Problem FFB and Rotation Angle Issue (Logitech G27)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by The Angry Hamster, Feb 19, 2016.

1. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    I am currently experiencing a very odd issue with R3E where my wheel (Logitech G27) is set to a rotation angle of around 180 degrees when I load into the game. My normal rotation angle, as set in the Logitech Profiler, is 900 degrees. I play R3E about once a week so it's hard to know exactly when it started other than it was not happening last Thursday and is happening now.

The exact issue is strange as my wheel operates normally in other games and while no game is loaded. The current behavior is that when R3E is 'focused' (when the window has focus) my wheel is locked to a rotation angle of around 180 degrees and when I turn to max rotation in either direction there is a light 'stuttering' of FFB from the wheel. If I utilize the built in 'modes' from the G27 (Holding the middle 2 red buttons down and pressing one of the 4 top buttons on the shifter) I can swap the rotation angle, but the FFB 'stuttering' gets much worse. After switching the rotation angle if R3E loses and re-gains focus, or if I change any session within the game, the rotation angle gets reset back to 180. During all of this time, the Logitech Profiler remains at a listed rotation angle of 900 degrees.

As far as I am aware nothing has changed hardware or software -wise since the last time I played R3E. I have attached a DXDiag output in case it is helpful.

Attached Files:

2. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Our coder was busy with this issue and the G29 driver solves this for now (8.79.77).
    Tested it myself and it even fixes automatic steering rotation.
    http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g29-driving-force

Just install it, you don't have to do anything with it and keep the G27 driver also.

Logitech is aware of this bug.

3. The Angry Hamster

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Downloaded. I'll try to test it later today and see if it fixed it :D

4. The Angry Hamster

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Tested today after installing the Logitech driver. Same behavior persists.

5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    You didnt accidentally set the steering rotation in the car setup menu to 360 or 180 did you? Say, if you were driving protoypes recently. This would lock the wheel to that degrees until you change it.

What about your logitech profiler settings? Do you have a specific game profile for R3E made, or just use the global settings for every game you play? If you have a specific game profile made, perhaps that is bugged, or the steering rotation there was set really low and the game cant adjust those settings. You can check and change that, or delete the profile and make a new one. Disregard if you only use the global settings.

Hmm, I actually think I recall this happening to a beta-tester before, but cant pinpoint who, or what the fix was. If I come across a fix, or have any other ideas, I'll post it up.

6. The Angry Hamster

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    In terms of car rotation, each car is set to the default for that car, but the problem occurs even in the menus. It happens any time R3E has focus at all, not just in an event.

Personally, I have my Logitech Profiler settings to be 'permanent' across all the games I play. Mostly for ease of use for myself and partly because I could never get the automatic switching from different games to actually work lol. For reference, those settings are:

Overall Effect Strength: 100%
    Spring Effect Strength: 24%
    Damper Effect Strength: 100%
    Degrees of Rotation: 900
    The centering spring option is unchecked
    Report combined peddles is unchecked
    Allow game to adjust settings is checked

All in all it isn't the end of the world as it seems to be either very few, or possibly only just me lol, that are currently experiencing this issue. My best guess would be it's likely something with Windows 10 since that seems to be where the bulk of my PC issues have come from in the past 4 months.

7. Jeremy Chaim

Jeremy Chaim New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm also having this issue - haven't been able to play the game for a while. tried the g29 software, it does nothing. (why would it? it does not recognize the g27..) I've deleted the SimBin folder from My Documents, so setting were reset. still does the same thing..

I am about ready to reinstall the game...

8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    There is a problem with the logitech drivers currently malfunctioning in a few different games. Logitech is aware of this actually, and I believe working on a driver fix. A workaround that worked for the beta-testers was to install the Logitech Gaming Software (the G29 software) even if you have the Logitech Profiler installed which your G27 uses. No idea why, but just having that installed resolved the issue for the beta-testers.

Still not entirely sure what the problem is though. @Jeremy Chaim, are you also on Windows 10? It does seem that Windows 10 overall isnt a very smooth platform at the moment. Not just in R3E, but for many different programs as well. Im sure that will be ironed out by Microsoft over time so existing programs made for Windows 7 will work more flawlessly, but in the mean time it is certainly a hassle.

Have either of you guys tried plugging your wheel into different USB ports? Perhaps there is some problem with how the wheel is being recognized. Sorry I cant be of more help though.

9. The Angry Hamster

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Any and all options/suggestions are welcome and appreciated :) . Hopefully Logitech gets something working quickly as I need my R3E fix :D

10. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    This is what I have done! I have G27 and not one single problem...
    I Uninstall logitech profiler clean then restart computer without the wheel connected then install logitech profiler and this part is crucial, when it installed finished just close it do not start it again ever! It will start automaticly and be active by the windows activity bar and that is enough. Then connect the G27 wait for windows to finish, open windows settings for controllers select the G27 here and properties. If all is right you now have a G27 wheel there with all function (if not just restart computer leave all as is and it will appear) here you set the basic setting you want on your wheel for all sims.. like 900 degree rotation is crucial for optimum funktion in games.. Now you can set your FFB where you like it that is all...

Any other setting you want change, do it in the games to get wheel to behave as you like..
    If it should start to misbehave again for some reason unknown, now it is a easy fix.
    Just open windows controler seting pick the G27 properties and when that window is open just klick around on buttons litle and throtle break clutch and close, start game all should be back to noramal again..

This have worked perfect for my G27 now for over 7 month straight with out any big mishaps that wasn't fixed with in 2 minutes.. ;)
    really hope this can do same for you ;) The big problem is the Logitech profiler it is crap, by using windows gui you only use the hardware drivers and nothing more from the L. profiler. ;)

Edit: forgot... I am using L.P. version 5.10.127 from 2010 only one I used last 7 month.. I got Win10 and used same on Win Vista so it should work on all Win in between. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  11. Jeremy Chaim

Jeremy Chaim New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am on windows 10 - but as far as I know it has worked on 10 before. I had 8 before 10 and it did not have this issue then. I am going to try changing usb ports and/or @Mich Angel 's suggestion. I haven't really had issues like this with other games on windows 10 and I use quite a few sims...

12. Jeremy Chaim

Jeremy Chaim New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well, none of the above has worked, sadly. when raceroom is in focus, wheel goes to 180* rotation...

13. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Do you have the animated driver active when driving wheel and hands for the animated driver have limitation on how many degree it turn but it don't affect the actual turning radius.. it is just a visual limitation.

14. Jeremy Chaim

Jeremy Chaim New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No. what happens with this bug is that the steering wheel hits a lock 90* to each side and the game is seeing that as the full rotation of the wheel. If I try to drive a car - lets say the car has a 720 ratio - the lock on my wheel will stay at 180, yet the animated wheel will spin around 4 times to each side when my wheel has only gone 90*. It is impossible to play the game this way, obviously.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    A wild shot but try running the Profiler as administrator and starting R3E from there.

16. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    This is exactly the issue I had and what I did to corect it I explained in previous post and after that I have had no problem but make shore you are using the right version of logitech profiler the one i sugested is the one I use and I have no problem in any sim.
    If I change a specific car to 540 that's what I get or to 720 i get it and change stering lock to get faster or less turn but it work perfect for me. I have win10 and G27 with pedals and H-shifter.. Yea I do have USB connected to the number one USB port in the computer.. ;)

17. iHandle

iHandle New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone,
    first post here.
    much love sector3.
    so, I just moved my dfgt from my old pc to my new one and this problem showed up.
    The wheel performs as usual but the graphics get stuck at 90 degrees every side.

this did not happen in my old pc. just in my new one from yesterday.
    I'm using the same 5.10.127 as before. Installed, unistalled, test, repeat. no go.

when the game loads my wheel gets stuck at the same angles and then the stops move to the defined degrees of the game.

everything is fine but the graphics. since yesterday.
    not the same as hamster because it's a new pc with a new OS, but still. since yesterday.

I really do love this..uhm..experience(?) ;)

18. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    This are my settings in Windows game controller properties for the G27, maybe that can help to. This settings and what I described earlier in this post is only thing I done to make it work all other settings is made in the game where I have the steering wheel basic setup to 900 degrees also. rest I change in the car setup so that is different from car to car.. ;)

It's in Swedish but think you figure out what is what ;)

Attached Files:

19. The Angry Hamster

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    I've tried a different USB port, tried having the wheel be the only thing plugged in, tried re-calibrating in Windows controllers. Nothing working so far. The odd thing is the wheel still works perfectly normal in all other racing titles I current play (Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, Automobilista Beta, and RFactor 2). Hopefully it can get addressed at some point. I miss my R3E :D

20. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    So strange how it can be so different with same products.. really hope you get it sorted out ;)