Favorite Corners in Sim Racing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dave R, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Let's start a fun topic for a change. What are your favorite corners in Sim Racing? The corners where when you nail it, nothing feels better.

For me, it's Eau Rouge at Spa, the Karussell at the Green Hell, and Sachs at Hockenheim Ring.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  2. Erwan960

Erwan960 Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Eau Rouge (SPA)
    Gille Villeneuve Chicane (Zolder)
    Courbe de Signes (Castellet Paul Ricard)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Erwan, I don't think I've once nailed the Chicane at Zolder hehe so I guess that is a grand accomplishment!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    There will be plenty of Eau Rouges etc...so I will offer up three from my country.

Brands Hatch - Paddock Hill Bend: never get tired of this corner. It's kind of got everything: fast, blind apex, steep drop followed by a climb. Must be a huge thrill in a real car. The TV cameras don't convey how steep this corner is.

Silverstone - Maggots/Becketts/Chapel: Ok, this is a five-corner complex but it feels like one. Really satisfying when you hit all the apexes carrying as much speed as possible.

Donington - Craner Curves - just a really rewarding set of corners.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Edit: oh bugger, you said 3!?

Erm, Signes (Paul Ricard), Blanchimont (Spa) and Turn 1 (Sebring).

Original post below...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic gentleman and by all means if you have more than 3 post em!!

7. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Craners are awesome, flat out but only just in my old Elise and great in sims too.

The esses at suzuka always get the pulse racing, as does the mountain at Bathurst.

So that's my 3.

Can I nominate turn 6 at Laguna seca as the nastiest corner in all sim racing

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I changed the post, feel free to list as many as you want!! I agree on Laguna Seca mr_belowski

9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Every single one on Raceroom Hillclimb. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. skeno

skeno Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Ostschleife and Fahrerlagerkurve at Salzburgring

• Like Like x 2
  11. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Because I am determined to get this track down pat, Norisring, not any of the the turns in particular, all of them together, it is really satisfying to get them right and get a good time for the effort.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Full agree with you; it was one of the tracks that convinced me to get into the game and its flow is great when you get it right.

Whoever said Laguna Seca reminded me of the two corners AFTER the Corkscrew, the two downhill ones. You can attack them with so much confidence because of the camber they're amazingly fun.

There's a great sequence in the middle of Mid-Ohio too, that has all the crests in it, that makes a tremendous difference to your lap and confidence.

• Like Like x 1
  13. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the old Eau Rouges without the run off and stupid curb at the top.
    the dipper & Forest's elbow at mount panorama.
    the first chicane at Adelaide with the huge curbs.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Actually, seeing as this is 'favourite corners in SIM racing', I must give a shout out to the first sequence at ISI's Toban, the long uphill right and quick flick left, superb corner. By far the most 'real' fictional circuit I've encountered (mainly playing a converted version in GTR2).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    'S' de la bretelle Dijon short layout, the curve when you're coming down the hill.

Turn 4 upp the hill on Algarve.

The fast left and right (5-6) corners on Mantorp Park out on the long straight.

Turn 5 - 6 and 7 along with 12 and 13 on Knutstorp, awesome track!

Edit:
    Oh, I forgot..
    The tricky right left right over the crest on Magny cours national.. . Love that part and track!

And the hairpin of Rouen-Les-Essarts.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  16. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I can't think of a specific corner to be honest, rather I have favorite sections/sequences.

- First section of Suzuka; the esses: lots of time to gain, little room for mistakes.
    - Last section of Hockenheim. For a long time I could not master this specific part (Mobil 1 through to the last corner) And then it suddenly clicked for me. Don't know how or why, but I learned how to go through it and I've noticed I get a run on other drivers through it.
    (Small caveat: both sections require precise gearing setup for carrying good speed)

Finally, this is cheating but: Whole Donington National layout. If there ever was a perfect track for me, this is it. Apart from the chicane, every corner is tricky and allows for different lines depending on whether you're attacking or defending. The lack of asphalt runoffs also helps it feel like more of an "old-school" track. My personal favorite corner on it is McLean's: the entry can be very tricky under braking but the exit is not that wide, plus there's a bump that can upset the car, although from watching RL footage it's not as bumpy in most sims.

• Like Like x 3
  17. emmagloor

emmagloor New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Gran Turismo. In terms of a simulator it's one of the realist driving experiences you could have,especially with a wheel controller. Forza cars feel like boats,and there's nothing really good on PC.

18. BoogerMac

BoogerMac New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Raidillion Eau Rouge @ Spa Francorchamps

The amount of speed you can carry in-and-out of there is unbelievable while the elevation changes provides a timing challenge.

19. Shenmue_X

Shenmue_X Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    The Pool at Monaco. The fastest blind corner I ever experimented with the close walls increasing insanely your sensation of speed.

20. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I guess I am the guy that feels that the first corner of every race is the best.

obviously though, there are some I like more than others, but that is how it seems to end up.