Feature Requests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shovas, May 25, 2015.

1. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    - Force meter: FFB force to ensure the game is outputting what you think it's outputting

- Pedal meters: Throttle, Brake, Clutch to make sure they're registering correctly while driving

- Notification when your leaderboard rank gets bumped by a better time. I think it'd be fun to go back and forth with some drivers trying to beat each other's times.

- Much quicker menu and track load times. It's very nearly unacceptable and, unlike most other software, it doesn't get much faster the second/third/fourth/etc time you have loaded the same data like a menu or track. It's at the point where it discourages loading up the game because it's not enjoyable waiting.

^ Is this something network related? Is part of the problem slower links from North America to Europe? My internet connection is not slow but loading in R3E is slow.

- All settings should be editable while driving like auto-clutch, physical wheel range (not virtual wheel range), etc

- I should be able to seamlessly switch between paddles and h-shifter while driving (barring issues like manual clutch vs auto-clutch). As it stands you have to go into a deeper menu if you wish to switch.

- Improved Direct Drive wheel support. I've moved from a G27 to an AccuForce and it's quite difficult to nail down something that feels right because it's giving so much more info than other wheels.

^ Direct physics output is apparently broken so we can't use SimCommander's Steering Force Foundation mode.

- Some leaderboard tracks (eg. RaceRoom Hill Climb) go into RaceRoom mode whereas other tracks do not. When you press Escape while driving you get a different menu and you can't go back to the leaderboard easily. It also appears that, when this happens, your leaderboard scores don't get refreshed immediately on completing the track.

2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0