Released FERRARI 488 GT3 EVO 2020 - now available!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, and that too. There's no multiclass in leaderboard competitions, so if you want to drive Bentley Evo, AMG Evo or Ferrari in a GTR3 competition, you need to buy a GTR3 skin for them.

I don't know if it should be viewed as something positive (i.e. as increased value of GTR3 skins that justifies their higher price) or negative (i.e. you need to pay some more even though you already have a car that meets technical regulations for the competition).

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  2. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    This is how it looks
    And so everyone has their opinion.
    Regardless of whether it is a package or GT3.
    If I already have the car in one class, it should be free in all others because I have already paid for it..
    I'd be happy to pay for the paint job.
    But buying the same car twice...
    What shoud that?
    That is dishonest.
    I don't want to pay twice for the same thing. I think I'm not the only one there.
    But if KW wants it that way, ok.
    But from that point I'm out.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I agree that it is necessary to generate revenue but I feel one is more likely to do that by offering fresh and interesting content. That said, when they did that with the electric cars there was very low uptake.

No player AFAIK has ever asked for multiple classes of the same car spec (yearly series updates like DTM and WTCR, yes) - it´s something imposed on us just like Esports. It´s bonkers that there are 5 identical Civic TCRs and 4 BMW M6 (pending a fifth if ADAC 21 is released).

The easiest thing to do if you don´t agree is ignore them or protest giving valid reasons. They might not go away immediately but at least the people who decide will get the message.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    That with the packages is actually madness.
    So the M4 GT3 is only coming in 2 years?!?
    rF2, ACC, iRacing already have it.
    I would like to finally see him here too.
    The business policy of KW should actually be reconsidered.
    Where are active advertisements from KW?
    some aggressive advertising in the usual social media to make the product interesting for the community.
    But asking the users who are already there to checkout again and again is the wrong way to go.
    That scares me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I´d expect the M4 to premiere in the DTM 22 pack. Interestingly, the McLaren is still a DTM exclusive - maybe that´s a good thing!

6. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Yeah.
    But first come the DTM21..

7. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Could not agree more and this was the way it was for a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I have no idea how/why the pricing is what it is. It doesn't make any sense to me either tbh. Vote with your wallet. If you do already have the DTM car you can still drive it in the fixed Ferrari races though, and I would recommend them. Had a couple of amazing races there last night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Me too.
    Bought Interlagos too.
    Fantastic car & track!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...NhbbjWi6fJ6gpgS7xwuDHTbQPl&id=100054541735006

10. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    There is another problem if we are completely honest.
    We, who are here at RR, value the simulation aspect. It is given here, of course.
    But the outside community, when they hear RR, what do they think first?
    Ah, DX9, no weather, no day-night cycle.
    Right? correct!
    They don't even know what a great challenging simulation they are missing out on here.
    That's why I can't quite understand KW Suspension's pricing policy.
    Do you want to annoy the small solid community you have with something like that?
    rather take money in hand and apply for new customers!
    I do my part to help RR progress.
    With pictures and texts on social media and in the past with YT videos.
    But enough now, I think everyone got it.
    we all have to let KW Suspension understand that we don't like it that way. At least those who disagree with it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
  11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Somehow, though, I still want to know what the plans are for the future of R3E.

upload_2022-8-13_13-3-33.png

The entry on the homepage promises a lot, but says nothing about the future of R3E.

Will R3E be pimped or replaced?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I think replaced.
    Ultimately, it's easier to create something new than to completely rewrite something old.

Hopefully not UR.
    I'm a VR user..

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Agree with you, and then start again buying track by track and car by car (and livery by livery).

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    There are a few elephants in the room.
    Firstly no one has mentioned that the cost of a premium single car and livery has been 5 euros since the DTM20s came out. For a full set of liveries it´s about 7-8 euros per car, so on a par with other games´ pricing but with the limitation of no custom liveries.

Secondly, as new game features and development news have almost come to a halt, yet new job positions are being advertised, one would think that time is being dedicated to something other than this version of the game. If an entirely new game is released, where does that leave existing players and their VRP/ bought content? Will this game have an offline version or will there be an offer to migrate? Will the same pricing model be used?

I´ve said before that now going into early 2023 is a good time to launch a game as there will be no new competition until AC2 and maybe Rennsport in 2024. Let´s see.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    I cant see a new game , i see the base game getting an update ...
    Why...
    I cant see kw renegotiating all the track and car licences

Andi

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  16. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Andi thanks, I hope your vision is not clouded.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps the licensing is not tied to one game title but to the publisher. If we go back through the lineage, GTR, GTR2 and Race 07 were all separate titles and indeed much of 07 content came through to Raceroom even with the changes in developer and KW coming onboard.

Many would prefer a game upgrade as with RF2 and iRacing but for marketing a new title has more clout.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    All content in raceroom is new licences , it was a new platform , hence new licences ,

Andi

19. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yepp, something around the same here (Bentley Evo plus 3 paint jobs - those I like) that's less than half of a pack of cigarettes or an espresso at some coffee shop (or a tiny piece of something else from that coffee shop :D ) or two croissants or a pack of toilet paper and some tomato sauce (= imaginary first aid kit for any kinda crisis).....
    Simracing is my passion, RRE is the one to go to even if there are things to complain about and I don't have to pay Steam for distribution...
    Tho I do understand : the forum has become the stepchild of RR these days...;)

20. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    To me it looks like/feels like, the Ferrari license and every extra livery is a bit more expensive then other cars/manufactures, so KW needed to charge extra - and its totally reasonable if indeed thats the case.

I bet all the complainers would happily agree for these extra pricing few month ago before Ferrari was announced - just bring Ferrari to raceroom !!! Shut up and take my money !!

• Disagree Disagree x 1