Fanatec General Discussion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DomB, May 22, 2018.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    That's funny got my update as well..

2. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Got my invoice today and it worked out £26 cheaper using Mastercard rather than Paypal..;)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  3. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I just ordered at the fanatec store in euro’s and Paypal has calculated the same amount.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Euro's to euro's is fine, seems to be exchanging into Pounds is the rip..

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    It must be, since I have the same experience as @Olijke Poffer

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    It's another example of the UK been ripped off by Europe..:p

7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Ive just sent my wheel base in for repair !
    I'll report back the out come .
    I miss it already :(

8. Virtual Apex

Virtual Apex Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Will RaceRoom have support for the DD2 by the December shipping date?

9. Olijke Poffer

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Really!! What is wrong with it?

10. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Only the rear fan , they are awesome to deal with , they have sent me a replacement fan recently thinking that was the issue but it's the same so it must be something else .
    My wheel is 18 odd months old , so out of warranty but they are still repairing it for me under warranty !
    I sent an email to them 4 days ago and had the RMA number the next day and I posted it back yesterday and they are even covering postage costs !
    I cant recommend Fanatec enough ......so far and will post about my experience when the process is finished but if the beginning is anything to go by , their customer service is brilliant , just like their products ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  11. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    @2ndLastJedi Couldn't agree more. Had a similar experience with my CSR Elite pedals. A couple of months out of warranty when I had a problem with the throttle pedal. They just asked if I was comfortable swapping pedals and sent me a new one with a document showing me how to do it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Flinty!

Flinty! New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hoping one of you guys could shed some light on an ordering question for me. I've read numerous posts about first time orders getting cancelled and refunds taking forever. Is this something that is common? Is there anything i can do to prevent this? I emailed Fanatec but I'm still waiting to hear back. Would have to use my debit card which is why i asking is all. Realing hoping to do business with Fanatec, but this is got me a little nervous. Ordering from US btw.

13. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I don't order often from them, last time was almost 2 months ago for my csl pedals. My experience was good. Order went smoothly, shipment within a couple of days. I used a debit card (visa) btw, I'm in the US also, on the eastern seaboard
    Hth
    Rich

14. Flinty!

Flinty! New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, i got a response from them this morning and from what i can tell they refuse credit cards because of the potential stolen possibility. But i wonder if its a debit card purchase if that makes any difference whats so ever. Really don't feel like paying the roughly 200$ mark up from anywhere else tbh.

15. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Debit cards or Paypal are fine with Fanatec.

16. Flinty!

Flinty! New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Even with first time orders?

17. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh, why wouldn't they be..

18. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Well i got my wheel base back yesterday ,well I got a wheel base back but it isn't the same base ! Its working perfectly it seems but it's got a different serial number !
    The back plastic part is shaped differently , I'm guessing it is to house thr new fan design . I didnt notice at first it was only when i moved it out to use it ( I have to put it away after every use) and were i put my hand while moving it felt different, so after closer inspection i noticed the plastic housing is more angled and not as round .
    After 3 hours of use I have to say it performance perfectly, but i would have liked to have been told I was getting a different base and what has changed !
    Now it has a different serial number , do I need to change that on my Fanatec account ?
    All in all it too 2 weeks from initial post to the new base arriving ,which is pretty darn good and I have already had my postage refunded !
    Very happy really especially as my base was out of warranty , I'm just a little confused as to what changed in the new version from the old one ? Its not a v2.5 on the outside but ive read Fanatec put v2.5 internals on repaired v2's ??
    Anyway Fanatec customer service is very good and i would highly recommend them on both their products and their customer service !

• Like Like x 2
  19. Flinty!

Flinty! New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Well so far so good, i put in my order for the CSL elite base and pedals + the Mclaren GT3 wheel. First time order and it's shipping today!!!! I'm so pumped!

• Like Like x 4
  20. Olijke Poffer

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Cool I just installed my Fanatec CSW v2.5 and CSL pedals with loadcell. This is such a great wheelbase. I come from a Thrustmaster T150 pro and it is zillion times better with the CSW.
    So smooth, it feels like a real car and especially the feeling of real tires. It feels soft. After my Oculus by far the best investment for my hobby..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1