Fanatec General Discussion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DomB, May 22, 2018.

1. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    is the xbox button remappable?
    if so that brings it to a whole new level

2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    @DomB will the Fanatec Podium also work with custom wheels? Or will it give no FFB if there is no Fanatec wheel attached?
    I'm undecided between the osw and the podium. I would also like to use custom wheels.

3. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Oh yes.. it’s very useable.
    You get a hat (up/down/left/right)
    A swivel/twist (great for brake bias)
    And it’s a push button.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    to be honest, I am not sure how I feel about buttons on a wheel, I am used to my G25, it only has two small buttons, and I don't use them much, that is why I am considering this, [​IMG]
    ClubSport Quick Release Adapter Black
    Model: CS QRA BLK [​IMG]and this

5. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I don't think this will work, I think you need the Universal hub for it to work, otherwise the wheel base can't detect that a rim is pluged inn. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
    Here is how I have my two rims that I use with the Unihub:

6. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
  7. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, but the QR Adapter is only a converter for the quick release system on CSL wheels. He can't fit any rim on the QR and make it work?
    Then I think he needs the Universal hub.
    Edit: And the QR is included when buying the Unihub.

8. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    That's true..unless you know how to trick the wheelbase :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    great video, that is pretty much what I want, with the static base mounted shifters, (I never liked having the shifters move with the wheel) except the hub costs as much as the base, so I may just get the $89 P1 wheel, I can always mod it or upgrade later

OK how do you trick the wheel base?
    I cant find a pinout for the connector, what does it need to see?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  10. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    Oh I didn't say I know how to, but i'm sure it's possible with the right gear.

11. Peter Varinsky

Peter Varinsky New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I just got the McLaren Gt3 wheel and when I start the game in VR, the cockpit view switches to the back, so I am looking at the rear spoiler, not the steering wheel.. I have seen on Steam forums, that people are having the same issue.. Is there a fix for this??? Thanks...

12. jensmuellerhig

jensmuellerhig Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    @Peter Varinsky, do you have a seperate in game profile for the McL GT3 Wheel, because sometimes when I forgot to switch between profiles, I experienced the same problem. (but not in VR)

13. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    In controls find the look left/right/back mapping. Remap these to keyboard keys - this will fix your issue.

14. Peter Varinsky

Peter Varinsky New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys, it worked.

• Like Like x 1
  15. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    Als ik voor fanatec ga ... ?? Ik twijfel tussen de v2dd accuforce en de 2.5 base van fanatec, want nu kan ik niet wachten tot 2019 voor een dd-wiel van fanatec, het is te lang om te wachten.

Enkele vragen over fanatec
    1 zijn er echt zoveel problemen met fanatec-gebruikers? Ik heb mijn logitech g25 10 jaar lang en heb nooit problemen!
    2 als ik voor de fanatec-familie ga ... Ik wil v.2.5 kopen ... een hub ... en loadcell-pendalen en misschien een formulewiel in hun winkel.
    Maar ... ik wil ook een momo-wiel buiten de winkel. Waar kan ik een Momo-Wheel kopen (koppelen) wat past bij een fanatec?

Grtz-muzikant

16. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    If I go for fanatec ...? I doubt between the v2dd accuforce and the 2.5 base fanatec, because now I can not wait until 2019 for a dd-wheel from fanatec, it is too long to wait. Some questions about fanatec 1 are there really so many problems with fanatec users? I have my logitech g25 for 10 years and never have problems! 2 when I go for the fanatec family ... I want to buy v.2.5 ... a hub ... and loadcell-pendals and maybe a formula wheel in their store. But ... I also want a momo wheel outside the store. Where can I buy (link) a Momo-Wheel that fits a fanatec? Grtz musician

• Like Like x 1
  17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    2019? fanatec DD wheels come 7th december 2018.
    You will need the universal hub from fanatec. you can mount it to a momo wheel (depending on size of the momo i guess).

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    You might be able to change this, but I would say that it isn't too important if you don't. If you have a technical query about the base, your service record will show on our support systems, so the team will understand what has changed.
    I'm sorry to hear about your experience Slowdive. If you could send me a private message with some information that allows me to trace your order (for example the order number and the name on your Fanatec account) then I could look into this for you.
    The Universal Hub is only recommended for the V2 and V2.5 and the CSL Elite bases. It is possible that it will work on the V1/V1.5 (as LTC Mike says), but it's not guaranteed. The static shifters will definitely work. You can fit most aftermarket racing wheels that use the 6-hole mounting pattern, like MOMO and Sparco. I believe we no longer stock the G25 pedal adapter, but I will make some enquiries.
    I will also ask about this.
    Yes, the killswitch is an optional extra for the DD1. Please note we also have a 'torque key' in the box as standard that allows the user to limit the maximum torque output of both the DD1 and DD2, so this can also be considered a safety feature.
    The Porsche 918, BMW GT2, Formula Black, and Formula Carbon wheels are not compatible with the Xbox One and feature no console branding on them whatsoever. The McLaren wheel is an Xbox One licenced product, but it can be completely 'debranded' with the included button caps.
    The quick release is removable, and there will almost certainly be aftermarket solutions that allow you to attach other kinds of wheels or quick releases to the shaft of the Podium wheel bases. However by doing so you lose out on the convenience of the wireless power and data connection that allows Fanatec wheels to work (in terms of displays and buttons) without the need for a cable between the base and the rim. You can of course use our Universal Hub as the mount for custom wheels, and don't forget the Podium Series is more than just wheel bases....

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    OK thanks for the info, however I am interested in using the quick release hub ($99), not the universal hub ($299). (sorry that was totally my mistake) and just the static mounted paddle shifters and/or an H shifter, as I prefer no buttons on the wheel at all,
    this is possible with a Thrustmaster base, (base mounted paddle shifters on T500, or sequential/H shifter on the T300 and the Ferrari 250 GTO wheel)
    so I was hoping the Fanatec base would work in much the same way, however several people have stated that none of the Fanatec bases will work without the circuitry in the steering wheel?

20. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    The ClubSport Quick Release Adapter is a new solution designed alongside the CSL McLaren GT3 steering wheel, and is currently only functional as an upgrade for that wheel (this is the most recent Fanatec steering wheel design). This differs from all other CSL and ClubSport steering wheels in our range, where the quick release is integrated with the hub and not removable. The plan is for all future CSL wheels to be designed with the same upgradable QR, so the ClubSport Quick Release Adapter will eventually be suitable for more than one product in our range.

If you would like to use a buttonless wheel with no rotating shifters on the hub, you basically have two options: 1) purchase a steering wheel from our ClubSport range that includes the Universal Hub (e.g. the ClubSport Steering Wheel Classic, ClubSport Steering Wheel Round 1, ClubSport Steering Wheel Flat 1, etc), or 2) purchase the Universal Hub separately along with an aftermarket wheel of your choice. Either way, you can remove and disconnect the button and shifter modules from the Universal Hub as described in the product manual and as shown in the video linked in this thread. You can then use our ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles.

You can use this solution (Universal Hub + Rim + Static Shifters) on our current CSL Elite and ClubSport wheel bases, as well as the upcoming Podium Series wheel bases.

• Like Like x 1