Fanatec McLaren rotary switches

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by skswat, Oct 17, 2018.

1. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    Is there any chance to make rotary switch bind for example as TC preset?
    I mean that I can bind every TC step to separate button, not just like +/-. So when I set switch to position 3, I got the TC preset 3... etc.

If not, what you have mapped on those switches now? I dont know what they should be used for except the TC level.
    upload_2018-10-17_11-38-31.png

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    They can not be mapped fully in RRE yet, the only sim that fully supports them is ACC, which is kinda strange seeings it new..:eek::confused:

3. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I hope they add support for these kind of switches in future patches in RRE as they are being used more and more in wheels or button boxes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Please add support

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Virtual Apex

Virtual Apex Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Please add support.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Virtual Apex

Virtual Apex Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Especially now that there are two versions with this function

7. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I've recently purchased the se f1 clubsport rim which has multi rotaries. It ships in January, I hope the support is there by then .

• Like Like x 1
  8. Virtual Apex

Virtual Apex Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    This is the kind of compatibility needed

• Like Like x 1
  9. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
  10. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Hey s3 , any chance your working on support for these new wheels. Thanks in advance.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Can’t promise anything but has been discussed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I find it abit odd Andy that S3 still don't have support for these wheels, the Mclaren has been out awhile now and we still don't have support yet, there are alot of people that use Raceroom that have Fanatec equipment and quite a few have the Mclaren rim, let alone the new gen rims they are starting to produce, we advertise for them, we have Fanatec liveries, and we have one of their team with a thread on this forum, so what's the hold up? ACC wasn't even alive in our eyes when the of these rims were released, yet ACC sorted it, and Raceroom still doesn't support the rotary switches..:confused::(

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    yeah, mainly when RaceRoom collaborate with Fanatec quite a lot. Fanatec banners in Raceroom online events, etc. But full hardware support is far from ideal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    When Fanatec introduced the McLaren rim my first thought was "what the hell should I assign to those rotary switches?!". This was one of the reasons not to buy the wheel and looking for something else instead. If I buy new hardware I expect that it works in every sim I play. So even if support for the rotary switches get added to some sims, what about titles like Automobilista or Assetto Corsa which don't get updates anymore?

I'm glad that the good old days where Fanatec was the best option on the market are long gone. Thanks to the boom of direct drive wheels. I decided to buy an F1S wheel from Augury because I wanted a GT/formula wheel that actually works. It too has a rotary switch, it controls what you see on the display - out of the box without fiddling around with key mapping tools. That's how it's done.

Seeing this thread here reminds me that I made the right decision.