FEEL VR

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Barracuda318, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I am thinking about being a Guinea pig, and preordering a Feel VR DD wheel base
    at $450 it sits right between the two CSL elite Fanatec bases + wheel in price
    reviews of early demo versions are impressive, it is a bit ugly, but I can live with that.
    I like the idea of a DD wheel, but I would never spend a grand or more on one,
    not expecting Podium, OSW or Bodner performance, but it should beat a CSL base at the same price point, heck an OK DD wheel has got to be better than a good belt drive base, don't you think?

2. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    This is a project I'm also interested in. Compared to other DD wheels it is affordable indeed. And you can get a wheel with additional rim and a pedalset with a loadcell. It's really tempting, but I bought a Thrustmaster T150 like a year ago with extended warranty and it runs perfectly fine, so I keep trying not to think too much about Feel VR bundle :p Also when the right time to upgrade comes, it's gonna be already tested by people if it's worth the price or not. One way or another, I think Feel VR will be a solid product

• Like Like x 1
  3. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Hm, interesting product. Okay, ugly as hell, but this would be no big problem.
    But I really don't know if this is a good product. How is the feeling at driving, how long will this product last and what is, when it is defect.

And: do I want to give 599 US Dollar to a brand I don't know. It could be, that they never delivery as I understand. and then: Byebye hard earned money?
    OK, it's in bundle half of the price of the cheaper fanatec Podium wheelbase. How could they do that?

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Cheap components and voilĂ  lower price.
    I don't expect this wheel to last many years without problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    a servo motor is pretty durable, direct drive so no belts, gears, pullies etc.
    and a power supply can be sourced, even a circuit board for a DIY DD wheel should work if needed one day,
    and that is the worst case scenario, IF the company goes bust, not that they will
    and the full retail price is comparable to other inexpensive DD wheel's like the Accuforce
    and that is about what I am expecting, so I wouldn't say cheap, just inexpensive.
    the pedals look OK, but about average, and load cell pedals are available cheaper elsewhere,
    so the combo doesn't interest me, just the startup discount price on the base at $450
    and even that is more than I really want to spend, but man a DD wheel just within reach is too tempting:cool:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  6. APC900

APC900 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Any word on whether this is getting done or if it has been abandoned?

7. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    They just recently updated their facebook page, so I guess everything goes fine so far

8. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I emailed them a few weeks ago asking for more info on what sims and games would be supported
    they never replied, I guess they had nothing new to report, if they don't publish a full list before raising the price, I will opt out, as much as I like the idea of a DD wheel, I dislike the idea of having to swap out my base to play some games/sims

9. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    well Feel VR got back to me, and the list of games they have tested is quite extensive
    way more than they have listed on the web site, both sim racing and arcade games,
    it is only for PC now with any sim/game that supports multiple devices
    but they are looking at PS4 support in the future, for the GT fans
    so I guess I'm gonna pre order one, I will update when I get it
    should be first quarter 2019, so they say, if all goes well, I hope:coldsweat:

the list
    Race Room
    rfactor 1&2
    Assetto Corsa
    Automobilista
    iRacing
    F1 2017
    Pcars 1&2
    Race 07
    GTR2
    Dirt 3&4
    Collin McRay 2.0
    Richard Burns
    Dirt Ralley
    Truck Simulator
    Beam NG
    Forza
    TDU2
    The crew
    NFS shift 2
    LFS
    Grid
    Gran Turismo

• Like Like x 2
  10. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Plus the question of service and support quality, when problems arise or something gets broken and needs fixing.

Everybody deserves a fair chance, but letsface it: newcomers must fight an uphill battle until they have proven themselves and formed a solid reputation. Its not easy. Long breath - capital - is needed. Most startups fail because they underestimate the need for being able to sit out a long time of low or even no income. They start with too little cash.

11. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    When they started the whole things the price was a lot cheaper and they talk about the first quarter of 2018
    :(

12. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    the first estimated delivery was November 2018, they now say February 2019
    with any crowd funded project, delays are to be expected, so it may get pushed back again
    the intro price for the wheel base was $399 for the first contributors, during the first 48 hours only
    it is now $449, and will go up to $499 for the final crowd fund pre order offer, then $669 retail

and yea there is risk with any crowd funded project like this, it is to be expected
    but no more or less than buying a used wheel off ebay or craigslist, (my other low cost option)
    or you can minimize the risk by waiting until they start shipping, and the reviewers get a few for testing,
    only then the price goes up, (and out of reach for my budget)
    and you have to expect issues with any early first production device, my hope is by getting in early, they will stay in business long enough to resolve any problem under warranty :cool:

13. RacingRichie

RacingRichie New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    where is this information from? Couldn't find that on kickstarter or indiegogo?!

14. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    kickstarter page says November 2018
    Feel Vr page says February 2019

I am still on the fence on the Feel VR
    Fanatec black Friday deal looks pretty good