Feb 4th Update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kcoxphoto, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    No mention of ABS...

2. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    The cup as ABS now

3. javi_crash

javi_crash Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    That's right, now with the setting 'Get real' the ABS is ON by default.

In addition I've been doing tests and it is impossible to block the wheels braking hard (ABS working), while the AI does it in each braking at the end of the straight.

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0

i raced zuhai today and i was impressed no major glitches and my fps was pretty solid in the low 80s with a full grid , but i will retest

Andi

5. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I also found them really difficult. Even applying the brakes gently resulted in a lock-up and square tyres. I had to turn crew chief off as the lock-up warnings at every corner was really irritating.

6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    silohettes are easy enough , although you might want to play with the brake bias a bit
    did a few 40 lap races with them and no issues with th tyres

Andi

7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    So it seems like we are getting another Chinese track with Zhejiang, and a Honda fantasy car. Gee, I wonder what that one could be...

By the way, I like the new Red Bull liveries, but you still need to update the livery previews in the store.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  8. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Nah, I've tried all sorts of setting changes and the silhouette is just a pig. Even in default settings the back end swings about like a pendulum at the slightest touch of the wheel, think i9t's time to switch to AC

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    The end goal when updating the Silhouette and Aquila handling was to make them straight forward, intuitive and believable. To anybody who drives an actual car and regularly doesn't crash it, driving these cars should be a simple conversion. Previously they were fairly vague and rewarded bad driving techniques.

Maybe you should upload and share a video of yourself driving the car here so I can help you understand whats causing the driving issues you're having.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  10. augustkekule

augustkekule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    The new engine sound of the R 32 is absolutely addicting.Great work!

11. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I do drive an actual car, have done for 34 year but if it was behaving like your silhouette class it would be going straight into the garage to find out what had broken

12. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    As I said, happy to look in to the issues you're having but I need to see what you're experiencing to get things rolling.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Psychotik

Psychotik Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I tried the silhouettes yesterday evening. As for the Aquila, they've lost their smooth and vague behaviour and are now precise and responsive. The car replies to throttle and steering as expected, you can now drive them on the edge under control. I tested R51 & C14-1 @Bathurst with some GT4 AI friends. I particulary like these two models for their sound.

Being part of the free content (as the Aquila), I think it's a good point to attract new players.

14. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I was depressed when I read the comments about the Silhouettes, especially after the bad taste in the mouth I still have from the DTM 92 update, which I am still totally against.

In any case, I did a back to back test at Zolder (I picked a track I had never used them on before to have an open mind) with all 4 cars to see what changed and these are my main conclusions:

1) Factory ABS option is now not available so all cars will have massive brake lock if you mash the brake down like before. It is necessary to reduce brake % to between 85 and 90 with digital input, depending on the car and maybe push the bias a little back too. I understand that this will be welcomed by the purists but as the Silhouettes are starter cars, I think the factory ABS option should be brought back as there was already enough carnage in multiplayer open lobbies. Also some cars lock up easier than others so in the sense of BOP and fairness if you have factory TC then factory ABS should at least be an option too.
    2) Handling. Steering sensitivity is lower so I needed to adjust that and steering lock to be able to get round corners. All 4 cars have their individual traits like before. The most popular car up to now has a lot of mid corner understeer but all cars are manageable with 30-40% TC and digital input device so there should be no issues for people with better rigs. None of the cars have the horrible turn-in oversteer that has plagued DTM 92 for me.
    3) BOP. I only tested on Zolder but I was able to do low to mid 1.38s without too much trouble with all cars on 40l fuel. Some were easier to drive out of the box and others needed set up tweaks and were then much faster. I would imagine 1.35 - 1.36 s should be possible with some setup work and practice and the best players should probably be in the 1.34s.
    4) Other changes. Apart from livery and sound mods mentioned before, I see that the setup menu no longer allows final drive to be changed. I would assume some cars have had their gear ratios raised as they were on the rev limiter before - needs TBC/checked.

Zolder does not have much in the way of high speed corners or hairpins so I need to do a test on Portimao or Sepang to back up my first impressions.

Overall verdict: The changes make the cars harder to manage under braking and steering needs more effort but once acclimatised I think there is not any big problem and many people will appreciate the revised characteristics and the need to work on setup and tyre pressures. I would repeat that factory ABS should be brought back for multiplayer more than anything.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Did you try all 4 cars? Are you using any driver aids?

As per my testing with factory TC on at steps 1-4 I had no issues at all and even found the steering less sensitive than before so I wonder if you might need to play about with controller settings.

16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I too had massive lock ups due to factory ABS option being removed. You either need to enable ABS driver aid or reduce braking force from 100% until the lockups are less pronounced and / or push brake bias back a couple of %.

Hopefully the devs will consider reinstating factory ABS as these are starter cars and a lot of multiplayer lobbies don´t allow non factory driver aids. Formula Race Room is already an option as a starter car for people who don´t want driver aids but those cars are cruise missiles in open lobby as noobies just pile into people on the first corner when they lock up.

17. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I completely agree. These cars were really good as free, entry-level vehicles and now they`re not.
    I actually reduced the braking force to 85% but it made no difference.
    The problem for me is that you can`t set ABS in multiplayer. Oh well, I have plenty of other cars. All of them actually :rolleyes:
    And you`re right about the FRJ; those things are lethal...

18. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Did you try the Canhard R52? That one seemes to have the most forgiving brakes.

19. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    With ABS back on I was a couple of seconds quicker per lap and those irritating messages from CC about lock-ups disappeared.

20. karat

karat New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Give us back our canhard !

• Disagree Disagree x 1