Fanatec wheel available for PS4 - finally

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Skybird, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-wheels/csl-elite-racing-wheel-ps4.html

This is an interetsing option. I know that Raceroom is not present on PS4, but many of us play Raceroom as well as other racing sims that might be available on PS or xBox, so I post it. This wheel is PS4 and PC compatible.

I wonder whether Raceroom on PC is compatible with this hardware? Probably yes, but I ask to be certain. Take this as an official question for the S3 staff. ;)

I paste and copy a post of mine:

For somebody like me who takes into account that in the forseeable future he will no longer be willing to base on Windows as a game launcher (when I cannot get a new PC running under W7 for example), this offer is a serious alternative. I do not invest into Windows-only additional hardware anymore, even less so at these high costs, since I cannot say when Windows gaming will be ruined for me. Microsoft has lost me. However, with AC on PS4 available, this wheel now is a serious consideration. If i migrate from PC racing to AC on PS4, the investment would not be lost.

However good fanatec may be, and even if this combo pack looks "comparably cheap", it nevertheless is quite a price tag. You get two playstations or one capable PC system for that... And pedals are not included. Still, interesting option.

[​IMG]

A nice litte feature, interesting especially for PC-users: the buttons with playstation symbols could be replaced against real world tech-related symbol buttons.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  2. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    In the post above, I had linked a wrong subsection of the fanatec webpage. It now is corrected.

A little video:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    ugh.. I don't like rims with "branded" buttons. That's why I bought a T300 GTE instead of T300 RS (PS4 branded buttons) :-D

good that they can be replaced, but the layout is still shit then.

4. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Looks decent to me, and I like that it has so many buttons: 11+4+1. If my G27 ever breakes down, this will probably become my next wheel.

5. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    official promotion video released. It surely looks nice.

keep on mind that the wheel and base exclude pedals. For three-pedal sets, you have two options. The package they currently offer in a sale (wheel plus pedals for 520 coins) has just two simple pedals, not the ones seen in the video.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  6. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I take it that this set has compatability issues with Raceroom on PC then?

7. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I meanwhile got the wheel, and the CSPv3 as well.

The wheel gets recognised and works. The revlights on the wheel base work, the LED-display works and can be altered if you map a key to "fanatec" in options, and the indicator light on the rim works as well. It works out of the box in Raceroom, without Fanaleds.

There is one technical issue, however: if you rev up into the blue range of wheelbase LEDs (there are 3 yellow, then 3 red and then 3 blue), but you do not go up all the way to all 3 blues lighting up, then they can lock at 1 or 2 blue LEDs, and will not react anymore, staying on even if revs fall again. You then are left with non-reactive, always-on rev lights: yellow, red, and 1 or 2 blue.

This can only be solved by going tol ower gear and poushign the revs once to maximum so that the third blue gets lit, then the LEDs all become responsive again, or by staying in the gear you are in, and accelerating until in this gear you hit the maximum again and the third blue goes on.

Something is erratic there.

Fanaleds have not yet released a new version that has included this wheel (thats why the rev lights in AC do not work at all, for example).

Known issue?

8. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean that the blue LEDs are lagging?
    I have seen that since a couple of days, that sometimes when I'm close to spinning the wheels that the LEDs are doing some strange things. But I have never the time to look at it in detail because I'm too concentrated on the track...

9. Chrisel81

Chrisel81 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My steering isnĀ“t correct in R3E with my CSL Elite. What could it be?

10. Alex Wurst

Alex Wurst RaceRoom

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    upload_2017-11-13_15-44-8.png

technically not S3 directly, but i sure do hope that the 40 Wheels we are currently using on our Simulators are compatible, they seem to work at least :D

Edit: Of course it is compatible, the wheelbase will switch to PS or PC mode depending on what device is connected to it.

11. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    :D That question is five months old and I meanwheile found out the pleasant answer the hard way, but nevertheless thanks!

P.S. The wheelbase CSL Elite PS4 must be manually switched to PC or PS4 mode, it does not automatically do that. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Alex Wurst

Alex Wurst RaceRoom

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    yep, i noticed after answering and just thought id leave it if someone looks for it in the future.

Welp, i've not used it with a ps4 yet, so im gonna believe you on that :)

13. Zappadoc

Zappadoc New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    no longer needed with latest Fanatec firmware/driver, the wheel base will now startup with the last saved configuration PS4 or PC.
    CSL Elite and all Fanatec hardware are fully supported by SLIMax Manager Pro and works perfectly with R3E simulation (100% free, you don't need a license to use your Fanatec hardware with SLIMax Mgr Pro).
    Cheers,
    z

14. Yoann.bill

Yoann.bill Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hello

I use slimax manger for my set up fanatec.

I have wheel:p1,hub xbox and formula

All work well with this soft

15. Yoann.bill

Yoann.bill Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hello

I use slimax manager for my setup fanatec

I have 3 wheel : P1 , Hub xbox ,Formula

All work well with this soft and it's free

16. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Yes, nevertheless that setting is manually chosen. Attaching it to this or that hardware nevertheless has it booting with the last saved option, not automatically adapting to the platform.

17. Zappadoc

Zappadoc New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ah ok you right but well it's cool as it stays with last choice. ;)

thanks Yoann.
    Cheers,
    z