Resolved Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 V2 Wheel doesn´t work

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Fabs92En, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Fabs92En

Fabs92En New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I have problems with my Porsche 911 GT3 V2 Wheel and CSR Elite Pedals. It is the first time I´m using R3E and connecting my wheel, pedals to my computer (Windows 10). I only used Project Cars on PS4 before and it worked fine.
    I´ve updated firmware (756 Win 10 compatible) and installed drivers (v.226 Beta 64bit).
    In fanatec overview i can see the wheel and edit options.
    When I start R3E (wheel is connected and powered on) in the options he shows my Wheel and keyboard as active devices but I can´t create a profile. Only keyboard and mouse. When I go back to main menu a message appears, that there is a device with no profile. Now I can create a profile but after this in the settings i can´t change the buttons and everywhere stands "disconnected".

Do you have any ideas what the problem is?
    While using the search option I found a thread with similar problems. He fixed his problem with deleting the R3E folder in his documents, but he can´t create any profile. I tried it but it doesn´t work...

Thank you!!!

2. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Let's see, if you see the wheel in RR as a device, then it would normally be possible to map the individual buttons, pedals and wheel rotation in RR options/controls.

Have you more control devices attached to the computer? Sometime multiple Xbox(360) controllers can cause RR to misbehave?
    Do you use an USB hub for the wheel and pedals? Some wheels don't like some USB hubs (my Thrustmaster is one of them)?
    Can you make a new profile in RR with a combination of keyboard and Wheel?
    Can you rename a profile to another name? (For testing if your folder in the drive is write protected...)

That the wheel worked on the PS4 is not a good reference to the PC.

This a longshot, and probably not your problem: I had with the Fanatic handbrake enormous trouble to get it to work because the connector on the bottom leaked signal to the ground (chassis). The signal got to weak to function, in the Fanatic driver everything seemed OK but in reality the signal got lost. I heard this issue before when researching the Internet with Fanatic gear, but i don't know where i found it. I isolated the connector and everything was fine.

3. c3lix

c3lix Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    I had this problem too once. Have the same setup like you.

My CSP are connected via USB to my PC, I also use FanaLEDS.
    Connect everything before you launch the game. Launch the game and look if your wheel is there. If not, power down your wheel and power it up again. Try is a few times. It should work at some point. As soon as the game founds your wheel and you save the setup you should be fine.

4. Fabs92En

Fabs92En New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you guys,

now it works, but I don´t know why :joycat:. I tried to change the commands in the profile a few times and restarted my wheel several times. At some point it works how c3lix said and i could assign the buttons.

5. Karotchi

Karotchi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys i have the same problem. Use the Fanatec Porsche GT3 wheel and the game recognizes my wheel as an active device but when i go in to controller profilers it cant find it. I tried restarting the wheel several times and everything else this thread suggests with no luck.
    I have played Asseto Corsa, Project Cars and Dirt rally so the wheel works just fine. Any other ideas?

Regards