FEATURE REQUEST/ Left Hand or Right Hand Drive select option

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    RE: FEATURE REQUEST: Left Hand or Right Hand Drive select option

Apologies if this has already been discussed before?

I think it would be a brilliant feature to have. Select between Left or Right-hand drive :) . I have a few cars on my purchasing list but due to driving on the right side it looks odd on my sim rig and I personally don't like it. Just a personal preference here.

Cheers

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i believe that some cars are licensed that way , due to the manufactures choice ..... after that i suppose it depends on your rig setup , you could move the seating position ingame etc if you use a dash app etc or edit the car cockpit file

Andi

3. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Some cars are only designed to be either left or right handed drive. R3E has mostly race cars, I doubt manufacturers will have choices for teams to buy as it does not matter in a race.

And also, converting a car from left to right or vice versa would require the interior at least to be remodelled. It is not as simple as flippping the driver seats with a button.

4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Photoshop, mirror image, done! :D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    This is never going to happen and in all honesty it would be a waste of time and money. It is much smarter to spend this time and money on creating new car models.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not completely sure, but I think this could even mean having to buy a license for the optional layout.
    And as mentioned above this would only apply to a handful of cars cause most have only been built and used with one layout, so I'm not even sure the manufacturers would approve a model they never actually built.

Not to mention the effort it would take to implement this properly, i.e. not adding them as additional models but instead add a menu function that allows to switch between the two. Too much cost for very little added value, like @RoccoTTS already said.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    If this is bothering you, drive formula cars, problem solved.:p
    First world problem.;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Funny stuff.... i drive formula thats is no issue :)
    For example, Daytona Prototype and nissan gtr are great cars in raceroom. If they could only be switched to the left side..... well can't have everything i guess.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, so the mirrored image wouldn't work?

10. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    What sort of dash app are you referring to, and what game file exactly?

11. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Is this a serious question ? :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Fine you're able to see a joke as it was ment to be.:)

13. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i was replying to the game rig , ie you have your wheel and dashboard , switches etc in hardware , so technically there is no need for the interior of the car , just the windscreen ... so by switching sides etc it could be a fix for people who have an issue with one side or another

Andi

14. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    In all fairness to Turtle; I too struggle to drive the RHD cars; Heck I even live in Australia where we drive RHD cars LOL.
    But since the majority of these gaming cars are LHD that's what I get used to so I find it very hard to hit the apexes accurately in a RHD car; I'm always searching for the apex as opposed to nailing it every time.

But if I stay with RHD cars for a few nights of racing then it starts to feel natural...but then it takes some getting used to when swapping back.

I'm not sure if this is true but I think the switch between RHD and LHD feels more exaggerated when using triple screens.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Alex Wurst

Alex Wurst RaceRoom

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    you can try mirroring your monitor, comes with a side benefit of an additional layout (inverted) for each and every single track ;)
    Just remember to change your steering configuration ( right -> left).
    In all honesty though, i dont think this will happen b/c of licensing reasons. Just recently, we got into a problem with a manufacturer because one of the liveries of a car was in a little bit darker shade of blue than the real car, so everyone is pretty serious about their representations in games and media.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    I usually ride on RHDcar, but LHDcar does not feel particularly inconvenient. :D:D(I live in a country on the left hand side)

It seems that it does not greatly affect reality.
    Other,There are many things to do.
    The priority will be quite low.

17. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I agree. The priority is not high at all and it would only be cool feature to have. As much as i would love to have it, its not a great deal as there are many other cars to chose from and most are LHD.

18. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like your chap needs to learn how to use the eyedropper tool! :D

• Like Like x 1