FFB Guide - December 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thomas Jansen, Dec 12, 2019.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +561 / 0 / -0
    I found a post I made not long ago:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceroom-and-simucube.14098/#post-192234

Hope this helps.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +561 / 0 / -0
    A GT3 driver that also has the simucube 1 once dialed the SC1 in so it has same strength like his AMG GT3. His SC1 was at around 8 to 10Nm when he found they matched. So you're not even getting this with a 100% CSW v2.5 base.

3. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson

without wanting to abuse,
    I understand that sine wave is used for :
    - vertical load
    - lateral load
    - skids
    - understeer

is it correct ?

Thanks

4. sloppshaa

sloppshaa New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have an OSW Small mige, MMos, and the FFB no longer works in the game.
    I've tried fresh install, same result.
    What has happened?!

5. sloppshaa

sloppshaa New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    is this why my FFB no longer works? where do i have to go please?

6. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
  7. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson Sector3 Developer

Ratings:
    +1,339 / 0 / -0
    Will confirm when I'm back in action next week.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PaladinUK

PaladinUK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    All sorted after following a few tips from @sbtm (many thanks) and modifying my own SimuCube settings and wow, the FFB has been improved immensely compared to my disappointing pre-update experience with my OSW Small Mige. I'd go so far to say that, based on the few laps I've put in at Nords so far, (DTM Merc - 2016), it's not too far away from rFactor2 levels of feedback and connection with the track surface and that's high praise indeed. There's also a lovely weighty feel to everything now. Nice work indeed!

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  9. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    There's really no such thing as "too high for the T300". If it's too high for the T300, it's too high for any other consumer wheel as well. Clipping has nothing to do with wheel used and its capabilities, and everything to do with the settings used in-game. If you use the same in-game settings on TSPC and on say DFGT, both will be clipping the exact same amount, despite one being noticeably stronger than the other (which will obviously also result in the forces feeling much stronger on the stronger wheel - but clipping and what the game outputs will be unaffected). You will also be clipping (in-game) the exact same amount regardless of whether your FFB gain in your wheel's control panel is set to 100% or (say) 20% - with 20%, the wheel's maximum torque will be much lower, but in-game clipping will be unaffected, so you'll still be losing detail, despite having a very weak feeling wheel.

People often think you have to adjust your in-game settings based on the wheel you're using, but that's not how it all works (at least with non-DD wheels). In-game FFB settings are pretty much universal. They will obviously result in different strength of forces felt on the wheel, and some tweaks might be needed to account for the mechanical differences between wheels (for example one might be naturally more dampened than the other) to achieve the same feel or overcome some inherent flaw of a given wheel (like the huge minimum force boost needed on some Logitech wheels), but other than that, as mentioned, the settings are pretty much universal.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I don't think our T300 can emulate much of FFB as in real life vehicles. Perhaps a DD, but haven't tried one. OTOH, raising gain/force to clipping levels just exacerbates the issue of trying to get as much as possible because it will just 'clip' them, so it might be better off leaving the gain/force at the highest allowable level for our wheel (slight clipping at fast corners).

11. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I just want to add, that I'm on the train with Alex Hodgkinsons settings. Give it another 10 percent to lateral forces and 5 percent slip effect. Seems that with that setting the road becomes a new feeling.

Than 100 percent FFB in-game and 100 percent FFB on my DD1.
    The cars multiplicator are mostly around 1,5 so I get around 8 - 12 nm.

For me it feels perfect now.

12. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +406 / 0 / -0
    While what you have written is correct, you are missing the point. He wants higher forces full stop. Assuming he already has the settings at the highest for his wheel then by increasing FFB strength in game he will absolutely induce more clipping as the entire range moves upwards. My point which was, and remains correct, is that if he requires higher sustained force then the t300 will be clipping for more of the time. This does not apply to DD wheels as they obviously have more headroom. Even the highest output DD wheels cannot match the peak forces in some cars so FFB will never be truly realistic, it's all subjective. Generally speaking on lower end wheels you should have the wheel set to output it's it's maximum and the ffb in game set so that you get the full range without clipping occuring. If that still isn't strong enough for personal taste then you need a stronger wheel.

• Like Like x 1
  13. lrystedt

lrystedt Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Isn't brake effects suppose to come through the wheel? I could be wrong but I think I remember ABS and lock-ups effect came through in my G920 before the physics update and there is brake effects set to wheel in the .rcs files.
    Is it possible to increase that particular setting somehow as it's now gives nothing.
    On top of not getting any detail in the wheels feedback at all :(

• Like Like x 1
  14. SvenT

SvenT New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Would you mind sharing the settings with us ?

S.

15. Andrew_WOT1

Andrew_WOT1 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I think it's linked in the post #321

Default R3E profile for SC2 is not far from posted settings and works surprisingly well.
    Hot tip for SC2 owners - set Ultra Low Latency to max (20%), this will kill oscillatory behavior without need to exuberant damper settings, so you can get more details through the wheel.
    Also seems like in game Force Feedback Damper setting has no effect on SC2, the effect is not even shown in TD software monitor.
    upload_2019-12-29_9-50-39.png

Does anybody know what is FFB update rate in R3E?

• Like Like x 1
  16. sloppshaa

sloppshaa New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    is there an ffb adjustment to give more force to counter steer forces, when i get oversteer?
    is that what the 'force at steering rack' is? thats my only small gripe with the FFB now, the counter steer force isn't as strong as it could/should be.

17. PaladinUK

PaladinUK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Here you go.

Tested on the 2016 DTM Merc at Spa and Nords with FFB multiplier set at 1.5. For info I like to feel the wheel really loading up and as a result it can snap back at you if you're not careful. So dial down the multiplier or Steering Force Intensity and maybe the Vertical Load as well, if needs be. Impressively, these settings don't even come close to clipping and there's plenty of headroom to spare.

Note also that I'm a VR and Motion user and my FFB tuning possibly reflects that.

As always, individual settings are completely subjective but for me these, in conjunction with the update, are giving me an experience that is absolutely 'streets ahead' of what I was able to previously achieve with my OSW to the point that I had pretty much given up on RaceRoom.

That's not the case now! :)

SimuCube.JPG

R3E 4.JPG

R3E 1.JPG

R3E 2.JPG
    R3E 3.JPG

I also made the change here as recommended by @sbtm

In the "steering_wheels.xml" file in the raceroom steam folder (...\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General) I changed following:

<key type="uint32">224007888</key> <!-- Simucube -->
    <value>
    <vendorSpecificRangeLock type="bool">false</vendorSpecificRangeLock>
    <minWheelRange type="uint32">90</minWheelRange>
    <maxWheelRange type="uint32">1080</maxWheelRange>
    <alwaysCreateEffects type="bool">true</alwaysCreateEffects>
    <supportsSpringEffect type="bool">false</supportsSpringEffect>
    <supportsDamperEffect type="bool">true</supportsDamperEffect>
    </value>

The red value is originally set to false. setting it to true will get you the stationary damping.

18. Andrew_WOT1

Andrew_WOT1 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    What is the purpose of
    Min Steering Speed = 101
    Max Steering Speed = 299

Is it speed sensitive steering, the defaults are all 0, that is linear, if I understand how it works correctly.

19. nolive721

nolive721 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Ts pc racer owner here
    Getting used to the new FFB and just adding some slip and engine effect to be spot on

Still need to oncrease the ffb multiplier by car though

One thing i havent figured out yet is the total lack of feedback under braking

I have 6 bass shakers on my rig with 2 located on pedals for wheel slip and lock effect driven with simhub but i would like to get some feeling on the wheel itself
    Thanks

20. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "nolive721, post: 193785, member: 17230"] Ts pc racer propietario aquí
    Acostumbrándome al nuevo FFB y solo agregando un poco de deslizamiento y efecto de motor

Sin embargo, todavía necesito aumentar el multiplicador de ffb en automóvil

Una cosa que aún no he descubierto es la falta total de comentarios al frenar

Tengo 6 agitadores de bajo en mi plataforma con 2 ubicados en los pedales para el deslizamiento de la rueda y el efecto de bloqueo impulsado con simhub, pero me gustaría sentir algo sobre la rueda en sí
    Gracias [/ CITA]
    I have achieved better sensations by lowering the steering intensity to 40% and raising the vertical load over 125% lateral 60% and raising the lateral forces coming from the wheels to 38% .....