Favorite GT3?

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Jiva, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Jiva

Jiva Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I’m absolutely loving the BMW Z4 GT3. Granted, I’m just getting started and very much a noob but the Z4 @ Monza this morning was SO much fun :D Not sure exactly why but it just feels much better to me than the rest. Being an Audi fanboy, I was surprised to like it as much, if not better, than the LMS ultra.

Anyone else like this little beast?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Z4 is very cool, more fitting to the Nordschleife than the new M6 imo.
    I've just fallen in love with the Corvette Z06, because SOUND matters ;)
    My first GT3 was the McLaren 650S, which I don't like that much anymore. Maybe got too used to it.
    Both Audi R8 LMS are great and fun, with their V10's, but the Porsche 911 is the one that gave to me the knive edge feeling. That may be the reason why I'm not a huge fan of the new generation-it's too boring :p

I've tried the Mercedes AMG's, the Chevy Camaro, BMW M6, Bentley Conti and Nissan, but these feel like huge ships compared to the cars mentioned above. Just stable. Nothing too special, imo.
    But all are great and rewarding, especially now with the new tweaks they recieved!

Greetings

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jiva

Jiva Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    911 is one of my dream cars, has been since the seventies, but I need to be a better driver before jumping on that knife edge :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Nissan GT-R, both the blue #45 from ADAC GT Masters 2013 and the blue #21 from GTR3 class.

5. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    AUDI R8 LMS - great car in R3E.
    I am very upset that it is no longer possible to buy a Porsche GT3R - this is my favorite car.
    EDIT: and Corvette C7 GT3-R - glad to have the opportunity to try . I do not like American cars, but the Corvette has always been special and European.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  6. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    My post is based on cars/racing prior to the latest update. My favorite gt3 car is the Porsche 911 GT3, but I have never drove the car in a race. When a race is coming up I look to the leaderboards to see what car is dominating or there abouts on the particular track I am going to race. For instance monza would be the Ford Mustang GT3, spa the Mercedes AMG GT3, silverstone the McLaren 650S GT3 so on and so forth. I am pretty new to sim racing in general, so this is just the course of action I take so I am at the very least competitive.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Being a lifelong Corvette fan and love the Callaway C7, I feel I am blasphemous in saying the new Porsche 911 is a dream to drive and is hard to pass up.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. coolwhip21

coolwhip21 Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Have to echo the new Porsche 911 2019! I can't stop driving it, addiction.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jiva

Jiva Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I want to love it SO much but.. for Pete's sake, it feels to me like it's on casters instead of wheels LOL - I'm using default setup and haven't tweaked it at all but ffs my dream ride at Nordschleife is a nightmare :(

10. Nick Feys

Nick Feys Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

My favorite GT3 car is the Porsche. I take the RUF RT 12R (# 74 Prospeed Competition).
    Why this car? Since I have been going to the circuit for years, and have a good friendship with drivers Dylan Derdaele, Frédéric Bouvy, Maxime Soulet and Max van Splunteren, who then rode in the Porsche 911GT3-R # 74 during the 24Hours of Spa.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  11. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    my alltime favourite is the Audi R8 GT3 (2015)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    My all time favorite is not at Raceroom and will propably never be.:(
    Morgan Aero 8 GT3 looks a bit cross-eyed, yes, but is not that streamlined as todays GTs and shows some charcter.
    [​IMG]

• Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Andy81

Andy81 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I drove the GT-R a lot prior to the big december patch but now it feels like all cars but the amg, m6, c7, r8 and 2019 911 are pretty useless if you want to go sort of fast. I hope those have been more polished before the patch because of a new adac gt master season or something and the other cars might catch up. Otherwise you could just rename the GTR3 class to adac gt masters aswell.

Yes, i know some of the cars in the GTR3 class are reasonably old and supposed to be slower but even the last gen 911 is sort of crap now all of a sudden. :)

14. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    They're all lame - GT1 is where it's at! :D

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    The range of choice in the GT3 category in RRE is fantastic..

The Z4 is indeed a great little car, and lends itself really nicely to a single car event. - I particularly like it at Sonoma.

And then there's a really nice 'split' between European and US stuff that can be combined nicely to form their own little sub groups.

I think my go-to car is the Merc AMG though.. That sound and handling is bang on the money for me. Second place pobably goes to the Z06 for a fun bit of sequential action.

16. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    That's one ugly mother fker!
    it has a face that only a mother could love!

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    The Z4 is indeed fun, and used to be my favourite GT3. While it may not have quite the oomph for longer straights, it's certainly a nimble little f*cker and very forgiving of mistakes.

Right now I'm leaning towards the AMG. Isn't quite as agile as I'd like, but oh man that engine sound. :D
    Been driving the M6 a lot recently though, and even in my hands that thing is fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Actually this car looked quite cool on track. The embedded image looks a bit misleading tbh. Did you follow the link? There are better images. I saw it live when I was to Oschersleben, I believe it was in 2008. It was the loudest car in its class at that time too. Even louder than the Z4 was later on.

19. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I did, it’s design (body shape) looks like a throw back to the 1940’s
    I get some people would like it but I’d expect there’d be pretty polarised views.

....are you it’s mother? :p

20. Vince Wheel

Vince Wheel Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I'm glad there is a Mustang in the game: it's from far my favorite GT3, love its sound and behaviour!
    it's the only one I don't get bored with :)
    The 2nd one is the Corvette Z06, then, more rarely, the C7.