Feedback on [BETA] - RANKED servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stickdeath1980, Dec 18, 2019.

1. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    And please implement an automatic rotation to the next track if the server is empty. For instance, NSU server was stuck on Falkenberg for hours yesterday, probably becuase it´s not a track many people own. As others have alrady suggested, if a room has 0 players for more than 5 minutes for example, it should cycle through to the next track.

3. Jens Roos

Jens Roos New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    @Jens Roos, sorry for off-topic. Is it you from racedepartment?
    Thanks for your work at AC, appreciate this very much.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vince Wheel

Vince Wheel Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I'm enjoying races on the ranked servers, and I set several as favorite, but I'm missing a Group 5 one (I didn't see it yet in the list)
    Do you think it would it be possible to set a server for this class?

6. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Does the algorithm separate rage-quitting from mechanical failure?

• Like Like x 1
  7. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Just get Falkenberg. Great racing to have there :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    We want avoid pushing people towards deliberately crashing their car in order to suffer less reputation damage upon leaving early.

So we currently do not differentiate. You're just not a race finisher.

• Like Like x 1
  10. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I'm trying to keep it focused to cars with updated physics at the moment. Especially after December update where some force feedback issues were reported with cars that still have to be updated. Think we should keep it that way for now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Is it allowed to start from the pits on the ranked server? I prefer to avoid the starting- and lap1-carnage, if possible. It so bad since the passwords are gone.

Why? Where I can I see/monitor my stats now? :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  12. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Your case is interesting for our beta phase. You seem to have dropped quite a lot in just two races. We'll look into why.

13. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I didn`t even think of that. Shows how naive I am :rolleyes:

14. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    The first race was with GTR4 in silverstone but only two drivers started the race, another guy and me. I finished second. before the race his Rating was 1516,x (i think) my one was (1546) I lost the race against him.

The second race was also GTR4 at Nürburgring, With a few more drivers, but less then 10 (8 or 9 I think) I finished 7th as far as I remember.

keanos Histo002.PNG

I also lost many points (34) at my first ranked race (i think we were 3 people in that race.) All other races were with crowded servers.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  15. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    1. Had a bug for my first experience on DTM 1992 Bathurst a few nights ago. Was in the setup screen before a race (qualified 2nd). Went into setup screen to check fuel load, rideheight etc and with 3 seconds left on the countdown timer i clicked 'race' only to be thrown a 'something went wrong error page {go back/exit}' the race started without me. :( I had to quit after 5 minutes of trying button combinations. Failed.

So i would like the option to rejoin/join races midway if we fail to start. I got hit with a rage quit score for simply being a victim of a bug.

2. This mode is very punishing for hard to control cars like FRx90. I had a race in Monza where i was the only one of 7 not to have a crash on the first lap. Going on to the end saw the other 6 guys be very patient but it was a destruction derby the whole race as i lapped all of them atleast twice and during the whole event saw spinning or colliding with walls or limping back to the pits :/. I dont think they were crashing into each other.

The guys i was racing with were definitely faster going by fastest lap times. They just all were unlucky on the first lap and additionally never drove tidy enough for the rest of the race.
    It gives me even more desire to see a AI swapping hotseat feature added. or maybe even race restarts-rematchs at the end.

3. Another Frx90 race i had was pretty sad start where the guy in front never accelerated when the lights went green and i just had no way of avoiding that crash into the guys backside.

Its a video game.. How hard would it be to just make cars off the lead lap ghost cars to lead lap drivers?

16. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I guess it wouldn't be hard as cars get ghosted under certain circumstances already. But actually it's (doing its best to be) a simulation. ;) Of course this is a matter of taste and how realistic you want your racing sim, but I for one wouldn't like to see such a behaviour. Could still be an option if the devs want to spend time on this feature. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    ugh just had a repeat of the bug from a few days ago. was doing a outlap after just loading into Paul Ricard after clearing the hairpin my camera autoswitched to the nosecone of the car and then i got the message 'something went wrong' (go back / exit) :(

error : 118

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  18. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    These sound like connection errors to me. Do you have a stable internet connection. Wires? Wireless? What's your ping to the server?

• Like Like x 1
  19. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Speedtest 18mbps up, 48mbps down, About 350+ ping to the server. I had youtube and discord in the background with no issues or interruptions and i was able to load the lobby within seconds of clicking going back. I dont see any artifacts or warping when i do online races. Ping to router is 6 (PC antenna has a direct line of sight to the modem antenna). Weird thing was the camera changed on its own (went from cockpit to nose cam, i quickly cycled the change camera button and it was only cycling between nose, extrenal and bumper (cockpit cam had disappeared from the cycle in the 5 seconds it happened at which point i got the error). There was no other people connected to the ranked server at the time.

20. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Ping seems very high. Can't remember at what point autokick occurs. I will ask.

Edit: almost certainly ping is too high. These servers are Europe based. I'm guessing you are not?

You may be able to improve matters by using a wired connection to your router.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020