you have to build your FFB and your setup in relation to your way of driving and not adapt your driving to setup;
    There are plenty of forums on the internet even flowcharts for a better understanding of the effects of each setting.
    Ex https://i.redd.it/jpebxpm5nrw11.jpg