Bug Fanatec Podium DD1 missing device

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by OooldGreeeg, Nov 7, 2020.

1. OooldGreeeg

OooldGreeeg New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    base: Fanatec Podium DD1
    rim: Podium Hub

PC driver: 373
    Wheel Base Firmware: 674
    Wheel Base Motor Firmware: 40
    Steering Wheel Firmware: 3

Windows 10 x64
    Running RaceRoom in SteamVR 64-bit

Podium DD1 listed both under active devices (as keyboard??) and missing devices at same time. When I load the configuration for DD1, the steering left and right are "DISCONNECTED" ...cannot assign.

Please advise.

2. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I also have the DD1. I run the wheelbase in 2.5 compatible mode. Not sure if it works in the normal mode but atleast I never got it to work without running it in the 2.5comp mode.

3. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I have recently installed my DD1, and the two default DD1 devices always show as "disconnected", with the steering left/right "disconnected". Haven't been able to resolve it, but it works perfectly in my custom profiles, everything is mappable and everything plays just fine. Looks like the exact same issue you're having, @OooldGreeeg

When I uninstall drivers and start from fresh, it usually works and the default profiles are normal. Until I open the Fanatec control panel. After that, they will be listed as disconnected.

I am running a Podium hub without buttons, don't know if that matters.

Will try the compatibility mode today and check whether it solves anything. Do I lose anything by enabling it? I'm generally not a huge fan of "compatibility modes", because they usually reduce functionality in one way or another.

4. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I really don't know if you lose anything by running it in "compatibility mode" since that is the only way I run it in R3E. But, I don't "feel" there is any loss when I compare it with games that I run it in "normal mode". The FFB and everything works very well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. *****

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Same here (nearly). I have two wheels for the DD1: BMW GT2 and 2020 F1 Edition. For both I have a seperate control setting. I can start R3E only with the F1 wheel on the DD1. With the GT2, R3E says that the DD1 is not connected. Strange thing: After starting the game with the F1 wheel, I can easily change the wheel rim to the BMW and continue racing. Starting with the GT2 wheel and changing to the F1 does not show any effect, the DD1 is still missing then. Must have something to do with the start process of the game in combination with the wheel I put on the DD1. I took a look in the controlset files, and for both the user-variants and the standard file the DeviceName and DeviceID for the device is all the same. I have no Idea how to fix this.

***EDIT 19.11.2020*** An easy workaround for me I tested yesterday: Pulling the BMW GT2 from the DD1 before starting R3E. It starts with the DD1 recognized, and thereafter I can push the GT2 on the base again. Don't need to switch to the F1 wheel just for starting the sim.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  6. OooldGreeeg

OooldGreeeg New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's six months later and I decided to give this a try again and the game still doesn't detect the Fanatec Podium Hub. DD1 Wheelbase says disconnected/missing.

Is there any way to contact / inform support directly?