FFB Guide - December 2019

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Thomas Jansen, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +303 / 0 / -0
    Well that is just what happened
    try it on v2.5

2. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +303 / 0 / -0
    I also don't believe OSW guys should have to self edit 3 lines in the rcs file to make ffb work again after the "hot fix" but they do ?

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +663 / 0 / -0
    I don't have one. I will report it so it can be checked.

4. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen Sector3 Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +439 / 0 / -0
    By default the look left, right and back are bound to the analog stick on the V2.5, Works as intended on my 918 rim, which is the same button layout as the GT2 rim afaik. Either it interprets the axis differently for you or the stick might not be centered correctly.

5. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +303 / 0 / -0
    yeah my bad my fault
    user error

6. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +303 / 0 / -0
    hmm posts deleted so do you want me to delete and start over ?

7. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +303 / 0 / -0
    Okay getting late do you want me to delete and restart and post my rcs ? Not sure what is going on here these days ?

8. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +663 / 0 / -0
    I think you have replied to the wrong thread at some point....you have also posted in the g25 thread.... Is the issue just your look right?

9. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +303 / 0 / -0
    Maybe , but regardless default is broken on 2.5 base

10. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    @ravey1981 thank you for your settings for the T300. I already dialed in some decent settings myself, pretty close to yours. But your setup works for me as the icing on the cake!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen Sector3 Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +439 / 0 / -0
    @Andy Blade The only thing you could try is to re-bind the look left and look right to the analog stick manually and see if the same happens or not. If it doesn't happen again, you could compare what the ID and button number of the keybinds are on default and on your manual keybind.

12. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Rally-RacingIvysaur Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    If you want every wheel with the right FFB; You will a hall full of rigs with every wheel to date. First drive said car on said track, then drive wheel 1. Dial in the FFB. Drive car again on said track. Drive wheel 2. dial in the FFB. rise and repeat .It's tedious and won't work, cause you've to do this with every car and every track you want in the game.

13. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I've got my FFB in a decent place with my Accuforce at the moment, but i'm noticing that one of the effects of this new ffb is a reduction in any sort of sharp/detailed road or mid-corner bump. Is there a way to enhance some of those mid-corner bumps or is that just the way the cars feel now?

For example, GT3 and DTM92 both feel super smooth at the nurburgring GP track. I'm used to getting a small amount of feedback mid-corner and on the straights.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Rally-RacingIvysaur Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I noticed that with the CSW 2.5 it is really blazing like a jet or so. When I am playing AMS, rF2 and AC. It's just not as loud. I am thinking RR3 is sending some FFB-stuff to the base making it heating more, so it has to blaze lots.

I've made a setup by my self. It's not really what I want, but I at last can feel what the car's doing and I've some more road feeling.

I think in terms of FFB it's still lightyears behind AMS and ACC's feedback. rF2 is great too, but it shows it age here and there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  15. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    My CSL Elite went nuts with this last update. Thought the thing was just finished. Won't find center anymore. what the heck happened?

16. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I started a new profile for my CSW 2.5 and apart from lowering the overall force the default was almost perfect for me
    I just raised the vertical load by 6%
    It's never felt better!

When trying to dial it in; the first thing to do is start a new wheel profile and then fine tune from there

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Would you mind to share your ingame FFB settings and the wheelbase settings?

18. Bob Hickelgruber

Bob Hickelgruber New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Even after the latest hotfix, seems that old G-wheels do not comply with the new FFB settings. My G25 is a bit loose and wobbly in the center; can't really feel the ffb-effects. The wheel is not tight and precise as it used to be. Also, smthn going on with wheel turning - I have to cross my hands now to make a U-turn, more than 100 degrees of wheel rotation. The real and virtual wheel are matching nicely, no problem with that.
    I have used the default setup and tried some adjustments, installed the controller driver again and checked old/new cars but no difference. So far, I really liked that R3E ffb always worked great out-of-the-box on any car, my favourite driving experience.

As much I can sense with the numb and wobbly wheel the car physics updates are for good and I welcome the added tyre screeches.

19. Zhenya

Zhenya New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Do you use the steering wheel profile or just the settings of the game itself?

20. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Hello

@Alex Hodgkinson

can you detail the use of square and sawtooth and sine wave

Thanks