FFB Guide - December 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thomas Jansen, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Hello

@Alex Hodgkinson

can you detail the use of square and sawtooth and sine wave

Thanks

2. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson Sector3 Developer

Ratings:
    +1,339 / 0 / -0
    They're solely used for effects. It doesn't mean that things like flat spots and curbs can't be felt with those effects off, but they boost what is felt. Generally speaking, the more capable your wheel is the less effect you have to run.

The wave types are below. When the effect is triggered, a signal of that shape is sent to the wheel:
    [​IMG]

Sawtooth are used for curbs, as you can see the profile matches fairly well. Direction of travel is towards the camera:
    [​IMG]

We also use a square wave to produce the flatspot pulse.

There are no other uses for wave signals at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
  4. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson

without wanting to abuse,
    I understand that sine wave is used for :
    - vertical load
    - lateral load
    - skids
    - understeer

is it correct ?

5. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    How can I set all FFB multipliers to the stock settings without starting a session with all cars?

6. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Scratch that question above. I've found out, that there are files for every car in the my documents folders. Deleted them and now starting those parameters from scratch.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I found that sine wave seems to interact very strongly with the in game understeer effect but I'm not sure about the other settings you mentioned.

Hopefully @Alex Hodgkinson will be able to confirm.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "FormelLMS, post: 193403, membre: 889"] Comment puis-je définir tous les multiplicateurs FFB sur les paramètres de stock sans démarrer une session avec toutes les voitures? [/ QUOTE]

Delete *.uvm

9. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Jepp, found it. Thanks for replying.

10. Oxtar_

Oxtar_ New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I have to ask that am I used to use too strong FFB or what?
    I just got my new T300 and used exactly the same settings as above. With default multiplier I felt absolutely nothing (911 2019).

Cranked the multiplier to 3.2 and it started to feel even little bit closer than my previous wheel which was FFB motor modified DFGT (yeah the power supply and PCB couldn't stand it:D)

I feel good with the 3.2 multiplier but start to suffer clipping as well.

Do I need to buy DD wheel or can I do something :D

11. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +406 / 0 / -0
    You still have to adjust multipliers whatever setup you use. If its clipping a lot then its too high for the t300. You have to be realistic about your expectations from what is a low end wheel.....

With my settings I am running that car at 2.3x which is about the maximum you can go. Still gives slight clipping through Eau Rouge/Radillion which is my benchmark corner for ffb setup.

• Like Like x 2
  12. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello try is the best after several tests for my taste is not perfect but ...... default on the t300 on windows which is 75% game shock absorber 13 Intense address 40 minimum force 4 or 5 vertical 125 lateral 60 slip 11 force provinces ... 38 default multipliers i play a little up or down

13. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope this is understood using a translator

14. Oxtar_

Oxtar_ New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yep I noticed I have to adjust it.

I was using 2.3 with that modified DFGT. Now 2.3 with T300 doesn't just feel as powerful. Have to be surprised how powerful the modded motor actually was.. no wonder it burnt.

Actually now after few laps the power itself is more powerful on T300 but "sharpness" of FBB is softer than gear driven wheel which was excepted after all.

Of course the new T300 is totally another level compared to old DFGT but still surprises how powerful it was with mods.

15. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    At 2.3, does it feel the same with the older 911 GT3? Just want to compare what you guys are feeling, as I don't have the 2019, and having the same wheel, I've never reached even close to 2.3.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  16. Oxtar_

Oxtar_ New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm using now 2.9x for both 911's with 100% feedback and 90% steering force and 100% on control panel. Clipping but gives me the amount of previous wheel's intensity. Didn't belive that im not satisfied to T300 but here I am proven to myself now that I need DD wheel as soon as possible. (I'm the guy that races with gloves and shoes on and likes to have my ass sweaten off for doing 5 laps on Nords)

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +406 / 0 / -0
    That will be clipping so much that you'll not be getting any useful feedback. While DD is undoubtedly the way to go term don't be fooled into thinking GT3 cars need a lot of steering force. They are power steered and designed for everyone to drive quite comfortably.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. PaladinUK

PaladinUK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Anyone got any pointers / tips for OSW, Simucube 1 user.

I deleted my previous ControlSet and CarSetUps in My Documents and created and edited a new controller profile when SimuCube 2018 was detected in game. All inputs work fine but FFB output is very weak and lacking in any detail and I need to crank up the multiplier by over 2x to get any feeling and for it to register in the FFB Meter. (And it's not showing much)

For info Overall Strength in SimuCube is set to 100% and I'm running Intensity in-game at to 100% although I'd usually run this much lower.

I'm clearly missing something so any ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  19. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +561 / 0 / -0
    I can Post my settings when I'm at the computer later.

20. Oxtar_

Oxtar_ New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    They are indeed and I dont have experience of sitting on real GT3 car and probably never will but even on street BMW's with minor modifications on my local circuit (Ahvenisto Race Circuit) with probably more powerful powersteerings gives me lot more forces so I just would like to have them on my simwheel just to get immersion to as good as I can get with VR headset of course. And you are right about ridiclous clipping with my current settings. I just got this T300 less than 48h ago so I'm still adjusting it to get the best out of it.