Bug Fanatec McLaren gt3 wheel issue

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by higsy, Jul 17, 2018.

1. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    This game was working fine, today I tried to play and it has me loading in facing backwards as the default camera or outside looking at the side of the car, I cannot get a cockpit view. I have tried resetting my driving position and changing the driving camera and it only goes between facing backward and looking at the car at a 90 degree angle outside of the vehicle...
    I remove the wheel and put my formula rim on and all is fine (cockpit view).
    I'e found others with the same issue on the steam forums. Any ideas

2. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I had this - it’s spefic to that wheel! Seriously. Re-map your “look left” to a keyboard button and then give it another go. This worked for me. I think it has something to do with the rotary encoders.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Also check the "Look rear" button assignment.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys , worked great. I just reassigned everything (look left,right,back) hopefully raceroom or fanatec update as is i like to use those funcions bound to the wheel..
    Do the encoders work ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Not yet but I believe they will be looked at as soon as possible

• Like Like x 1
  6. James Anthony

James Anthony New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    FYI I just tried this game in VR using the Fanatec Mclaren GT3 rim and this issue is NOT fixed. So 'as soon as possible' didn't happen.

Anyone know how to report this to developers as it seems they ignored this forum thread or never saw it.

7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh I be surprised if it's to do with the Rotary's I've never had this issue it sounds more like another button is sticking or you've doubled mapped something, check all buttons on all hardware ie wheel/button box/ and so on, also do you have the correct software update for the Mclaren rim..

8. James Anthony

James Anthony New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just got home and the only thing I changed was mapping Look Left to a key on my keyboard. Problem fixed!

But it's a temporary fix. How to let developers know about this bug?

I went to update drivers and had most recent version.

I'm using a Rift CV1 and have Fanatec CSW 2.5 with Mclaren GT3 rim. So headset seems to be main difference in accessories. Great you haven't had this issue, but others have. Not sure what has caused it.
    But I can race now! So happy

9. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0

That’s literally all you have to do - map the look left button to anything. For whatever reason by default the Mclaren wheel has a rocker switch (i believe) somehow mapped to look left.

Update away (I did).